The Epilogue

Love Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun walked in the dark alley and heard a long deep moan from the dark corner. She halted her step to have a better hearing about it and no doubt what she heard was a moaned, a woman's moaned. The voice got louder when she resumed her step, made her wondering of whom the other end was. But it will be very uncomfortable for her and for whoever it is. Should she take a different route to reach her chamber? But it means she should go to the opposite direction and met with Yonghwa again, which somehow made her felt uncomfortable even more.

 

With a determine mind not to make any sound, Seohyun walked slowly. The moans get louder accompanied with the sound of flesh molded. Deep inside she prayed that it wasn't her parents or else she might just die in embarrassment.

 

"Jong.." She heard the girls moaned.

 

Wait the second..

 

She knows that voice..

 

"Oh my gosh.. Don’t tell me.." Seohyun shouted angrily to the silhouette in the dark corner.

 

There's this rush movement and Seohyun could hear the shrieks of the fabric. With a quick step she found the switch and turns on the lights. Just like what she thought, Yoona and Jonghyun was standing awkwardly still in their wedding attire which now crumpled, hair in big mess with sweat plastered on their skin.

 

"My God.. You guys.. Get a room please.." The disgust is evidence in her tone.

 

"Emm.. Seohyunie.. This is not like what you think.. Yoona's gown just stuck earlier.." Jonghyun said, trying to explain everything.

 

"This is exactly like what you think.." A familiar voice emerged from behind Seohyun suddenly, startling her.

 

"Why were you here, Yonghwa?" Jonghyun sighed, knowing exactly there's no chance to explain with Yonghwa being here. He would likely to no end about it, as if giving salt to an open wound.

 

"Just making sure this lady here could arrive safely to her chamber.."

 

"I don't need you to brought me back to my chamber.. We bid goodbye earlier.." Seohyun protested.

 

"Yeah.. You bid goodbye, but had I have a chance to do so? Is it polite to leave me like that after finishing what you wanted to say without even hearing what I wanted to say?" Yonghwa leaned closer to her, squinting his eye as if hurt by her behavior. Seohyun jerked back a little, her eyes glaring at him with horror.

 

A cough came from across the room, reminding them that there were still other people in the room. "It seems now isn't about us anymore, oppa.." Yoona said. "They were not even care we were here.. Somehow it still hurt my pride.."

 

"Yeah.. I regret I ever felt nervous earlier.." Jonghyun replied. "Yahh, if you two still wanted to have that eye battle, we will just go back to our room, okay? Goodnight.. and Yonghwa.. go back to your own room after you sent her back, ok?"

 

Seohyun glared at her cousin in disbelief. How could he approve Yonghwa to take her back?

 

"I don't need him to take me back to my room, oppa.."

 

"Don't you think it's more dangerous with him around, Yeobo?" Yoona whispered to Jonghyun before facing Yonghwa. "No offense Yonghwa.. I love you dearly as a friend but I just don't like the idea of you taking Seohyun as your prey.. Your track record-"

 

"Now you got my point, unnie.. It was clear I will be safer without him around."

 

"Hey, it's still offensive.." Yonghwa whined. Jonghyun looked at his best friend while thinking. "You know me Jong.. I'm not that bastard.."

 

"Then please take care of her.." Jonghyun said. "I believe he will leave you safe and sound, Hyunnie.. Besides, your room still a bit too far from here.." He dragged her bride leaving them after that.

 

"Wh-" A dumbfounded Seo Joo Hyun sighed before stomping her feet in annoyed. What kind of harm could she get if she goes back alone? She knew this place like the back of her hand.

 

"Don't you think you could do something funny with no one's around, Mr. Jung.." She warned him who was walking beside her, matching her pace.

 

"Hey, now it was back to Mr. Jung again?"

 

"That's because you did something inappropriate to me earlier.."

 

"My thought exactly. How can we still be formal to each other when we did more than what formal acquaintance do? Besides it's mutual. You didn't even dodge.."

 

"I'm not in my right mind, but you were suppose to be in control.."

 

"Then tell me.." He stopped walking to face her. "How am I supposed to control myself when what I ever wanted was right in front of my face? That whenever you were in front of me, what I want to do just to kiss you senselessly until you beg my name for more.."

 

Seohyun looked down avoiding his gaze, "Don't try to confuse me.. You just felt the challenge but never really feel something for me.. ert.."

 

Yonghwa jaws drop, he was lost the words. He chuckled before shook his head, the desperation vivid in his eye. He might just give up in no time if it wasn’t her. He never even should have wooing a girl before, the thought to do that never come to his mind either. She changed many things of him without even trying or realizing.

 

Irony.

 

He felt a bit like a fool by her rejection, but it was understandable though because it felt surreal for him too. Everything happen so fast he couldn't catch up the pace of his heart anymore, they were just beating on their own by the presence of this woman. He concluded that she wasn’t ready to hear that yet, and he need the time to sort of his feelings too. Why with the rush then?

 

 

 

After a long silence Yonghwa finally crack the ice. "I wasn't believe in love.."

 

"So I've heard.." Jonghyun often told her about Yonghwa, a good friend who doesn't believe in love. He dates casually since many women threw themselves voluntary at him. He is really carefree but bored easily. Either he wasn’t ready to commit and just don't like the idea to be bind to someone, or he just doesn't met the one. Jonghyun always hope Yonghwa could find someone who can change his mind like Jonghyun with Yoona.

 

"At first I thought Jonghyun was crazy to marry that fast.." He chuckled, though she doesn't know where this conversation may lead but she keeps listening carefully. "I always thought marriage will make me trapped by routine, and I will be bored to death if I ever settle down. I swear I wouldn't want that.."

 

"That's why you live casually? Sleeping around with whomever-"

 

"That's why I date casually.. But never sleeping around, lady.. I won't lie I'm not a saint but I'm not sleeping with any girls with just because they were willing.. Woman always interest me but despite what shown on the skin layer, their personality never amazed me.. That's the reason I never proceed for more than a dinner date with them.. Just so you know, I never wooing a girl before, I don't even know how to do it right.. If my first impression to you offending, my apologies, lady. You just drive a man in me crazy and fool.."

 

"Why did you telling me this?"

 

"This is the only way to made you know me more than whatever perception you had.."

 

Seohyun wanted to protest but held herself. "What made you change your mind then?"

 

He locked his gaze at her, showing his sincerity inside. She held her breath for a second when her eyes met his. "I don't think I will ever get bored with you.."

 

"H-how could you be so sure?"

 

"I didn't.. My heart does.."

 

 

 

 

You can try to forget what happened..

But you can’t forget what you felt..

 

 

Seohyun wake up with headache in her head, not sure what made her that way since she was always taking care of herself really well. Maybe it was because she couldn't sleep well last night. She decided to just having breakfast in her own room. It's safer that way, she estimated the time of him to leave is around noon, so the path will be safe not long after.

 

She prepared herself to ride in the afternoon. The weather is perfect, considering the sun already covered with afternoon clouds. She decided to walks out of her room and forgets all the things happen yesterday and call it a day. She will never meet with Yonghwa anymore anyway.

 

The maid and guests who stayed over smiled at her when she passes by. Most of them are her family acquaintances, or just her parents and grandparents business partner. Seohyun knows some of them only, she was not well known since she wasn't on the same business path as them. She couldn't care less of that boring life at office and dealing with paper every day.

 

She walks passed the dining room and somehow her step halted by the silhouette she doesn't expect to be. It can't be, he was supposed to leave this morning, she thought. It must only be her mind teasing her because she can't stop thinking about yesterday event last night.

 

Her mother saw her and called her to come closer. It automatically made the guy beside her mother turn his head to her spot. There she saw it clearly, that dark hazel eye staring back at her with such playful glee, completely excited to see her surprise reaction as if knowing she was not expecting him to still be here by now.

 

She wants to blurt out of why he were still here but restraining herself, reminding herself to save it for later.

 

Seohyun couldn't ignore her mother's order, it could be impolite to do so, moreover if there's a guest involved. With a heavy step she walks closer, silently praying not to be awkward around him in front of her mother. It was something easy to do when you had something going on with the latter. Wait the minute; she must be crazy enough to think there's something going on between them after last night. It was clearly just a spur of a moment, a onetime thingy. And she needs to stop thinking about it especially when the subject of her mind debacle was sitting right next to where she was standing.

 

"Yes, mom?" Seohyun asked, expecting herself to sound curious to what she wanted to say.

 

"Come sit here, where were you all day? I heard you were asking for breakfast served in your room, are you feeling unwell or something?"

 

"I just had a slight headache this morning.. But I'm okay now.."  She answered.

 

"Maybe you were too tired last night, Seohyun, we all do at some occasion, right? After the hype is gone, the weariness follows." Yonghwa suddenly get inside the conversation. The tone he used could be mistaken as if he was truly care but the smug grin plastered in his lips told Seohyun he was just teasing her by mentioning about last night event.

 

"I guess you were right, Mr. Jung. Last night party is exhausting, it made me lose my sleep.." She said quickly with full sarcasm just to realize she was making mistake by announcing that she can't sleep well last night because of him. Now she can sense he will be cockier than earlier.

 

"Omo.. Why that formality, honey? I thought you were close enough after yesterday I saw you and Yonghwa dance at the party before suddenly missing together." Seohyun’s eye turns as big as a saucer after she heard what her mother said. She knew he following her would mean trouble. She was supposed to know that her mother was always aware of whatever happen in this house. The talent that made her always wonders.

 

"We didn't missing together, mom. We-did dancing together but after that I was just out looking for Dubu.. I guess I saw her walking around the grass and it could be dangerous for her if she get lost..haha.. I guess Mr. Jung was out at the same time as me last night, eh? What a coincidence.." Okay.. It's clear now, she wasn't a good liar. Lie always made her stutter and it always made the circumstances worsen. Who would have use a dog as an excuse? She needs to be smarter when she lie instead saying anything on her mind.

 

Seohyun could see from the corner of her eyes how Jung Yong Hwa tried hard to restrain his laugh. Did he was making fun of her? He should have helping her to clarify the situation. It was better not creating misunderstanding in front of her whole family if he doesn't want to be involved in trouble.

 

"Really? What a coincidence indeed.." Her mother used the same tone as when Seohyun was caught red handedly lying about her sister secret rendezvous with her boyfriend now husband at school.

 

"Actually last night I was just going out to catch some fresh air.." He couldn't be thankful enough for him not to say anything except the lie. ".. Before I accidentally met Seohyun and take her back to her room.."

 

Dammit, she should have known he would not satisfy without spilling anything at all. .

 

"How nice of you, Yonghwa. I'm glad you were really attentive to our family.. Jonghyun is lucky to have such friend as yours.. Come sit here, Seohyun-ah.."

 

Seohyun obliged and sit at the space beside Yonghwa, just now realizing what her mother and Yonghwa did before she came in the scene. The albums spread over the dining table which she recognizes as her family album portrait. Looking at her questioning gaze, her mother says, "Yonghwa and me just looking out old album.."

 

Her mother's giving her focus back to the album in her hand and suddenly chuckling. "See this one Yonghwa?" She pointed her finger to one of the portrait."This picture was taken when Seohyun’s 5th birthday, we held the party at the back garden. But Seohyun was a tomboy, she doesn't like to wear anything fancy back then.."

 

Yonghwa hear the story carefully, while occasionally nod and smile as if could related to the story. Seohyun closes her eyes, knowing there's no other way to escape from the upcoming embarrassment. ".. We were suppose to celebrate her birthday in the morning but she was missing.. We found her sleeping at one of the oak tree above her cake that noon. She was about to walked down the tree when suddenly slipped and fell down the cake. She got her first stitch that day.. What a naughty kid.."

 

"So you already got that nerve since kid, eh?" Yonghwa faced her which made her pout but somehow it made him smiled more. However she thought about it, it wasn't a pleasant memory for a young kid to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter