The Prologue

Love Happened
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Is this even real? Are you crazy?" Yonghwa asked, still can't believe his friend's decision today. Because really, married is the last thing they had in mind before. He thought they would stay like this, young and carefree.

 

Woman always come and go as fast as the fireworks burned in the sky. Once they flared beautifully in the sky, but the light faded as fast as the excitement growth.

 

So why bother tying yourself in something that could not last more than a mere second?

 

Jonghyun looked at him and chuckled watching his best friend looking at him in awe. He knew he would react like this once he told him his plan on marrying her.

 

"Is she pregnant?" Yonghwa asked bluntly.

 

Jonghyun laughed at that statement, and no, he didn't make her pregnant nor felt pressured to marrying her.

 

He was just.. In love. 

 

So how can you describe love to people who never even felt one in the first place?

 

"Look, I know it will shocked the hell out of you when you hear it.. That’s why I make you the first one to know.. And no, no I didn't make her pregnant, at least not yet.. I wish I could explain it better for you, but I can't.. It just happened-love happened. And I pray to God someday you will met with the right one, falling in love and suddenly you could related to how I feel right now.."

 

"Oh no, no more love preaching.." Yonghwa whined, holding the glass of wine in his hand and sip it fast. "Now tell me what the hell happen?"

 

Jonghyun chuckled. "Do you believe in love at first sight?"

 

"Nahh.. That hormones man.."

 

Jonghyun chuckled once again, knowing exactly how his friend is thinking. The Jung Yong Hwa never ever believed in love. He was the first date qualifying type. If the girl eat her peas the wrong way, she loses 5 points, if she can't use his fork and knife right, she is dead in the water, and God forbid them to bite their nails.

 

Its standard qualifications, man; Yonghwa always said.

 

What he doesn't know is love never needed any qualifications.. It just happened somehow, in a place and to someone you will never expect. And when you did, you just know that it's right. That love isn't something you could control. Jonghyun couldn’t wait to see his best friend to experience the same thing as he did.

 

"You didn't fell for Yoona at the first sight right?" There's a silence engulfed the room with Jonghyun smug face smirking widely made Yonghwa groaned annoyingly. "Damn, you are a lost cause man.."

 

 

 

 

 

 

So it happened now, 3 months later, the wedding of his best friend, something he couldn't even believe at first will happen in his friend's life. Yonghwa was already in his tux, walking across the lake admiring its beauty. He arrived last night from Seoul to attend Jonghyun's wedding in his hometown. In a mere 3 hours his bestfriend will get married to the girl he claimed to be in love with. Though he didn't believe in marriage and love but Jonghyun still asked him to be his best man.

 

The wedding preparation itself draining Jonghyun's body and even for Yonghwa who could only see it, it looked tiring. Thank God he never even wanted to walk on the same path as his best friend.

 

He took a deep breath once from the fresh air of the hills. It was refreshing, to be able to take a short break from the crowded city and his busy schedule to this small village in the suburban area.

 

The loud screeching made the ground bumping a bit and from behind him a girl screaming. "YAHHHH... YOUUU.. OUT OF THE WAYYY.."

 

A bit startled he moved away to his left quickly, a big fat brown horse passed through his body as fast as a lightning, all the way to the lake in front of him. The girl tumbled up and down above the horse and somehow lose her balance and fell on to the lake. The horse ran away back to the main house, he assume the horse will just go back to the stable before he gave his focus back to the girl. He saw how she struggled with the water, and instinctively ripped his jacket off and dive in.

 

The lake deep and murky, it took him a several seconds to find her. He grabbed her waist and dragged her to the shallow ground when suddenly she start wiggling and pushing him away. He kept his hand steady on her body, determine to get them to the save place first before letting her go.

 

"For God Sake, put me down.. Yahh.." She whined.

 

When her feet touched the ground, she stop whining and started brushing the water off from her body. "What do you think you're doing?" She mumbled and it took him a second to finally realize that he was getting scolded for doing a good deed.

 

"I'm saving you from drowning. You can't swim.." He finally said, his mind on defense mode.

 

"Of course I can swim.. I was just loosing my footing earlier.." Seohyun looked up at the man in front of him, knowing he was the same man she saw at the house with Jonghyun yesterday.

 

"Yeah right.. And definitely can ride a horse really well.." He deliberatly using sarcasm while rolling his eye annoyingly.

 

"Oh I can ride really well, too. Jackson just got a bit startled  by something earlier." She saw the questioning expression he gave and quickly explaining. "Jackson is the name of the horse anyway.. It's been a while since I'm coming back to town.. We used to be very close when he was a bit .. smaller.." She was blushing and he knew she wasn’t scolding him because she was angry at him. It was just.. something he couldn't explain. Was she embarrassed to get caught in that embarrassing moment?

 

The slight smile formed in his face, because despite of her messy wet hair, she was actually really pretty. Before he managed to ask further about her, she screamed. "Oh my Gosh.. You ruined your suit.." She finally realized, tuging his suit tightly, her face in horror.

 

His heart hammered in his chest, for only God knows why.

 

Yonghwa groaned, looking at her pleadingly. "Please say that I did rescue you.." That's the only way to mak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter