Chapter 80

Youngest of Pieces: World Invasion (12)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Manager Lee is lying down in the black sofa, lying on his stomach with his hand on the floor and mouth open on the seat as if he is going to drool. Hannah is covering as she is filming him in this situation, explaining to the camera that their flight from New York to London was long and they slept a lot, but her manager keeps sleeping.

“He can sleep,” she whispers when stepping away, turning the camera around to be filming herself instead. “It is Day 3 on the international book tour and as we now have landed in London – beautiful London – we are now … soon, going to the book signing. I just finished an interview, and they asked me what I think of London. London… is very rainy right now, but for me… I like it a lot. I love the rain so I don’t mind it. London is very … beautiful. It’s like every street is taken from a movie, it’s very nice here and England is probably the country where I love to bump into people. Necause people say ‘sorry dear’, ‘you alright love’ and those things. I love that. Unnie loves it too.”

She turns around with the camera to have Sung Hyo behind her, the stylist smiling at Hannah suddenly bringing her into it.

“Hannah should sleep,” Sung Hyo comments.

Hannah laughs. “I slept already. Unnie, you look very pretty right now.”

They are in the waiting room before the book signing, having done interviews, gotten hair and makeup done as well as changing clothes. Hannah is super tired from travelling; she is a bit weird from being tired which is why her stylist says she should be sleeping. At Hannah’s comment though, about Sung Hyo being pretty, her stylist prettily blinks over Hannah’s shoulder to the camera and they both laugh with wide mouths while trying to be quiet.

“I like your lipstick,” Hannah points out, watching Sung Hyo in the camera as her stylist laughs again with a grimace that says Hannah is acting weird. Hannah is laughing again, lowering her head at the reaction.

“You should really get some sleep,” Sung Hyo comments again, lightly pushing Hannah’s shoulder.

“Unnie, why aren’t you sleeping?” Hannah asks and holds up the camera above them. “I should use this as entertainment, filming us is the way for me to get past empty… time.”

“What?” Sung Hyo is grimacing behind her again.

Hannah is laughing. “I have no idea,” she is laughing and she just keeps laughing while Sung Hyo puts an arm around Hannah to try take control of the camera.

“Try to show your outfit,” she suggests.

“Unnie has dressed me warmly for London,” Hannah comments and they almost drop the camera when trying to lower it and it makes them almost scream, ending in laughter.

Sung Hyo takes the camera to film Hannah, telling the lady to get a grip. Hannah is wearing black jeans, a white cotton tee tugged inside, a cardigan and a jeans jacket, along with a long necklace. Sung Hyo films well, in the background slightly capturing Chae Hwan sorting out the makeup bag but the camera is focused on Hannah.

Putting down the camera on the table, still filming, Hannah stands over by Chae Hwan with her head up to get a touch on her makeup.

She has two book signings in a row, half an hour of rest in between where she steps backstage to eat and then there is almost two hours before the last book signing is happening. The long time in between is a chance to eat dinner and go to the bookstore the book signing will be at, but as they ate before, Hannah takes the chance to instead just step outside and communicate with all of the fans. She changes clothes first; ripped dark jeans, a black t-shirt tugged inside and a long dark grey cardigan with cosy pockets.

A bag hanging down her shoulder when first leaving the building is apparently in the way because one step out and Manager Lee quietly takes it from her, handing it to Sung Hyo as the two stylists head to the car while Hannah and the two managers along with a body guard are next to Hannah.

There is a lot of fans. Hannah is certain it is fans who recently have gotten to know her thanks to 5 Pieces’ rise in popularity, there is a lot of younger girls (teenage girls, that is) and it is not books they are holding out for her to sign; it’s 5P merchandises. It’s almost as if Hannah has come all this way to promote 5 Pieces a bit more after the tour, not her book release.

“Are you staying in London for long?” a fan asks.

“A picture please!” another calls out. There is a lot of fans just saying her name while Hannah is giving autographs and taking quick pictures. The same fan who asked if she is staying in London for long asks the question two times more before Hannah looks up at her face. She has heard her every time but has been busy communicating those closer to her.

“I’m leaving tomorrow. But what’s up with this weather everyone? It keeps raining whenever I come to Northern Europe.”

“It’s to cool us off from your heat!” someone calls out in the back and the fans are laughing more over Hannah’s shocked reaction rather than the answer.

“That’s so bad,” Hannah laughs at it though.

“Will you get any free time in London? Your stay is so short.”

“Hannah, you’re gorgeous!”

“Hannah!”

Hannah is smiling at the person who said something else than her name, leaning a bit closer when asking what the girl asked. The question about free time is repeated and Hannah nods her head.

“I’m not telling you what I’ll do though,” Hannah jokes and pokes at the girl before turning her focus to someone else, giving her autograph on a card game. She frowns at it and turns it around, seeing it is a Hannah card game. “Where did you get this?”

“I bought it in Myungdong,” the girl answers and Hannah is laughing as she looks at the pictures shown on the back.

“That’s amazing,” Hannah points out. “I didn’t know there were card games like these.”

“Hannah!”

“Sing for us! Hannah!”

The loud fans around are adorable, Hannah keeps smiling when taking pictures and she look up, seeing a fan somewhere in the back hold up her phone to get a picture and Hannah grimaces a bit for it. Someone asks why she won’t tell them what she is going to do during her free time. She grimaces again for that question.

“You’ve got other things to do than to go look for me, don’t you?” Hannah asks but there is a lot of fans suddenly screaming out that they don’t. Hannah takes a step back and dramatically answers; “Don’t lie to me!”

“Kiaaah!” someone screams brightly and Hannah laughs as she steps up to a young man to take a selfie with him. The questions keep being asked, all from what she is going to do on her free time, what the other ladies are doing, comments about how she looks, asked what she did to have her hair look so good, again requesting a song and so on.

“What song do you know?” Hannah suddenly asks before cutely taking another selfie.

“Any song!”

“5 Pieces!”

“Musketeer!”

“5 Pieces!!”

“Sing [1 of 1]!”

Someone suddenly shouts out ‘SHINee’ at the mention of [1 of 1], shocking Hannah a bit but she has to ask if anyone here is a k-pop fan. There is not a lot of them, surprising her the most as she thought most her fans would be k-pop fans, mostly because 5 Pieces is in the k-pop industry.

“Emelia is releasing her album soon,” Hannah points out for them while giving her autograph, quickly giving out three of them within a minute. She smiles when hearing them say they know, a lot more people saying they know about Emelia’s album than those who said they listen to k-pop.

“Did you feature in the album?” someone wonders.

Hannah smiles again. “You’ll have to wait until the album comes out. But check it out when it is out, will you? It’s a lot of great songs on it.”

Some fans are laughing while others comment that she is sweet, a fan right in front of Hannah saying she is promoting her friends’ works. Manager Lee mumbles behind her that they should get going.

“Go get some food now!” Hannah calls out at the crowd, “Enjoy the weekend everyone!”

“Sing for us!” someone calls out, jumping in the back.

Hannah is waving to them, stepping back but as she hears the call, she forms her hands around to try sing loudly a part of [Perfume 821], a really nice song from their international album. Though it is a song they haven’t promoted or performed outside their tour, a lot of the fans seem to know it. Those that hear what she sings follows up and Hannah is laughing when they continue a bit after she is done. She keeps waving before she gets inside the van, thanking them.

 

After the last book signing of the day, they head back to the hotel. It’s around ten o’clock when they get to the hotel, having spent some after-time going to a convenience store nearby and they stayed around outside the bookstore to do some fan-service. After being abroad for three days, it is the first chance to sleep in a hotel. First night they were on dinner with Jessie J and the producers, the second night they were on the flight, so this is the third night.

Hannah is sharing room with both Sung Hyo and Chae Hwan, having two large beds in the room. Sung Hyo gets her own bed, the result after playing a game in the van, while Hannah and Chae Hwan will share one. It’s basically just wash up and go to sleep, there is nothing else their bodies and minds need to do than to get a good night of sleep.

They sleep for ten hours straight. Hannah sleeps really hard, exhausted from these few days.

After being awake for two hours, she is sitting on her side of the bed and turns on the camera to film herself. She is looking like she is still asleep, her hair is done and her makeup is halfway finished.

“It’s almost noon,” Hannah tiredly says, “And we have to leave in … forty minutes. I want to sleep for another ten hours, it’s crazy.”

“You’re crazy.”

“Chae Hwan has gone crazy,” Hannah lowly says. “Are you tired too?”

Chae Hwan waves her hand for Hannah to come over but Hannah just grimaces at the camera.

“I need to finish getting ready but the bed is calling for me,” she comments.

“Unnie,” Chae Hwan whispers and waves her hand for Hannah to come over.

With another grimace, Hannah groans when getting up on her feet to take a seat by the table. She is still filming herself, being still for Chae Hwan to do her work. Sung Hyo has tiredly lied down under her duvet to get some sleep before they will leave.

“There is one more book signing to do in London and … uh, we will have some free time after that before we are going to Stockholm tonight.”

Her stylist repeats the way Hannah says ‘Stockholm’ to say it in a Korean way and Hannah starts smiling. Hannah lowly says it in a Korean way.

“Korean pronouncing on names are difficult,” she comments. “Korean in general is difficult.”

“Unnie has gotten a lot better though,” Chae Hwan kindly comments. Hannah smiles, mumbling out a ‘thank you’. “I wonder who has been teaching you.”

Chae Hwan actually steps back at her own words with a giggle, ready for Hannah’s reaction. She doesn’t get one though and smilingly steps back to continue. Just as she puts her hand near Hannah’s face to continue putting on her makeup, Hannah slightly pinches her on the leg and Chae Hwan steps back with a laugh.

“She doesn’t know what she is saying,” Hannah mumbles to the camera, showing a lack of reaction because she is still half-asleep and also because she didn’t want to accidently push her friend so the makeup got ruined. Hannah adds; “He said the same thing recently though; that my Korean has gotten better. People have been telling me that for some time now. I think I learned the most Korean when working on my books or when I have been acting.”

“Not because of him then?”

“Ya,” Hannah gives out a sigh, feeling helpless at Chae Hwan’s relaxed behaviour and their eyes meet; Chae Hwan is smiling widely while Hannah tries to look upset.

Hannah thinks she has gotten good at filming during the day. She isn’t good at finding angles, but she is at least filming a lot and that is what she thinks she has gotten good at. Just a year ago she needed someone to remind her of the camera they wanted her to use, while now she walks around with it in hand at every chance she gets. The book signing passes quickly, just as the afternoon in London where they do some shopping before going to the airport.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter