Chapter 08

Youngest of Pieces: World Invasion (12)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A small American Curls cat is sitting near the front door of the two-floor house. She is waiting, as she has been doing for days and weeks. A low meowing leaks out of her when she looks up on the door, it is heard when she looks inside the house too, but she stays sitting near the door. At this late (or early) hour there isn’t a lot going on in the house. Maria and Emelia came back a few hours ago, the cat named Tiger has been waiting eagerly by the door since. Now the house is as quiet as it has been every day for the past few weeks, as if no one is in it sleeping.

Noises outside the door lets Tiger get up on her paws, suddenly alert to listen to what is going on outside. When the door makes a noise she dashes off across the hall and over to the living-room, at the other end of the house. She doesn’t really hide as she is out in the open but she is keeping a distance great enough to run away in case it is someone she doesn’t know walking through the door.

The front door is opened and the only person that Tiger has been waiting weeks for to see steps inside. She isn’t alone so Tiger hesitates to move, but she knows who comes along inside and closes the door and once that happens, Tiger runs forward.

“Oh hi cutie!” Hannah whispers and squats down to pick Tiger up. “Woah, you’re softer than last time.”

“Come on,” Jonghyun whispers behind her. His hand on her back guides her inside the house, going past the first room to the right that is dark, they walk past the second room to where the door is slightly shut and Jonghyun guides her to the left, through the living-room and more to the left to the kitchen. Everything is dark but it’s nice, it’s nice, dark and quiet and Jonghyun puts his hands on Hannah’s shoulders for her to sit down by the kitchen table.

“Have you missed me?” Hannah whispers against Tiger’s fur, cuddling with her cat.

“Where do you have band aids?” Jonghyun asks her.

“Um… up there,” Hannah answers and points to the top cabinet next to the fridge.

“Is everyone sleeping?” Jonghyun wonders. He takes out the band aids to put it on the kitchen worktop before he takes the kitchen towel to put it under the water tap.

“Probably. It’s late and we’ve been tired the whole day,” Hannah answers. She breathes out, completely exhausted. She likes that Tiger is comfortable in her arms, lying perfectly between her s. It’s nice to be home. She is finally home.

Suddenly her knee starts to sting and she gives out a low cry. She had not seen him squat down in front of her to place the wet towel on her knee and the surprise makes him hold it away, staring at her.

“What? Did it hurt? I tried to be careful-”

“I’ll do it,” Hannah whines. It didn’t hurt she just wasn’t prepared for it. She reaches out for the towel but Jonghyun holds it away.

“Don’t be silly, I’ll do it,” he tells her.

“Jonghyun-”

“I said I’ll do it.” The look he gives her is like a warning, telling her to not be saying against him. She takes a deep breath and sits still as he cleans the scratch she got from the gravel earlier. It isn’t anything, really, but he said in the car that they have to take care of her knee. His hands are gentle, his eyes are focused, and Hannah watches him while she cuddles with Tiger.

“Are you staying?” she whispers.

Jonghyun glances up at her, only for a second, and before he answers she knows. “I can’t tonight,” he says. He finishes with her knee and puts the towel on the kitchen table when standing up. Hannah looks at him, seeing that he is tired but what is shown the most is traces of emotions from when he came earlier. He is pissed over what happened.

“Jonghyun,” Hannah breathes.

“You should go to bed,” Jonghyun sighs. He holds out his hand to her.

Hannah closes her eyes to hold back her tears, slowly starting to nod. She lets go of Tiger before she stands up, but she doesn’t take Jonghyun’s hand. She takes the towel from the table and brings the band aid as well to put it away.

“I can do that,” Jonghyun mentions but Hannah holds it away from him.

“You should go home, Jonghyun,” she whispers, “You should get some sleep.”

“Are you upset because I can’t stay?” he asks and follows next to her to the cabinet, watching her face-expression.

“No.”

“Hannah-” Jonghyun starts to say but stops when she stretches up to put away the band aid. He takes her wrist to lift it up, watching another scratch below her elbow. It’s strange she hasn’t felt this one because you can see blood have run several centimetres down her arm before drying. Hannah just sighs at the sight of it and puts the towel over the scratch.

She looks at Jonghyun right before he leans closer to her, his hand by her cheek to keep her face where he wants it and his lips touches hers for a kiss.

“Thank you,” Hannah whispers, feeling the tears start to roll down her cheeks so she puts her arms around him for a hug, sobbing against his neck. “Thank you for wanting to spend the rest of your life with me.”

“What?”

He sounds so shocked by her sudden words, he even tries to lean away from the hug to see her face but Hannah holds on to him a bit harder, not wanting to show just how much she is crying all of a sudden. Her fingers holds on to the back of his head, feeling his hair fall between her fingers, which is probably something she misses the most when being away.

“What did he say to you?” Jonghyun wonders, his arms warmly wraps around her. “What did he say for you to look like that?”

“Gosh, Jonghyun!” Maria’s voice suddenly makes them both jump and the kitchen lamp is . Hannah turns around to look at Maria standing by the kitchen entry in nothing but a blanket around her. At least she is covering herself, but she looks surprised. “What happened with your hand?”

Confused, Hannah looks at the hand Jonghyun moves to look at, seeing the tiny bruise from punching Honggi earlier.

“Oh…” is all he says, shaking the hand a bit before hiding it, glancing at Hannah.

“Lovely to see you both,” Maria then says, stepping inside the kitchen. “Hannah, did you buy me any snacks?”

Hannah shakes her head, turning away again to hide her face against Jonghyun’s chest.

“Are you two arguing or something…?” Maria asks, stopping by the kitchen table. “Or did you miss each other so much that you’re crying?”

“Neither,” Jonghyun answers, showing her his knuckles. “I punched Honggi.”

Eyebrows raises at him, glancing at Hannah who tries to wipe her tears from the leader. “You punched him?”

“Yes,” Jonghyun gives a nod.

“And… why did you do that?” Maria asks, holding on to the blanket around her tightly.

“Let’s talk about this later,” Hannah says and looks up at Jonghyun, “You need to sleep.”

“You need it more,” Jonghyun tells her.

“I need it too,” Maria tells herself before going for the fridge. “Nice to see you sticking closely together. And we’re having that talk, Hannah, first thing in the morning.”

Hannah nods while turning to the freezer. She takes out a small frozen chicken before taking Jonghyun’s hand to leave the kitchen. He is the one grimacing when she places the frozen chicken on his knuckles when following her to the bedroom closest to the hall. The bedroom looks just like when Hannah left it, just that her luggage from Los Angeles are standing in the middle of the room, meaning Hannah almost walks right into it as she turns around to look at him. It’s Jonghyun who stops her from falling over her own luggage and they laugh at it, dropping the frozen chicken on the floor. Jonghyun breaths on her ear when bringing her into his arms, kissing her cheek.

“I want to know what he said,” Jonghyun whispers against her cheek before looking into her eyes. He looks really troubled, more troubled now than before it seems like. Hannah’s eyelids are heavy from crying and wanting to sleep, she breathes him in with a pout. “I need to know, Hannah.”

“He just…” Hannah sighs. “He knew what words to say to make me react, that’s all.”

“He did more than that,” Jonghyun whispers, caressing her cheeks with his hands, “Hannah, you just thanked me for loving you. I need to know what he said, I- I need to.”

“Jonghyun,” Hannah whispers and puts her hands on his face. She is worried that he needs to know what Honggi said because he need to know why he is going to punch him again. “Don’t do anything stupid, please?”

“Tell me what he said,” he mumbles.

Hannah sighs, looking away from him but her hands are still on his face, feeling his cheekbones and moving her thumb over his lip. “Jonghyun… why did you propose to me?” she wonders while her hands travels down his neck to his chest, to try feel his heartbeat.

“You know why,” Jonghyun whispers.

“Tell me anyway.”

“You said you wanted to marry me,” Jonghyun answers. He kisses her forehead. “You finally said it and I thought it wouldn’t be a time better than now, when we both want to get married…”

She smiles as he reminds her of the reason, nodding even if she knows Jonghyun still wants her to tell him what Honggi said.

“Now tell me,” Jonghyun whispers, his hand on her cheek wants her to look up.

“He said you proposed to me to bind me down,” Hannah repeats what she had heard, “I think I know what it means-”

“Are you having second thoughts?” Jonghyun asks in a worried tone.

“Now here’s the thing,” Hannah forces out a smile, stepping away from him. She bites her lip when looking up at him, seeing the worry is just growing in his face because she didn’t answer his question. “I don’t know what that means. I had a great time tonight, it was fun. Then he had to bring it up, say I was making a mistake and he doesn’t want that. But that’s the thing, right? Right, um, that I don’t do regrets. I don’t want to regret things, Jonghyun.”

She bites her lip again when sitting down on her bed, staring up at Jonghyun. What did she just say? She frowns when wondering if anything that just came out of her made any sense. Jonghyun is his lips, he steps back to close the door behind him.

“So you are having second thoughts?” he slowly asks. Hannah tilts her head and Jonghyun closes his eyes; “Have you changed your mind?”

“No…” Hannah answers, but she hasn’t even said the word before her voice shakes. Is she having second thoughts?

Jonghyun takes a deep breath and puts his hand up in his hair. He takes another breath and puts his other hand in his hair too, staring at her. “Are you serious?” he asks in a weak voice.

Hannah shakes her head at him, she shakes her head more when seeing how sad he gets. Jonghyun turns away to sob, out of nowhere he hits the wall next to the door.

“Jonghyun,” Hannah lowly cries and gets up on her feet. This time she stumbles over her luggage, taking a hold of his arm to not fall and she regains her balance to stand between him and the wall. “No, I’m not, I’m not.”

“But you are,” Jonghyun groans. He takes a hold of her hair, his forehead is frowning as he looks at her and his eyes sting from tears wanting to come out. “You’re having second thoughts.”

“No,” Hannah whispers, shaking her head. “I love you.”

“But you don’t want to marry me,” Jonghyun states.

“It’s confusing that’s all,” Hannah whines to him, grabbing his t-shirt, “I… It’s just… I want to, I do. It’s just…”

“It’s just that you don’t.”

That painful look in his eyes and in his tone and in all of him when he says that takes the breath out of her in the worst way. She stares into his eyes, not wanting to be here anymore. No, she wants to be here, with him, more than anything, but she doesn’t want to be in this situation.

He lets go of her. “I have to go,” Jonghyun suddenly says.

Hannah leans against the wall, pressing herself against it actually, while thinking she should let him go. She should, maybe, let him go. Should she?

“Please don’t,” Hannah whispers, gliding to the side to cover the closed door. She shakes her head when looking up at him, tears fill her eyes. “Please don’t leave me.”

A tear traces down next to his nose, down to his lips and Jonghyun wipes it off with his arm.

“Please,” Hannah repeats behind her tears.

“You need to think, Hannah,” Jonghyun says, it sounds like he forces it out of him. “… You need time to think about this and that’s why … I’m going.”

He takes his hands on the door, glides it behind her to take a hold of the doorknob but Hannah puts her hand on his, panicking by the thought that he is leaving. She shakes her head, tears rolls down like a river down her cheeks and her mind is trying to find a sentence among all words she wants to tell him.

“I don’t need to think, I need you,” she almost stutters out in panic that he will leave like this. “I need… I need you to stay, Jonghyun, please, I can’t lose you again. I can’t handle that.” She pauses to stare at him, seeing him stare back at her. She whines and let go of the door to press her palms against his cheeks as if they could look more at each other, terrified she might say the wrong thing or let him leave. “Yes, I… I waver a bit, I always do, but when you asked me to marry you, I knew what I answered.”

“What if you regret it?”

“I won’t.”

“You just said-”

“I don’t care, Jonghyun!” she hisses, throwing down her hands, “I love you and I want to be with you. Why does it have to be that hard? I just came home and I have Honggi throwing hate at me, I don’t want that! I don’t- The only thing I know I want is you. And music. I don’t care about the rest.”

She breathes out when she has said it, she wipes the tears in his face.

“Please,” she begs, wiping his tears.

“Do you want to marry me?” Jonghyun asks. She can feel how he swallows. “Think it through, Hannah. If you don’t want to get married, I’m fine with that. But you have to tell me.”

“I want to marry you.”

“Do you really?” he asks her, red eyes looking at her, seeking the truth.

“I want to marry you,” Hannah answers. She pouts when showing him her left hand. “I’m not wearing this because it’s pretty, Jonghyun.”

He looks at the ring on her finger, the ring he gave to her.

“And I’m not giving it back to you,” she whispers, staring at him. At that his mouth twitches.

“I won’t take it back, ever,” he answers, biting his lip as he takes her hand in his, holding it up to watch the ring. “I didn’t know you were wearing it.”

“Flight and meeting; no reason not to wear it,” she answers. “Jonghyun, listen… I know what I want. I waeaver a lot-”

“Waver,” Jonghyun corrects, slightly smiling.

“I waver a lot,” Hannah repeats, taking a deep breath, “But I want you. That’s the only thing I know for sure. I want you, Jonghyun, for the rest of my life, and I don’t want my … wavering or whatever to ruin that. Not again. You are mine now and I am not-”

She is interrupted by his lips crashing against hers, his hands holds on to her head with fingers entangles in her hair and her ears hurting from the grip. It’s forceful and wet yet it speaks to her like no word on the planet can. Her legs become jelly and her heart beats through her whole body while it feels like her skin from top to toe starts to burn. It feels great. She pulls in his t-shirt as if she could bring him closer, the kiss gets sloppier as their breathing changes and her hand travels up to his neck. He’s burning against her skin and all she can think of is to get even closer to him. His lips leaves hers, dragging against her cheek.

“He knows that now,” Jonghyun murmurs against her skin. He leans his against her, his hand travels down her side and he breathes heavily to her. “He knows I’m yours and you’re mine and he can’t handle it.”

It takes a second before she realises he is talking about Honggi.

“Don’t bring him up now,” Hannah groans against the door.

Jonghyun nibbles on her cheek, maybe he is smiling. “I’m glad you didn’t let me go,” he whispers.

“Please stay,” Hannah whispers back to him. She want him to stay, to feel his kisses on her and to touch him and she puts her fingers in his hair to hold on to him.

He chuckles as his head lowers and Hannah leans her head back against the door when he breathes on her neck.

“I love you, Hannah,” he says and kisses her neck. “I love you so much.”

Hannah takes a grip of his hair with both her hands to pull his head back so she can kiss him. With her lips on his her grip of his hair loosens and Jonghyun’s tongue plays with hers. She wipes the traces of tears in his face, pulls her hands back over his hair and Jonghyun’s hands are felt all over her until she can feel the fabric of her shirt move up. She loves the sound he makes when leaning away, the heavy breathing and she looks at the way he bites his lip when lifting up her shirt. He pulls it off her before he removes his own and Hannah leans in to kiss his bare chest while he tosses both clothes on the desk chair.

“I can’t stay,” he points out, taking her hands into his to entwine their fingers.

Hannah looks up at him, hoping he can see how disappointed she is. Jonghyun smiles though, brings both her hands to his lips to take turn kissing her fingers while looking into her eyes.

“You have to get some sleep,” Jonghyun says.

“Everything’s okay between us then?” Hannah wonders. She is curious as to why he took off his t-shirt if he isn’t staying.

his lower lip and biting it, Jonghyun nods. “I got scared, just like you,” Jonghyun answers and puts her hands against his neck. “Call me if it is anything, okay?”

Hannah bites her lip too, wanting to bite his. She lets one hand glide down against his skin, her eyes follows her fist down to his stomach. Jonghyun breathes nervously and takes her hand in his again, chuckling for some reason.

“Anything, Hannah,” he repeats.

“Anything, Jonghyun,” Hannah answers. She sighs though, kissing the back of his hand. Jonghyun moves to put his hands on her face.

“Can I go?” he asks, looking worried. “Are you alright if I go?”

He has made it clear he can’t stay, yet he asks this. Hannah knows she can’t ask him to stay, only because he said he can’t. She didn’t let him go earlier because they would leave on wrong terms, but now … now it seems to be alright.

“Go,” Hannah mumbles when hearing he is about to say he can stay if she wants to.

A smile grows widely in his face at her tone. “I can stay if you want.”

“Text me when you reach home,” Hannah tells him, pouting but not wanting to seem upset. “You need to sleep too.”

“I’m not going until you’re in bed,” Jonghyun lets her know.

Hannah leans against the door with a new sigh, putting her hands on her jeans to them. “I can take my time,” she says in a low voice, her thumbs inside the hem of her jeans once they are ed.

Jonghyun’s smile only grows and he takes a step away from her.

“Alright,” he says, glancing behind him before he goes to take a seat at the end of the bed. “Take your time.”

She laughs at the dare he gives her and she stays by the door, laughing soundlessly at how he puts one leg over the other as if he is patiently waiting for her to go to bed so he can also go home and sleep. Wearing her bra and jeans, Hannah puts her hands on her hips to look at him.

“Are you going to sleep tonight?” Jonghyun teases her.

Hannah pulls off her jeans, kicking them to the side before she walks over to the wardrobe to bring out a big and old t-shirt she can wear. Putting the t-shirt on she takes off the bra underneath and the whole time Jonghyun is looking at her, his head tilted to the side.

She isn’t taking her time, it was easier to say it than do it. She walks around the luggage still standing at the centre of the room and puts her phone down on the bedside table before she takes off her socks and puts her knee on the bed so she can put her arms around Jonghyun and reach for his lips.

“You should go,” she mumbles against his lips before sitting up, tasting his saliva on her lips.

“I miss you already,” Jonghyun groans and grabs on to her collar so he can pull her back to a kiss. It sounds like he wants to stay.

“When can I see you next time?” Hannah asks. She leans over his shoulder, her arms around his neck from the side.

“Will you be at the agency all day?” Jonghyun wonders.

Hannah nods, kissing his cheek and her fingers touches his chin. “Less than two weeks left.”

“Same for me,” Jonghyun smiles.

He is having his solo concert the same weekend as the ladies, his is smaller and more intimate but it is his first solo concert. Hannah has already scheduled to visit his first concert, the day before she will be busy with 5 Pieces’ WORLD INVASION.

Jonghyun leans his head back to get a kiss. “I’ll call tomorrow,” he tells her.

Then he gets up on his feet, gets his t-shirt and Hannah sits tailor with her legs and a pout in her face as he puts it on.

“Sleep, Hannah,” Jonghyun nods at the bed.

“Text me when you reach home,” she pouts a bit more. They were a bit dramatic tonight.

Jonghyun makes a grimace before stepping up to her, cupping her face in his hands to kiss her. “Goodnight.”

++ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -+ - + - ++

Paws walking on top of her body wakes Hannah up in the late morning. At first she is confused with what is going on but when opening her eyes she sees a pair of adorable eyes to soft fur watching her and suddenly Hannah is smiling, stretching out in bed and feeling free. She is home.

She giggles when embracing Tiger and she groans when stretching out in the large bed; her bed, without Maria lying next to her and her room is dark without a sight of what weather it is outside. She loves it, she loves her room and she has missed it a lot.

“And I have missed you too,” she cutely says to Tiger.

It knocks on her bedroom’s door. “If I have to knock one more time I’ll come in, Hannah. Wake up.”

It’s Manager Lee. Hannah is smiling at Tiger, not bothered that it seems he has knocked more than once because she is just happy to hear his voice. She hasn’t seen him in over a month, her personal manager who has had a long vacation now; Manager Lee Ji Young, also known as the Handsome Manager by fans.

Hannah is out he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter