It's Not a Betrayal

The Next Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You didn’t come with Wonwoo? Where is he? Didn’t he run with you?”

This voice. Mingyu knows this voice as the memories of it are still fresh on his brain and his ear. He isn’t wrong, this is the man that shot a gun to them and chased them before. This is the man that did every bad thing to Wonwoo. This man is the one who makes Wonwoo suffer until he has that massive will to end his live.

“Don’t play stupid, isn’t you the one who catch him? Where is he?”

The man raises his head. An old man, maybe in his early 50, wrinkles are carved on his face skin. Freckles on his cheeks and nose. Silver that shading his black hair and sneaking outside from his hat. He puffed a smoke from his pipe, scanning the wolf that now standing in front of him.

“I don’t know where he is.”

“Give him back.” Mingyu growls.

“How to give him back when I don’t even have him? I don’t know where he is.”

“But I smell his scent here, don’t hide him!”

The old man laughs loudly, with tone of teasing and looking down at Mingyu. “Of course I have the same smell as him, I’m his brother anyway, not a real brother, just share same blood-line.”

"What do you mean?"

"Different mother. My father married again when I was 25, with a young woman, or we can say, Wonwoo's mother."

He walks slowly and approaching the wolf which in instinct increases his defense. Mingyu steps back step by step as the old man getting near to him, also step by step. He takes off his hat and let the moon lights his face and glowing his eyes more. And it turns out that his right eye is a silver one. He raises his hand as telling Mingyu to stop walks back. But of course a wolf knows which one is dangerous and which one is not.

“If you stop now, I’ll tell you everything about him, don’t you want it?”

“You can tell it from that distance though, you don’t have to come near me.” He won’t makes himself in danger since he knows this man is a threat. How come, a brother, even it’s not a really brother, caging Wonwoo since seven and makes him as an experiment material. Even planted something that Mingyu doesn’t really know what that is on his arm.

The old man chuckles while nodding a little before he starts to talk, “I love wolves. No, I need wolves. For my own wealth.” He put off his pipe, “and I use him as a human tracker. I had done experiments on him before, I want to transform him into a wolf or at least have the same scent as them but it failed, always failed. However, I don’t care anymore then I just let him walk by himself to this forest and if he had to die because your clans eat him, at least that chip has showed me his location.”

“What do you want from wolves?”

“Eternal life, what else? Your blood is a magic, who doesn’t want it? Everyone even betting in high price for that.”

“Why don’t you just use yourself to find wolves? Why you had to make Wonwoo suffer like that?”

“Oh, you are so care with him,” he grins, “I don’t want to sacrifice myself, I send him, he shows me the location, I attack your city, I get wolves, and he got killed later. That’s a simple.”

He speaks easily as he just told Mingyu that he had done something useful for this world. He is the real psycho for Mingyu. Didn’t he know that it makes Wonwoo suffering like crazy even until now? It makes him want to end his life quickly in his 20s when everyone thinks that age is a golden one to know the world further. When he screamed just by hearing a locking sound from the door, when he crawled even his feet got sprained because he has to open that and begging crazily. But he smiled to a delicious meal and laughed when he tried to tease someone. How the hell this guy didn’t notice that Wonwoo is a human too.

“He should die, since he betrayed me.” He slides his hand to his back waist and takes out a black medium gun then shows it off to Mingyu, “first he intentionally not going anywhere when it was day. He should know that the micro-chip I planted on him gets its energy from the sun, and will run out in the middle of the night. And second, he already warned the entire city about us, right?”

Mingyu furrows his eyebrows, warn the entire city? Wonwoo never get out from his bedroom and he didn’t ever come to the town. He only met Seokmin other than Mingyu and his brothers. “No, he didn’t.”

“Don’t lie, I didn’t found wolves there and it’s only like three or four of them. But they already prepared the trap and my servants said that they didn’t catch any. Who else other than him that told it? Tch. He is only an animal but act up like that, irritating.”

No one talk for more than minutes. Mingyu still focusing on his guard as he still arranging the chronologies to convince this old man that Wonwoo really didn’t do anything. But he brings a gun, that means he already planned everything. The old man still standing in his fine posture, he doesn’t really use his walking stick, it’s only an accessory for his appearance, Mingyu bets. With a greyish fabric that he takes out from his trouser pocket, he cleans the gun gently.

“I don’t want to treat you roughly, will you just give your blood to me?”

“How?”

“Well, you have to die for sure. But I don’t want to start a fight, you are the only wolf that I meet, return to home with an empty hand feels so wrong.”

Mingyu steps back a little, he knows that it will end up like this. He knows this forest very well than this old man, he can run anywhere but he has gun. He can shot even from afar, and Mingyu doesn’t know whether he is a great shooter or not. Once he takes a wrong action, he will lose his life. “I won’t.”

“I don’t want to shoot you, but, you ask for this.” He raises his gun, aiming it to Mingyu. But, other clicking sounds heard from behind. There are more than five people aiming their guns to Mingyu also, he is cornered without he realized, “I won’t care ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter