Your Riddles Caught Me

The Next Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mingyu is laying his body on his bed. It’s so dark there and moon light is seeking its way to shines his room even in dim. Mingyu didn’t come out from his room since this morning. He is just lazy to face his brothers. The one who always nagging and the other who always has that hungry eyes whenever he saw Wonwoo. They are being such a nuisance for always keeping his distance from Wonwoo, and Seungcheol’s word this morning is staying in himself.

Cursed boy? Mingyu even never knew what happened between him and this family. He never knew how his mom and dad like. He only has memories about the brothers and honestly saying, there are no such great moments with them. They will always say that Mingyu brought them a bad luck just because Mingyu was born from a human. Yes, his mom is a human, and his father is wolf.

“Mingyu are you there?” Wonwoo knocks the door.

Mingyu sighs as he hear that human voice, “I’m in, why?”

“Nothing, just… you didn’t come outside your room today, or going to my room too. Did something happen?”

The wolf exhales a heavy breathe. He stretches his body first before gets down from his bed and walks to the door. With a hand he pulls the door knob and meets his food standing in front of him. This boy is actually really beautiful to look at, but he seems like bearing something that hurts him more than anything.

“It’s night you know?” Mingyu starts to talk first.

“Ah yes, of course I know, why?”

“I’m in the maximum state of starving. Aren’t you scared?”

Wonwoo shakes his head before he chuckles. “Of course I don’t. You promised to not eat me until your birthday tomorrow, and more, you can’t.”

Mingyu stoned. It's the first time he sees Wonwoo chuckles and smiles like this. It reminds him of this morning, and deep in his heart he has this desire to see it clearly. There are many other wolves that more beautiful than this boy but Mingyu never met one that moves his heart like this.

"Do you hate moon too?" Mingyu asks.

"No, not really. Why?" Wonwoo shakes his head.

"Can we go outside now?"

"Isn't it dangerous for me since there will be many wolves is hunting for their food?"

"No, we go to the roof."

Mingyu grabs Wonwoo's hand and drag him crossing his room. He walks toward the big window and opens it. "Can you climb?" Mingyu asks. and Wonwoo responses it with a quick shake from his head. The taller ask Wonwoo to hop on his back, just like yesterday. It's so strange that Wonwoo now doesn't need to think hard before he wraps his hand around Mingyu's neck again. It becomes a habit? Honestly, he misses this.

Mingyu step outside the window and starts climbing on the wall. It made from bricks that makes it easier to climb. And of course, it's night. Mingyu has his nails longer and sharper than days, and his ears are more pointed too. Wonwoo wonders, why does Mingyu has different form on the day and the night. He remembers that Jun is as pale as the first time he met. His ears are pointed just like wolf and his cold hand is just something that human won't ever have. Well, he still doesn’t know that Mingyu is actually a half wolf and a half human.

They reached the top of the roof, it has a flat side so they can sit without worry. Wonwoo gets off slowly from Mingyu's back and stunned to see the world up here.

It's really great to see, and Wonwoo never found a view as amazing as this before. Who knows the world is more beautiful when you see it on a wolves city. The moon is really big and seems so close to them, it nearly in its perfect shape. Fogs are covering the entire forest and makes Wonwoo feels like he is upon the clouds. This small palace located a little far from the center of the town, and from what Wonwoo see, this is the only huge building around. The other houses are just like a medium hut and ordinary.

Growling and roaring sounds heard from here and there, wolves are on their hunting time now.

"I'm hungry," Mingyu breaks the ice, "Can I go for a moment? I need to find something to eat."

Wonwoo nods, "make it quick, or others might eat me when you aren't here."

Mingyu snorts. No one dares to fight him here, but whatever, he just has to go fast and find food, eat it right away, then come back. Mingyu jumps directly to the ground and the time he lands, he has change to a wolf with blue furs, then runs fast into the woods. Wonwoo just looking from up there, waiting Mingyu to comeback.

It has been an half hour already and Mingyu there’s still no sign from Mingyu. Wonwoo doesn't mind to wait for him here, he can clearly watching the clouds that running around the moon. Hides it and then reveals it back. He likes to see that kind of dumb thing for several person, but it's so mesmerizing.

"Do you hate the moon?"

Wonwoo recalls Mingyu's question before. Hate it? Wonwoo didn’t lie to say that. Not really, yeah, he likes it yet hates it too. He loves moon. He prefers moon than the sun just now. He used to hate this, he hate moon the most in his life before. But for now, he just wishing that moon will always here, and sun doesn't go up.

A cracking sound heard from behind, Wonwoo turns his head and find Mingyu already stands on the roof. He is wiping his mouth. No, after Wonwoo sees closer, Mingyu is the left blood on his fingers and his lips. He must be ate a great one since the blood are covering half of his right hand.

Wonwoo stoned to see this state. He never saw Mingyu like this before. It's his first time to see Mingyu represents a wild animal and acts like a beast. His eyes stare are sharper than usual, it resembles wolf so much. His fangs exposed everytime he opens his mouth and lets out his tongue to his fingers. But still, he produces an intense aura. Scary but still a stu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter