The Scents

The Next Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mingyu, let's talk."

It's next day afternoon when Seungcheol grabs Mingyu arm and drags him to the living room. Mingyu just came back from outside. He met Seokmin for paying his promise the other day. Wonwoo is still in his bedroom, and as before he refused to face the sun.

"What now?"

"Leave him." as usual Seungcheol just talk straightly to the point.

"How many time I said that I don't want?"

"I seriously am order you to leave him. This is for your own sake."

Mingyu scratch his head in frustrate, "I am done with your game, really, I found a human and I'll eat him on in the middle of the night today, isn't that what you always said to me? Now am I wrong again?"

"Didn't I say you can't go near them too before you reach 20?" Seungcheol raises his voice.

"Oh, so how can I find a human and eat them while the moon is still up there? You said human hates night, they won't out at that time right? How?"

"Why are you so salty you even don't understand what happen, just follow my words can you?!"

"It's because I don't understand what the hell happen that's why I don't know which is wrong and which is not!!"

Jun appears from nowhere and push these quarreling boys to have their distance. Mingyu doesn't have enough strength to fight against Seungcheol, Jun should prevent them to not end up biting each other.  Seungcheol clears his throat as he gets so emotional just now. They still linked their gaze and sending hatred to each other.

"He doesn't listen to me, I should just do what I said last night." Seungcheol speaks to Jun but his eyes are aiming the youngest.

"I said that's not a good idea--"

The oldest rapidly runs to the hallway, heading to upstairs in his very fast speed. Mingyu hasn't grasped the situation for a moment then he frantically runs to approach the oldest. He sure will going to Wonwoo’s room. Mingyu scared that he will eat him, no, he won't let it happen.

Jun is following him behind. He seems want to have a neutral position. He isn't on Seungcheol's side nor Mingyu. Just playing his own role in the middle of them, watching them and separate them when they start to fight.

Mingyu just reached the second level and discovers that Wonwoo's bedroom is widely open. He runs and entering that empty bedroom with an opened window. Seungcheol brings him out when the sun still shines. He doesn't know that Wonwoo hates the sun, he doesn't know anything about Wonwoo, but he acts like everything is fine if it's his order. The taller jumps from the opened window and sniffing Wonwoo's scent to follow their way. He runs and runs with his feet and hands. The sun shines so bright today even it’s nearly evening. Just like teasing him to give up already.

He heard Wonwoo's screams and know that he is getting closer to them. If Seungcheol dares to bite him and eat him, Mingyu doesn't care about what might happen between them. No more brother link or what. If he kills him, Mingyu shall kill him back.

He finally found them. Wonwoo is struggling himself to escape. He puts his right hand on his left arm that pulled by Seungcheol instead covering his eyes from the sun.

"Stop there! Don't force him more." Mingyu shouts together with the stop from Seungcheol's legs. He turns back but still keeping Wonwoo on his grip.

"See this Seungcheol? As I said we are late already."

Mingyu furrows his eyebrows, "late for what?"

"Then we should really separate them." Seungcheol's voice gets more serious. He grabs Wonwoo's right arm and pulls it too. And the latter struggle more because of that, because he can’t covers his left arm again. But he can't win, Seungcheol has more strength anyway.

"No! Let go of me! Please! I can’t let this place exposed!"

"I won't before I bring you further."

Wonwoo's face seems so desperate. The place on his left arm that he covers before has red marks as he grabbed it strongly. He twists their hand again and again to release the grip. And in the end he decides to kick Seungcheol's abdomen with his knee. The sudden attack makes Seungcheol releases him.

Wonwoo straightly running fast into the woods without waiting for Mingyu or even talk to him. He is running really fast as his boy starts fading to the evening fogs. Mingyu wants to reach him but Seungcheol managed to pins him to the ground.

"What are you doing?! I need to follow him!

"I won’t let you meet him again!" Seungcheol shouts.

"I dont understand you guys! I never understand you! You never tell me what happened I don’t even know what curse that you guys always talked about! You never include me whenever you discuss everything! Now I have someone to talk to without being a rival, without that -stare you guys usually gave to me, and I care about him so much! Why you still doesn't tell me everything and just steal everything away from me?!"

"Seungcheol let him." Jun orders.

"What?! No! I don't want to!"

"Can you just admit that we are late already? He has been linked to that Wonwoo guy just let him be."

The oldest zips his mouth as his eyes goes shaking. This can't be happen and how the hell he can missed this, it's only two days and they have linked this strong as what Jun said? He pierces a glare to the youngest below him who is struggling really hard but his eyes never moved from the direction that Wonwoo goes.

", whatever you wanna do just do," he loosens his grip and falls to the ground in give up. He may fails but there's still time. The second approaches Seungcheol and just standing still without rushing to catch Mingyu who is now already running rapidly to the exact direction as his prey. Wonwoo's scent is still left and if Mingyu runs fast enough he can catch him.

"Just let's see what will happen," Jun helps seuncheol to stand, "he said he will eat him tonight, he promised him."

"How can he eat someone that precious to him now,"

Jun sighs, he pats the oldest shoulder, “What father said is true, we can’t let him meet any human or he will love them.”
 

--

The sun has replaced by moon and the woods are getting darker now. Strips of white ray are paling the trees and its leaves. Crows jumping from branch to branch and don't even give a single help, flying and swings straight to the ground every time they found their food. Growling sounds start humming from the entire side makes Mingyu more panic in his panting breathe looking for Wonwoo. He doesn’t know how long it takes already. The moon is high already.

Suddenly he can't smell Wonwoo's scent anymore, more exact, he gets confused. His scents are spreading in an unorganized way as he just running around this area without even know where he should go. Mingyu must find him no matter how many times he should run in circle and smells the right scent to the right way. He stops and controlling his breathe before he focused on his nose and smells deeply to scans the latter way. He turns slowly and turns again until the third time he finally opens his eyes and runs with four legs, two hand and two legs for exact.

He runs to the west for a minute he finds what he is looking for. Wonwoo is hiding behind a big tree in the middle of this forest. The grip on his left arm isn’t change from the time he started to run off. He pants as he just sitting and leaning. Its roots are swirling and big as he can use it for his seating. Mingyu can’t see well what he is doing but he for sure can read from the latter’s body that he is scared. More than just a usual scared. The taller attempts to approaches him slowly. He wasn’t sure what Wonwoo feels right now he can’t take a rushing decision. But he must bring him back, the night is coming and at this midnight, he should eat Wonwoo, soon.

"Wonwoo?" he calls.

Wonwoo turns and stuttering, "Why are you here?!" Wonwoo suddenly shouts, his voice is echoing, "you should go back to your home!"

"How can I back to my home? Don't you realize you are in this opened place and wolves might hunt you?! Let's go back."

"No. I don't want. I better hunted by wolves. There is something more evil than wolves or beasts. They might hunt you too, please go back."

"And leave you alone? You promised me that I can eat you this midnight!"

"If I go back there I will only bring a chaos. Your city might be in danger now! Please go before it's too late. I don't want you die, there will be many humans after this. I'm sorry I can't k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter