Puzzles That Puzzled

The Next Vow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sun’s ray hurts Wonwoo’s eyes. It signed that morning has come already. Birds chirping playfully outside, he takes it as his new alarm. The morning atmosphere feels so different compared to the night. He feels the morning breeze as soon as he gets up. He walks to the window and opens it widely so he can feel it more. He amazed by the view outside. It was night before so he can’t see anything around clearly. But now it’s not a scary forest again, there is a little waterfall ahead with so many flowers and trees surrounded. He can see deer, and other animals. The skies are so bluish with a paint of white clouds. It’s amazing beside it’s the first time he sees something like this.

“Are you wake up?” a voice startled him and bring him back to his sense.

“Ah, Mingyu, uhh—good morning!”

“It’s been awhile since the last time I heard someone greet like that. I and my brothers never did that anymore,” Mingyu giggles, he lets his canines exposed. Wonwoo just realized it now that Mingyu has attractive canines. He didn’t give a full attention before. Or is it maybe because it’s day so his appearance is more human-like than last night? His eyes, and ears are a bit different too, “Come out, I’ve prepared a breakfast. Anyway, you haven’t realized it yet?”

Wonwoo tilts his head, “What do you talking about?”

“You can walk already. Tch, are you this ignorant?”

Wonwoo just realized that he can walk normally, the swollen ankle are gone and doesn’t hurt anymore. The scars on his body are also gone in a night. His jaw drops and he can find the reason that makes sense to explain this.

“Cool! This is amazing all of my pains are gone! Is it because the leaves last night?”

“You can say so. Let’s go, we have to eat.”

Mingyu placed a plate with a well-done meat and eggs. Soup is placed beside it in a bowl. From the appearance of the food, Wonwoo can tell that Mingyu is a good cooker. The smell of the meat and soup tickles Wonwoo’s nose and knocking his stomach. He takes the spoon and starts to eat it. When the meat cut into half, there’s a juicy thing runs down and makes it more delicious to see. Wonwoo cut it again to a smaller shape and enters it to his mouth. He closes his eyes and feels the taste with every bud on his tongue. He curves a smile signs that it’s too good to be true. The meat isn’t hard, it’s so soft and juicy as he can chew it easily. Mingyu smiles to see his reaction and holds his laugh.

“This is amazing! I can eat this every day! This is good! You cook this by yourself? It’s not a boar meat right?” Wonwoo speaks with his mouth still full with meat.

“No, no, it’s a deer. None of my brother can cook and they didn’t usually eat cooked food like this.”

Wonwoo sips a glass of water, “So you eat meals like this too?”

“Sometimes when I want to.” Mingyu keeps his eyes on a happy Wonwoo and giggles again. “is this the expression of someone who asked for a death last night?”

Wonwoo chokes. He starts to coughing and desperately looking for his glass to drink its water. He gulps it without a stop. He still coughing a little but trying to faces Mingyu with his teary eyes. Wonwoo finds Mingyu teasing him with his smile. “Death and hungry is different.” He said while his ears start getting red.

“You can die because of starving too, why don’t you just let your stomach empty?”

“It’s too hurt and too long to wait, ew, and more,” he hopped a slice of meat to his mouth again “you can’t taste human flesh soon on your birthday later.”

Mingyu stops laughing as he remembers his desire to taste that. He gazes to Wonwoo as a wild animal hunt its prey. He can’t wait to taste his flesh and blood. He can’t wait to taste the entire him.

“Anyway Mingyu, when your birthday is?”

“Two days from now. On a full moon night.” Mingyu takes one of the meat slices on Wonwoo’s plate and eat it. He doesn’t notice that Wonwoo slows his munch and wanders his eyes around.

Jun is entering the dining room also. He looks to those two boys raging the meats on a small plate without even touching the soup. He just slowly approaches them before he stops his steps right behind Wonwoo. Wonwoo jolts as a cold hand is touching his shoulder and he shivers when a sniff is right on his neck. “I can’t doubt it, even his scents are tasty enough.” Jun murmurs deeply.

“Hey I told you to not touch him.” The younger pulls Wonwoo closer to him.

“Just a bite or even a is ok you know.”

“Hell, I won’t ever give it.”

Jun walks to take a drink on their kitchen counter while laughing hard as he succeeded to tease his younger brother. He actually just wants to make sure Mingyu didn’t bite him last night. Mingyu can’t taste human flesh yet, he should have understood about it already. Jun should watch him closely or Mingyu will be in a big trouble. Having a human around him is a mistake, now he has to prevent him from tasting it too soon, “Don’t ever taste his blood before you turn twenty.”

Mingyu snorts. He told him that he understands it already. They would say it every day like a routine. Every meal times, or whenever they bumped to each other. Seems like they are close enough as brothers but no one knows they have a large gap between, even Mingyu doesn’t know how to go through it.

The blue haired wolf releases his grip on Wonwoo’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter