006

Blast from the Past

>3 years later>

🚹🚹🚹

 

The dance line was practicing for their special stage on Inkigayo while the vocal line was practicing for theirs.

 

“Hey did you hear about those trainees are going to debut next month? They came in a couple days ago and are from the States.” Woozi took a gulp of water.

 

“Yeah! I heard they ranged from California to New York.” SeungGwan noted and at the mention of NY, Vernon pumped his fist up in pride.

 

“I’ll be right back guys.” I said and got up to leave the room.

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

When Joshua left the room, the group sighed.

 

“He really misses her.” Jun slumped in his seat.

 

“Well it was his best friend. And it's not like calls are the easy to do.” S.Coup mentioned.

 

Living in two different time zones would be hard for anyone.

 

Outside, Joshua sighed.

He knew that you were ok but it had been years since he had seen you.

And call him cheesy but he wanted to hug you plenty of times through those years, like when they’d won shows or competitions. Or… just because…

 

And in that moment he swore he heard your voice.

He looked around but didn't see anyone else but him in the hallway, so he walked further down a bit.

 

“Oh thank you so much for this opportunity!” The girl bowed deeply and he could imagine she was smiling widely. The older man nodded and walked off.

 

“Yes!” She cheered to herself and when she turned around, both of their faces were in shock.

 

“C-Cal-” he pointed at her.

 

8NkJZ5Ch2ufqaBsA0e7as10kgTVlgp_OvGtnwpsesir0kt4SfV5Vm6yr2aDVwSq_4h4RaTIsbiaX7SHbgGXdR8l3OW1pzZaIDskK4HYxpcgYun8zros4Bzngr1FscL45eNFkUDhm

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/87/c4/59/87c4598f661d2357d5cc99bc573cee32.gif

 

“Aahh… haha hey~” she waved.

 

“Really? I don't see you for years and all you say is ‘hey’?” He scolded.

 

“Give me a break.” She scoffed. “And to think I was going to give you a hug…” KiHae proceeded to walk past him.

 

He grabbed her and pulled her in for a bone crushing hug. “Please don't… don't pass me like that.” He sighed.

 

“Alright I’m sorry.” She hugged him around the waist with a smile.

 

“Wait but seriously what are you doing here?” He asked when he pulled a bit away. “Wait you’re not debut-”

 

“Oh god no!” She stopped him. “You of all people know how bad I am at performing.” She shook her head. “I’m a new songwriter.” She smiled. “Actually for that new group that's debuting.”

 

“That's amazing! But how-”

 

“A scout was in New York. And stopped in my class. Go figure.” She shrugged.

 

“KiHae noona?!?” She heard a call.

 

“Oh no.” Joshua groaned.

 

KiHae chuckled. “It was bound to happen sometime.”

 

She was crushed with a group hug and many familiar faces came into view.

 

“Hey guys~” she chuckled.

 

The next hour was catching up and promising that she’d wrote songs for them in the future.

They soon were called back to practice.

 

“Let’s leave together.” Joshua told KiHae before leaving with his bandmates.

 

She laughed. “You sound like a highschooler.”

 

“Please?”

 

“Ok. Fine.”

 

It was very much dark when SEVENTEEN was done practicing and, as promised, KiHye waited for them.

 

“You could've come in.” Joshua stood in front of her as she sat in a cross legged position.

 

“It’s ok. I was writing anyways.” She got up and dusted her pants.

 

“Ooh new song?”

 

“Idea, not exactly a new song yet. So why’d you want me to wait?”

 

“So I could walk you home.”

 

“But you don't know where I live.”

 

“And that’s why I’m walking you there.” He smiled back cheekily and took her hand.

 

She shook her head. “Ok then this way.”

 

The conversation to her dorm was all over the place.

From what she learned in Juilliard to why he styled his hair the way he did in their recent MV.

 

“I didn't have a choice!” He defended.

 

“So you’re ok with going out looking like a clown?” She played with his now dark red locks.

 

“Please, you love it.” He scoffed.

 

“Believe what you will.” She giggled. “But it was a great song. Hearing the ballad on your album made me rethink coming. I don't think I can do anything like that.” She shook her head.

 

“Ok stop. Do we need to have the same conversation from almost 10 years ago, but in reverse?” He joked. “The first song I heard you compose was probably the best that I’ve heard.”

 

“Which was?” She thought she never sent him any of her songs.

 

“Broken Hearts Heal.”

 

“Ohh that one.” She nodded. “Your dongsaeng helped on that quite a bit.”

 

“Which I am jealous about I’ll admit, but really. The melody was fun, the lyrics made me reminded me of back in the day. It was a great song.”

 

“Thanks Joshua. Means a lot coming from you.” She smiled.

 

“Anytime.” He brought her close and kissed the top of her head.

 

And soon they were at the front door.

 

“You live closer than I expected.”

 

“Well this is temporary. Since they moved me before I could find a place to live.” She sighed.

 

“Just stay here. It’s easier than commuting.” Joshua nodded.

 

“True. Well then I should bid you goodnight then.” She smiled to him.


“Sleep well Cali. I’ll be looking for that song tomorrow.” He eyed her before she closed the door.