001

Blast from the Past

“Joshua!”

 

I heard my name being called but it wasn't anything normal. Fans tend to shout their bias’ name at concerts and stuff.

 

But this one sounded different.

 

“Joshua!”

 

I could hear the feminine voice, but with hundreds of screaming fans, how would I be able to know which one it was?

 


 

🚹🚹🚹

 

The whole week went by and I couldn't help but feel bad for not finding the girl calling my name.

 

“Don't beat yourself up, hyung.” Woozi sat next to me on the couch. “We miss fans all the time.”

 

“That’s just it though,” I looked at him. “It wasn't just a fan.”

 

🚺🚺🚺

 

It was nice to see him again. He always said he wanted to make it big, but I didn't think he’d be a kpop idol.

 

I was surprised when his parents remembered me. They remembered that I was his best friend and forgetting me would be like forgetting a daughter.

 

“Did you see him?” His mom asked me with excitement.

 

She wanted to catch up after the fan meet so we met at a nearby cafe.

 

“Uhm yeah I saw him.”

 

“Well I know you saw him. It was his concert after all.” She smiled. “But did you see him?”

 

I shook my head. “I couldn't. You have to remember auntie: he’s famous. I can't exactly just say ‘Oh I’m Joshua’s best friend from the States! Can I see him?’” I joked.

 

“Well even still. Your voice alone should've caught his attention.” She pouted sadly.

 

I didn't want to mention it but he seemed to be looking for someone or something after I called his name.

I brushed it off since it could've been a coincidence.

 

“Oh well. Maybe he’s forgotten me.” I shrugged.

 

I truly didn't mind either.

He’s got so much on his plate already.

 

“Oh honey don't say that!” She smacked my arm, which I brought back to rub soothingly. “You guys were friends - no best friends - for years! He couldn't possibly forget you.”

 

I laughed, but silently agreed.

 

🚹🚹🚹

 

I was at a dance practice when I was told I got a call from my mother.

I couldn't be excused for her call so I called back the next day.

 

📞

 

Hi honey.

 

I could hear her smiling. It had been hard to get in contact with anyone with our comebacks.

 

Hey mom what’s up?

 

Do you remember Jung KiHae?

 

Her?

 

My schoolmate from the States?

 

I heard her scoff to herself.

 

She was your best friend and don't try to deny it!

 

Ok mom what about her?

 

I chuckled.

 

She came by a few weeks ago and I got to talk to her. I also got her to see your show at the time.

 

A few weeks ago?

 

I blinked a couple times.

 

O-oh really? How long was she staying?

 

She’ll be leaving this weekend. But I wanted you two to say hello. It's been so long after all.

 

Well mom you know I would if I had the time, but I’m pretty busy with my group right now.

 

I looked down dejectedly.

I heard her sigh lightly.

 

Well I can't say I tried. Anyways that's all I wanted to tell you. Hope you’re keeping yourself healthy.

 

I am mom. I’ll talk to you later.

 

📞

 

We bid goodbye and I was left in a daze.

 

Was KiHae there? The KiHae?

 

“Hyung do we have scheduled tomorrow?” I called for out manager.

 

“Nothing that I know of.” He shook his head.

 

“Can I go visit my parents?”

 

He shrugged. “I don't see why not.”

 

⏳⏳⏳

 

Tomorrow couldn't come soon enough.

 

As soon as I could I was off to visit my parents.

As a rule they always had breakfast at 8:30 a.m. no matter what, so I came at 8:20 to surprise them.

 

I rang the doorbell.

Waited.

I was about to ring again but a voice stopped my hand.

 

“Coming!” My mother’s voice called.

 

I smiled at the the thought of her expression.

 

“He- Joshua?” She looked shocked. “What- how-”

 

“Surprise~” I cooed and gave her a hug.

 

“Well come in! Breakfast will be done in a moment.” Mom quickly brought me to the living room.

 

“I’ll call you when-”

 

“Auntie who was at the door?” A light, feminine and familiar voice echoed from the hallway to where me and mom stood.

 

My mother and I turned my head to the voice.

My eyes widened at the sight.

 

Jung KiHae.

It really is you.

 

Granted she look more mature since the last time I saw you but we were kids then.

 

“Hey Joshua.” She waved with a smile.


“Hey KiHae.”