Epilogue: 007

Blast from the Past

🚺🚺🚺

 

I was leaving the studio when I remembered that SEVENTEEN was at MCountdown. I quickly looked at my watch and realized it wasn't over yet and booked it to my room.

 

I was almost like Taz, I moved so fast haha. As soon as I was in my room, I grabbed the remote and the TV to the channel.

 

“Seventeen versus Jung Seung Hwan! Let’s reveal the result!” Key announced.

 

I sighed in relief knowing I just made it.

 

I’ll make sure to watch their performance online later. I promised myself.

 

I wrapped my arms tighter around the throw pillow that was once beside me. I was so nervous for them, but I knew this comeback would win awards.   

 

“The winner is…”

 

I held my breath.

 

“SEVENTEEN! Congratulations!”

 

I jumped off the couch and cheered like a madman. They totally deserved this award! I plopped down on the sofa with a happy sigh.

 

I reached for my phone which, unfortunately for my short-armed-ness, was farther than my reach. I rolled my eyes with an irritated puff of air and grabbed my phone after slightly inching forward.

 

After turning it on, I clicked a messaging app to send my congrats to the winning group.

 

📲

 

Saw your win on MCountdown! Congrats! And tell Seungkwan not to cry anymore :’) cuz im sure he is

 

📲

 

I didn't expect an immediate response since they were probably in their dressing rooms getting ready to leave. So I just waited until They got to the company building to celebrate.

 

🚹🚹🚹

 

“I’m so happy we won.” SeungKwan smiled to his tears.

 

We all sighed in happiness as we got to the dressing room.

 

I immediately checked my phone to see if… anyone had messaged.

 

“Hyung, noona probably didn't have time to see the show.” Dino said.

 

“Why do you assume I’m expecting a message from KiHae?” I asked.

 

He chuckled. “Hehe I never said you were talking about KiHae noona. Why would you say her name specifically?” He smirked.

 

“This kid…” I wanted to hit him but he was across the room.

 

I looked back at my phone and saw one missed message.

 

“Ooh noona did text him!” Woozi looked at Dino. They fist bumped.

 

I smiled after reading her text. I wanted to respond but one of the coordi noonas wanted to get the makeup off my face so we could leave.

 

“KiHae did message,” I retorted sassily to the two members, “and SeungKwan, she said to stop crying.” I grinned.

 

SeungKwan smiled. “She knows me so well.” He looked at the award with still glittering eyes.

 

I couldn't believe it either. Like Jeonghan hyung mentioned earlier, this was our first MCountdown win. It was surreal.

 

⏳⏳⏳

 

We got back to the company building to throw a mini congratulatory dinner.

We had chicken, and pizza, and plenty of other foods that I hadn't had in awhile.

 

A knock was at the door and we all looked at each other. No one should have requested the dance room at this hour.

 

Manager hyung went to check and nodded before letting the person in.

 

“Hey guys! Congratulations!” KiHae smiled with arms up over her head in excitement.

 

“Noona!” All the younger members got up to greet her with hugs.

 

“I can't believe you knew I was still crying after the show noona.” SeungKwan blushed.

 

“Aww it’s ok. You’re just one of the more emotional members that's all.” She smiled patting his arm.

 

“Joshua hyung was waiting for you message noona.” Dino said lowly, thinking I couldn't hear.

 

“Was not maknae!” I pointed at the boy.

 

“I was saying that really low how could you hear me??” Dino looked back in shock.

 

🔸🔸🔸

 

“It’s alright Chan-ah,” KiHae smiled. Then she whispered, “he’s so dense, I don't think he’ll figure it out for a while.” She winked.

 

Dino squealed after hearing her indirect confession and met back with the group. KiHae didn't have to worry about him throwing her under the bus, they boy could keep secrets.

 

The evening turned to night with all the celebrating, and soon yawns were being heard.

 

“But I’m not tired yet.” The8 slurred while his eyelids fell.

 

KiHae chuckled to herself. Her sleep was off anyway since she could be up writing songs some nights.

 

“Oook, time to get you guys to the dorms.” S. Coups sighed. Jeonghan, Joshua and KiHae got up to help the leader.

 

“You don't need to help Cali.” Joshua looked at the girl picking up Woozi.

 

“You know I’ll do it regardless. Go back to helping Wonwoo.” She side held Woozi by the hip. Since he was a little taller than her, she was able to manage.

 

Joshua shook his head at her stubbornness. He knew she didn't need to be asked to help, she was always willing to give her abilities if needed.

 

It took a while, but all the members were safely tucked into their beds at the dorm. S. Coups and Jeonghan bowed to KiHae goodnight and she did the same.

 

“Don't stay up too long kid.” S. Coups winked at Joshua, leaving him and KiHae in the hallway.

 

KiHae covered up her chuckle behind the arm of her sweater.

 

“Yeah, it is getting late. I should go.” She looked up quickly at the boy and smiled.

 

KiHae turned to leave but her the hood of her sweater got pulled back. She turned to see if Joshua needed anything and got met with a hug.

 

His arms had minds of their own apparently. Joshua wanted to say something, and had been meaning to say something to KiHae, but didn't know how.

 

And all too quickly he was hugging her.

 

“Is anything wrong, Joshua?” KiHae wound her arms around him and looked up to see his face.

 

The top of her head stopped right under his chin so he couldn't see her initially. He looked down to face her and smiled. Her eyes looked so big since she was looking up at him. He shook his head.

 

“No nothing’s wrong.”

 

“Then-”

 

Joshua pecked her real quickly on the lips.

 

She was surprised, needless to say.

 

“Now I feel better.” Joshua smiled.

 

“Wait… what?” KiHae looked confused.

 

Joshua wanted her to stop with the expressions. They were killing him on the inside with the explosion of cuteness.

 

4Udwb6VApAOGD6M483nLjZD7PGWrt_U99KfkQ3Qu3FpOs230XpD_h792ojxoUyM1YPl8zIgEpkcaisWQQ_aQOhhZDq2p46SoNpABrTqlr2S9kWLbyU11D9pddafncs_IRcu_3et1

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/23/02/4b/23024bb887c1d840e52dc6e845faa6c3.jpg

 

Cali are you dense?” Joshua smiled.

 

Excuse me??” KiHae raised her eyebrows.

 

He chuckled and bit his lip to stop himself.

 

tVSRY7OD8YgdTtQpraLmmmNsqKDiH0YG4DhjWYQz1zeuzR8bNX_mL_KQzM5-JUqScZ4YWQ7NXSN1SbMWtMldkRjT36UJzKL5AIysPfDsYiO-AgRQvFa59_YOxVIo6tASdzVZxMuL

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13686900_1755857451338825_1808160362_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTMwNTg2MzQxNTUzMjcxODU4OQ%3D%3D.2

 

This isn't how I actually wanted to do it…” Joshua mumbled to himself.

 

KiHae knew what was coming. Well hoped. She could only hope what she was imagining was what he might actually say.

 

I like you KiHae.”

 

What made her smile was not only the direct and sincere confession, but the fact that he used her real name.

 

He’d only use it the Korean name if it was a serious matter and that was what sealed it for her that his confession was no joke.

 

And though she was giggling like a schoolgirl on the inside she decided to mess with him a bit.

 

She blinked and looked away nodding. “Huh…”

 

Joshua got quiet hearing her response. Does she not like me back?? He panicked. That would completely break his heart.

 

I mean do you think it’d work?” She asked.

 

KiHae wanted to sound dumb to it, but she was also genuinely curious with this. Date of the hottest idols in the world? That would be interesting news for Carats to take in.

 

What if I told you that you are the last person to know about this?” Joshua grinned.

 

What do you mean?

 

Joshua actually had literally consulted all the higher-ups about this already. His feelings for KiHae were more than friendship for a while and he couldn't stand working in the same space as her, even though it was an entire building apart sometimes.

 

What I mean is, it’s already taken care of. All you have to do is say yes or no.” Joshua gave her a soft expression

 

KiHae was floored now. She never thought Joshua would take this much account into the situation. It really showed her how responsible he’d become since they were kids.

 

He knew what he wanted.

 

And he wanted her.





 

And not-so-deep down she wanted him too.

 

She had always wondered when her feelings for him grew to this. It may have been when she saw him perform live for the first time.

 

Regardless now her best friend was confessing to her. And she knew what her answer was immediately.

 

Well… technically you didn't ask…” she joked with him. Seriously though he only confessed. He didn't ask the oh so important question yet.

 

Ah,” Joshua looked up in light frustration. “Why must you always make this moment technical?”

 

Because, if people ask me ‘How did he ask?’ I don't want to say, ‘Well he just kind of confessed and then asked me to say yes or no?’ Then they’ll hate you more for not really confessing properly.” KiHae gave a quick scenario and finished with a smile.

 

And really it’s only 5 words.” She quipped.

 

Joshua smiled at the girl in front of him. She was definitely something else.

 

Jung KiHae?” He smiled.

 

Yes?” She bit her lip.

 

He let go of their hug and held her hands between his. “Will you be my girlfriend?

 

She smiled, probably the brightest smile he’d ever seen, and nodded.

 

Yes Hong JiSoo I will be your girlfriend.”

 

He pulled her in for a hug again and she squealed at the action.

 

Do you know how happy I am?” Joshua asked as he set the girl down on her feet.

 

Uhm… no but probably more happy after this.”

 

KiHae pulled him down and gave a sweet kiss on the lips.

 

It was just something to throw him off but since KiHae didn't think that through thoroughly, she began to pull away and he gripped her waist and pulled her back in for more.

 

They parted with an awkward sigh.

 

Can't say you were wrong.” Joshua hugged KiHae and kissed the top of her head. “I am very much happier after that.” KiHae chuckled at his cheesiness.

 

Ok now you really need to go to bed.” KiHae began to pull away.

 

Aww come on we are having a moment.” Joshua whined as his midsection felt cold.

 

And we’ll have plenty more to come now that we are actually dating.” KiHae grinned stepping out of his embrace.

 

Joshua pouted and held KiHae’s hand to keep her from leaving. She wanted to laugh out loud so bad , but the dorms were all side by side so she didn't want to wake anyone.

 

Go inside and go. To. Sleep.” KiHae finally made him let go of her hand.

 

Fine. But one last-

 

Ok now go to bed.” KiHae commanded after giving him a peck.

 

Joshua gave a boyish smile and opened the door to his dorm. One inside he took his sweet time closing it.

 

KiHae knew he wouldn't be able to do anything unless she left so that she did. And as she did, she felt the huge smile dawned across her face.