Chapter 1 : Ignis Fatuus

Bound By Blood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

      Riding a car with an open window in the middle of the forest is a blessing, accompanied by the beautiful silver moonlight that seeping through every branch of the large oak tree. This abundance forest is still perfectly undisturbed by every urbanization human create.   

      We were heading towards the only hotel existed here in the Gotjawal Forest, this hotel located deep in the woods with only one road connecting it to the outside world. A Little adventure in this summer wouldn’t hurt right. We decided to stay there for about two weeks and explore every part of this forest in the most comfortable way, considering my friend Brooklyn hate bugs and all of the disgusting stuff, she refuses to build a tent and decided to book us a hotel in the middle of nowhere.

      There are 5 of us, we are all friend from college and now we have a different job but decided to take a short vacation together to relieve all the stress that building up after one year of working. The weather is extremely humid and all the tree are lively and swing harmoniously with the soft wind.

      Most of us are sleeping, only Sehun, our tour guide and myself are still awake. I can’t miss this exquisite scenery and I’ll enjoy every bit of it no matter how tired I am.

      This black SUV is pretty comfortable and big enough for only 6 passengers. Hanna and Brooklyn are sitting at the very back of the car, Kylie and Hyolin sitting next to each other while I’m sitting at the front with Sehun. Sehun is a nice guy I guess, very friendly and I’m sure we can count on him to guide us in this large forest considering he is a trained jungle tracker.

     After a long journey of only blackness around us, I finally can spot a glimpse of a large mansion in front, not so far from us. The area is lighted with more than a dozen large fire torch. It’s a bit weird, doesn’t they have electricity?

     Sehun stops before a tall iron gate surrounded by a beautiful iron fence, slightly covered with a brown rust but it still looks quite aesthetic. There is an iron plant vein spreading across the entire fence. 

   “This is the place, come on girl! Wake up” Sehun trying to wake the other girls up. I can’t blame them, though, sleeping for the entire trip. 6 hours journey from the city is tearing them off. Sehun smiling, appearing as though the last six hours of chauffeuring was not only a pleasure but also a breeze.

     They finally stir from their long undisturbed sleep. “Finally! Urrgghh. This is one long trip” Hanna sighing after tying up her hair into a ponytail.

   The gates are open, accompanied by the shrieking sound of the rusted metal. The view beyond us is total exquisite, this is not an ordinary hotel, it’s a mansion in the middle of a woods.

“Wow, this is huge, never expected it to be this big, I thought it's just a small hotel, how much it cost again Brooklyn?” Kylie ask.

“Not so much, just $20 dollar per day and they didn’t provide a picture, guess we are lucky then, this place is totally cheap and beautiful” Brooklyn response with an excitement and shiny bling in her eyes.

      “Yeah, it’s totally reasonable and way too affordable, you made a good choice Brooklyn,” I said.

    We climb down from the SUV with a bag and our baggage and headed towards a large wooden door. “Where is everyone, no one is here to greet us, Sehun?” Hyolin said while looking toward Sehun’s direction.

    “Maybe most of the worker are asleep and didn’t even notice we’ve arrived, it’s already past midnight, no worries, they’ll always have their receptionist at the front” Sehun response with a smile still plastered on his face. He can’t stop smiling.

     He opens the door carefully and we were greeted by a blow of the wind that smells like a flower fragrance, can’t quite guess what flower it is, but it smell so good that it make the surrounding atmosphere seems hazy and shimmering. We were walking towards the receptionist sitting on his desk, He is so small I thought no one was sitting there at first.

     “Hello, can I help you?” the receptionist finally making a sound with his stoic face, what a weird receptionist they have here. “We already make a reservation online under the name of Brooklyn Kim”. Sehun said to the receptionist. The other girls and I just standing quietly behind Sehun, not sure what to do right now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter