Chapter 5

Thin Line

'Take it easy Ryeowook ah.'

 

Leeteuk rubbed the younger man's back gently. Ryeowook had vomitted for the second time that day. Due to his healing state, Ryeowook can't eat solid foods well. However, as a treatment, he had to go through stages of eating where he would have to try to eat solid foods little by little. It started with porridge, and a few fruit and it will get bigger and bigger according to how much his body can consume.

 

'Here. Drink this.' Leeteuk handed out a glass of water to Ryeowook.

 

'Thanks hyung.' Ryeowook smiled weakly reaching for the glass of water.

 

'Your welcome.' Leeteuk smiled warmly and sat next to Ryeowook on the bed.

'It must be hard on you. Not being able to eat as much as you want. But don't worry the doctor said it's only for a couple days before your stomach would be able to take food like before.'

 

'I never thought an appendix can cause this.' Ryeowook uttered as he sip on the glass of water.

'I miss eating good food.'

 

'It doesn't.' Leeteuk chuckled, ruffling Ryeowook's hair.

'But yours sat too long inside you and caused you all that infections and internal damages.'

 

'Next time I'm sick. Remind me to go the hospital right away hyung.' Ryeowook sighed regrettably.

 

'Ouh don't you worry about that. After what happened to you, be sure to get ready fo my ultra super-close watch. You'd be so annoyed and stuffy.' Leeteuk told the smaller man. Ryeowook laughed at this.

 

'Thanks hyung I love you.' 

 

'I love you too Wookie.' Leeteuk pinched Ryeowook's cheeks lovingly.

 

----

 

Kyuhyun was pacing around back and forth in front of the practice room nervously. He had asked the members to meet him at there but he was scared to go in. He had hurt them previously with his words and he knew that it was important for them to know that he never meant what he said but still he couldn't bring himself forth to face them.

 

'Oh my god Cho Kyuhyun get a grip.' He slapped his cheeks and breathe in.

'I can do this.' He calmed himself down and entered the practice room.

 

The sound of the doorknob being turned made them all looked at the door and Kyuhyun found himself in an awkward situation. They were all practically staring at him.

 

'Um. Hi.' Kyuhyun blurted out nervously. He walked closer to them and stood just in front of them who were all sitting on the floor.

'I was just. Um. I..you see..I um..I...the reason why I'm here...well I...I...'

 

'We know you're sorry.' Shindong cut him off and chuckled. Kyuhyun's eyes went big.

 

'You were?' Kyuhyun asked, unsure.

 

'Yeap, now come and sit with us. Siwon bought as fried chicken and there's plenty for everyone!' Sungmin nodded and started pulling Kyuhyun to sit with them on the floor.

 

'Wait what???' Kyuhyun was bewildered at this point. Weren't they supposed to be upset with him?

 

'Look Kyu, there's even your favorite onion rings!' Eunhyuk pointed out the box of onion rings. 'If you don't hurry I'm gonna eat them all.' He added, showing off his gummy smile.

 

'Aren't you supposed to be mad at me??' Kyuhyun finally asked after he was forcefully sitted between Siwon and Sungmin.

'You're not supposed to treat me and stuffs.'

 

'Do we really have to do this?' Eunhyuk sighed and looked at Kyuhyun.

'Look Kyu, we thought about it and we've discussed it among ourselves. We fully understood why you were angry at us and we know that you're sorry so lets just move on and forget the whole thing okay?'

 

'But I hurt your feelings.' Kyuhyun argued. 'I really hurt your feelings.

 

'Yeah and we've hurt each other and Ryeowook.' Shindong responded, shrugging his shoulders.

'It's like what you've said before at the hospital. There's a thin line that separates everything. From good to bad. From bad to worse. From lies to truths. From pain to happiness. And this thin line is what protects our friendship and our trust.' He continued.

'We don't want the same thing to happen again like what started out from Leeteuk and Heechul's fight. It was because we didn't put that thin line before that requires us to stop and think for a minute about our actions. Apologizing, forgiving and forgetting. Isn't that what's friendship is all about? What brotherhood is all about. We should have put that thin line from the start.' Shindong smiled and reached forward to ruffle Kyuhyun's hair.

'So don't worry about it okay Kyuhyun. We forgive you and in exchange, please forgive us.'

 

Kyuhyun looked around and saw the variety of nods and thumbs up from s. He felt his eyes wet.

 

'Okay.' He finally choked out.

 

'Awww our baby is crying!!'

 

----------

 

'Heechul hyung I've brought you some onion rings.' Kyuhyun had been looking for the older man and finally found him staring at the sky on the  rooftop of their company's building.

'They're my favorites.'

 

Heechul seemed surprised and he looked at Kyuhyun warily but nevertheless he took the small plate of onion rings from Kyuhyun's hands.

 

'They're good.' Heechul merely said as he swallowed one, aware of the awkward atmosphere around them.

 

Kyuhyun looked at the black eye that came from his fist and sighed.

 

'Here.' Kyuhyun reached from behind his pocket and handed out what looked like a cream for swellings.

 

'What's that for?' Heechul questioned. His eyebrows furrowed.

 

'Your eyes. They're for your eyes.' Kyuhyun rubbed the back of his head.

 

'Oh.' Heechul said and grabbed the cream.

'Thanks.'

 

'Sure.' Kyuhyun replied back.

 

'So, why are you here?' Heechul finally asked as he grabbed another piece of onion ring.

 

'You don't know why I'm here??' Kyuhyun asked, puzzled.

 

'Emm I'm supposed to know why you're here?' Heechul retorted.

 

'Hyung I gave you my favorite onion rings!' Kyuhyun was practically yelling. 'And and I bought you that cream and stuff!'

 

Heechul looked at the younger man as if he'd lost his mind or something.

 

'And I said thank you for them.' Heechul responded, scrunching his face.

 

'Oh my god.' Kyuhyun rubbed his face in agony.

'Fine I guess I have no choice but to say it out loud then.'

 

'Say what out?' Heechul asked staring at Kyuhyun.

 

'That I'm sorry!! Okay??!!' Kyuhyun yelled out.

'I'm sorry that I punched you in the face I wasn't thinking straight I was just so overwhelmed with being so angry at you guys and I and I...I just did it without even realizing I did it!' Kyuhyun began pacing around from left to right.

'I'm sorry I punched you hyung that's why I'm here I want to apologize to you.'

 

For a long time Heechul just stared at Kyuhyun before chuckling. He turned around and looked at the sky, smiling.

 

'Actually, I was glad that you punched me in the face.' Heechul admitted. Kyuhyun almosf fell down when he heard this.

'I've acted like a jerk for days because I was too overwhelmed with my stress and problems. I've acted like a jerk to Leeteuk, to the members, to you and..to Ryeowook.' Heechul closed his eyes and breathe in the wonderful air.

'I needed someone to beat the crap out of me. To wake me up from that jerk side of me and you did exactly that for me. I needed the punch so thank you Kyuhyun.' Heechul smiled at Kyuhyun. On the other hand, Kyuhyun face-palmed himself.

 

'What the hell is wrong with you hyungs you're driving me nut!' Kyuhyun blurted out in disbelief.

'What the heck!'

 

'Huh what did I do wrong?' Heechul questioned innocently.

 

'That's it! I'm going to Ryeowook now at least he's not as weird as you people so bye!' Kyuhyun turned around and walked towards the stairs. Heechul was left bewildered and confused as he scratched his head.

 

'Oh and by the way you owe me a new freshly cooked set of onion rings tomorrow okay?! Bye again!' Kyuhyun uttered from the last time before leaving the poor older man behind.

 

'What the heck just happened?'

 

Was all that Heechul managed to say.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally it's done! Hurrah!!

I'm sorry I took this long and I'm sorry if it .

Anyways thanks for reading and subscribing love you guys!

-Haruhi