Chapter 1

Thin Line

'Hey, here have a drink.'

 

Ryeowook looked up and saw Donghae handing him over a water bottle. He smiled in appreciation as he grabbed a hold of the water bottle. He then quickly took a full sip of the water inside, loving the refreshing feeling of the cold water running down his throat.

'Thanks hyung. I needed that.'

 

'No problem.' Donghae replied the younger man and sat next to him.

'Busy week huh.' He then said, his eyes wandering around looking at the other members that was either laying down on the floor or sitting down on a large couch at the end of the practice room.

 

'Yeah.' Ryeowook nodded. This was true. The concert seasons are here and they not only have their hands full with Super Shows but they also have Smtown around the corner. They found themselves unable to breathe an air of relaxation and everyday was packed. Ryeowook himself, had been so busy that he was tired all the time.

 

'How's your musical going?' Donghae asked the younger man.

'You're so caught up with that thing it's rare to see you at the dorm nowadays.' 

 

'It's going great. You know I love musicals.' Ryeowook answered as he placed his hand on his stomach, feeling it slightly bothering him. 

'It's because sometimes rehearsals get too long and last for hours that I had to stay out for days. You know how far that theatre is from our dorm.' 

 

Donghae nodded and smiled. 'You're working too hard.' 

 

'Are you hungry or something Wook?' Eunhyuk, who was walking towards them suddenly asked. Both Ryeowook and Donghae looked up.

'You've been touching your stomach all day.' 

 

'Nah I'm fine. It's just bothering me a little.' Ryeowook told him. 

 

'I told you that you shouldn't skip your breakfast this morning.' Eunhyuk retorted and stood in front of them.

 

'I didn't.' Ryeowook defended himself. 'I ate an apple.'

 

'Yeah, like AN apple would do just fine for a bunch of practices and rehearsals today. It's the concert season in case you're forgotten.' Eunhyuk shook his head and chuckled. 'That apple had long been digested Wook.'

 

Ryeowook didn't say anything because he knew how right Eunhyuk was. He should have ate more knowing how packed and worked out he was going to be today. Food means energy. Something he would be using all day and needed.

 

'After we're done with this last round of dance for this afternoon, lets go and get something to eat.' Donghae suggested looking over his dongsaeng. 

'We need to feed this hungry fella after all.' He then ruffled Ryeowook's hair warmly and stood up.

 

'That's a great idea!' Eunhyuk grinned so wide his gum were showing more than it needed to be.

'I'm super starving!' He then skipped happily around Donghae.

 

'Wookie just look at this idiot will you?' Donghae said and pointed at the overly-excited Eunhyuk.

'He was going all about eating well and teasing you for being hungry and now look, he's the one that's starving!'

 

Ryeowook merely laughed and stood up, looking at both of his hyungs.

 

'Hey! I'm the main dancer of this group of course I'm easily hungry!' Eunhyuk slapped Donghae's shoulder and defended himself.

'I burn more calories than any of you lazy lots! Plus, I work the hardest today!'

 

Donghae rolled his eyes. 'I burned as many calories as you do you arrogant monkey.' 

 

'Alright that's enough you two.' Ryeowook stopped them, knowing fully well that the two of them would start their usual playful world war two if he didn't. Plus, Leeteuk was starting to gather everyone around since their break was officially over. 'Lets go back to practice before Teukie hyung turned godzilla on us.'

 

----------------------------

 

'Again.'

 

Ryeowook grunted quietly to himself as the music instructor's voice rang through his head. Today was the day they needed to record the new song for their musical as a special gift to fans but he had been doing terribly. It was unsual for him because he almost never struggle during song recordings so he found himself extremely disappointed and angry with himself. Ryeowook knew that the reason he had been messing up was probably because of his stomach. It was for some reason painful and he couldn't focus on the song entirely without having to hold onto his stomach which caused him to mess up his lines and concentrations. 

 

'I need to go to the hospital for a check up.' He said to himself.

 

Ryeowook bowed for the many times that day that he lost count. He felt horrible for delaying everything for everyone and made things harder. He could see the piercing look inside their eyes because he had wasted so much of their time with this recording. Thankfully enough thou, after his fourteenth try, he was finally able to finish recording the song entirely. 

 

'I'm really sorry.'

 

----------

 

'How's the recording went?' Ryeowook heard his manager asking as he stepped into the van.

 

'Horrible.' Ryeowook merely said and leaned against the chair. He wasn't in the mood to talk about how the recording went knowing fully what a mess it had been. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He was extremely exhausted.

 

'I see. You look tired.' The manager said to him, understanding he younger man well enough not to press on the matter.

'Do you need something to eat?' He couldn't help but asked as he started the engine.

 

'I already ate at the recording studio.' Ryeowook replied quietly, feeling so drained and sleepy. He wanted to have a rest but he knew that that was impossible.

'What's my next schedule hyung?'

 

'Well, you have an interview with that magazine I told you about for your musical and then you have a photoshoot before your Sukira recording later tonight. And then tomorrow you have a meeting with the CEO for Smtown early in the morning, rehearsals for your musicals on the afternoon plus another interview with the rest of your musical crew and on the night you'll have to catch a flight to Japan for your KRY fanmeeting the next day.' Ryeowook grunted at these.

 

'What's the matter?' The manager asked him, sensing something.

'I know it has been a full week and will continue to be for a couple more weeks even months but it never bothered you so much before.'

 

'Nothing. I just wanted to go to a hospital but I guess there's no time for that.' Ryeowook told him honestly. He didn't mind being busy in fact, he loved it. It made him felt recognised and alive as a singer and artist. It was just that his stomach was bothering him for two days straight and he wanted to go for a checkup and get some pain relieves to get off the pain. He could sense that something was wrong but he was sure that it wasn't anything too big of a deal. It was probably stress. Siwon had the same condition before as well and it was gone the minute he ate the pills the doctor had prescribed for him.

 

'Are you not feeling well?' Ryeowook opened his eyes and could see the concerned face of the older man.

 

'I'm fine I just wanted to go for a health check up that's all.' 

 

'Okay, but tell me if there's anything bothering you alright?' Ryeowook nodded and smiled tiredly.

 

'I promise I will.'

 

--------------------------------

 

Ryeowook sighed as he took in the sight in front of him. It was not unsual for large groups like them to have a fight every now and then but he wasn't sure if this was the right time to be arguing when they were so busy with Super Shows. He stood up to stopped the two eldest male from strangling each other but as soon as he did, he found himself almost falling due to the sudden pain that hit him. He leaned in the walls for support and waited for the pain to go away. He wished that the other members were here to help him but unfortunately it was only the three of them inside the meeting room.

 

'Why can't you be serious for once in your life Kim Heechul?!' Leeteuk spat at the man who had him pinned against the wall. He tightened his hold on Heechul's collar.

'This is not the time to be playing around!'

 

'Well, why can't you let loose for once in your life Park Jungsoo?!' Heechul spat back angrily at the leader.

'You always take everything so seriously! You think people like taking orders from you?!'

 

'And you always take everything as a ing JOKE!' Leeteuk pushed Heechul so hard he landed on the floor with a loud thud.

 

'YOU !!' Heechul jumped back and all he could see was red. Before Ryeowook could yell at them to stop, Heechul fist had sent Leeteuk flying to the floor.

 

'STOP IT YOU TWO PLEASE!!!' Ryeowook screamed at the top of his lungs. Both of his eldest hyungs were beating each other and there were fists and hits flying all over the place. 'THAT'S ENOUGH! YOU'RE GONNA GET HURT LIKE REAL BAD!!'

 

Ryeowook tried to separate them but instead, he was pushed so hard his back hit the wall. The overwhelming pressure from his back made his stomach hurt again and he quickly fell onto the floor crouching. Ryeowook knew that the pain was going to get in the way of him stopping his two hyungs but he ignored it because he was afraid that they might end up killing each other. 

 

'STOP IT!' Ryeowook yelled and punched both of them simultenously but they wasn't affected even the slightest. As soon as he did, Siwon, Sungmin and Eunhyuk walked into the room. They were laughing and giggling about something but as soon as they saw what was going on, they immediately stopped.

 

'What the- what's going on in here?' Eunhyuk asked as shock took over him. The meeting room was a mess with chair falling and papers flying across the floor. But what shocked him the most was seeing Leeteuk and Heechul strangling each other on the floor.

 

'OH MY GOD.'

 

-------------------------

 

Ever since the incidence between Leeteuk and Heechul, the tension within the group had grown and Ryeowook found himself worrying endlessly. Leeteuk and Heechul had been ingnoring each other and it was affecting the entire group. Somehow the group was divided into two with some of them taking Heechul's side while the others took Leeteuk's side. Ryeowook found himself to be the only neutral one that was stuck in the middle of the silent war that was happening around s.

 

'Well Heechul hyung is right, Teukie hyung can be such a dictator sometimes. He's killing all of us with his constant demand of perfections.' Siwon told Ryeowook when he had asked the latter why he took Heechul's side and made the fight between them worsen.

 

'Well I think that Heechul hyung loves slacking so much it's not fair for the rest of us that works hard.' Shindong would then argue.

 

Ryeowook sighed in defeat as his attempt to reduce the tension within the group failed. In fact, it only got worse as their busy schedules were starting to affect them and they were tired all the time it made them sensitive at every little thing. The whole situation was making him upset and all he could think about was how to make things better. He was just so so worried and anxious at the whole ordeal.

 

--

 

'Ryeowook. You need to raise your hands up higher.' Leeteuk scolded the younger man, glaring at him.

'Stop slacking off like some people.' He then added sarcastically.

 

'I'm sorry hyung.' Ryeowook apologised even though he was sure he didn't do anything wrong. But he wanted to avoid more conflicts from happening. They had enough already this morning during breakfast.

 

'Why did Wookie need to apologise??' Sungmin suddenly questioned and Ryeowook felt sick to his stomach at this.

'He didn't even do anything wrong.'

 

Ryeowook saw Leeteuk froze and gulped. Oh God please no.

 

'Nope. Teukie hyung was right.' Ryeowook tried to mend things.

'I really did not raise my hands up high enough.'

 

'Ouh so you're taking his side now Wook?' Heechul asked him, crossing his arms together.

 

'No..it's just...' Ryeowook tried to explained.

 

'You better shut that mouth of yours Kim Heechul.' Leeteuk spat angrily.

 

Ryeowook had to watch them fight for the many times these couple days AGAIN until the manager hyungs arrived and scolded all of them.

 

-----

 

'Ryeowook you have time this afternoon for a couple of hours do you want to go to the hospital for that check up you were talking about last week?' The manager hyung asked him. They were riding inside the van and he had just finished his musical rehearsals. Tonight was going to be the show so rehearsals was short for them to have time to rest and get prepared.

 

As much as Ryeowook wanted too, he realized, there was something more important for him to do.

 

'What about the other members?' He asked.

 

'They're in SM.' The manager told him. 'Super Shows are coming so the finals preparations are essentials and the president himself wanted to hear all the planned details for every tour but you got excused because of your musical tonight.'

 

'On a second thought take me to SM hyung.' Ryeowook nodded and said.

 

'But what about your check ups?' The manager hyung raised his brows.

'This is the only time you will be free Ryeowook for at least a month. Super Shows will start next week you know that.'

 

'I'm fine it's just a checkup plus I can't be somewhere else without having to worry about them starting another war with each other.' Ryeowook admitted.

'I just can't stop worrying hyung. They've been fighting for so long and the tension have only gone worse. I have to be there whevener they're together so they won't end up killing each other.'

 

'They are?' The manager hyung's eyes went wide.

'I thought that was resolved already?' Ryeowook shook his head.

'I think it's time I put an end to this don't worry Ryeowook. I will discuss this with the other managers.'

 

Ryeowook sighed and leaned against his chair. He placed a hand on his stomach and rubbed it gently to ease the pain.

 

'I feel like I don't have time to breathe anymore these days with those people acting like a bunch of teenagers.'

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First chapter! It won't be a long fic but it'll be fulfilling.

Thanks for reading! Do drop some comments and check out my other fics as well ;D