Chapter 2

Thin Line

Leeteuk walked towards the practice room with a heavy heart. As the leader of so many boys with vast personalities, things get really hard on him sometimes. It is always difficult for him to be the back bone of the group and maintain a proper image for the group. He is the representative of everything Super Junior is. People around him would look at him first before s. Everything he do and say will be put into count that is why it was always important for him to practice his speech and train himself to be a patient person. However, there are times when pressure gets too hard and he would escape somewhere to cool his mind off. But this time it happened differently. He knew very well what happened a few days ago was partly his fault. He had never acted that way in front of s. Even if things got out of hands and he got extremely angry he would never make it go really physical and cause a long tension within the group.

The reason why he was mad at Heechul was because he had a lot of things going on inside his mind that day. First, he was scolded by the president for the slow progress of Super Shows that was delayed a couple of times due to conflicting individual schedules. Then, his mother called and asked him to accompany her to go to the hospital for her monthly health checkup and at the same time the manager hyung wanted him to attend a meeting with the junior group of SM for SMtown concert so he was put into a conflict state which stressed him out. He had to bail on his mother because the president called him on the matter and scolded him once again for not taking responsibilities well. The idea of disappointing his mother again and again made a toll on his self-control. After that, they had a meeting with the production team but Heechul never came and when he did, he just...well lost it. All the anger and stress he was containing just exploded in that one moment when Heechul arrived and it just so happen to be that Heechul had a horrible day as well so things got really bad between the two of them. Before he knew it, they were already physical with one another it was as if both of them were possessed.

But that was not the worst part of it. The worst part of it was how the members started taking side without him even realizing it was happening. When he did thou, things were already out of control and misunderstandings grew bigger. What started as a fight between the two of them grew into a fight between the rest of the members as they also said things they shouldn't have said to one another and got angry. There was absolutely no time to make things better because things around them got so busy that sometimes they had to sleep in the office instead of their dorm. Communications between them got so bad that instead of saying something they would just ignore each other's presence and be completely mute. The stress of the ongoing fight and tension within the group made him moody and cranky that he would just snapped at the members so completely no reason. 

Leeteuk heaved out a long sigh at the front door of the practice room. He was so disappointed with himself and how he had behaved for the last couple of days that he was too ashamed to face s. However, duty calls as he calmed himself down and entered the practice room.

 

-------------------------------

 

Ryeowook watched Leeteuk entered the practice room worriedly. He could see the stress that wore his face and how he was looking down on the floor avoiding the gaze of others. Ryeowook then looked at the rest of the members and saw them sitting far away with the people they were angry with and forming a pack it was ridiculous. He looked at Heechul and saw the older man staring at Leeteuk with an unreadable expression on his face. 

Ryeowook sighed and stood up from the couch he was sitting on. He walked to the middle of the practice room and clapped his hands a few time. He could see that as soon as he did so, all heads turned his way.

 

'Alright you kids, lets from a circle.' He told them, smilling. 

'Well, what are you waiting for? Come on, lets make a circle.'

 

'What are you going on about Wook?' Eunhyuk was the first one to asked.

'Why do we need to form a circle?'

 

'To play a game of course!' Ryeowook replied enthusiastically. 

'Hmm lets see...instead of playing 'truth or dare' let change it to a 'yes or no' game.'

 

'Ryeowook I don't mean to crush your hopes and all but I don't think now is the perfect time to play a game.' Yesung said as a matter of factly.

'I mean don't you see the tension inside this room? We basically hate each other's guts right now.' He added.

 

'Which is the exact reason why we need to play this game!' Ryeowook uttered and crossed his arms.

'I think the fight have been gone on long enough and this game will help you say things you don't know or are too embarassed to say to one another.' He continued.

'Basically I would asked you some questions and you would say 'yes' or 'no' to those questions.' 

 

'First of all, this fight was and is only between Jungsoo and I.' Heechul suddenly stood up and say. He glared at Leeteuk briefly before looking at the other members.

'You kids don't have the right to interfere. I was too lazy and it's not exactly my thing to ask you to stop but this is ridiculous.' He walked towards the door as he uttered this.

'If we want to solve it, we would, just between the two of us. We don't need some stupid game to fix everything. So stop bugging and mind your own ing business. I'm going to get something to drink, be right back when practice starts.' He then left the room without another word.

 

'Heechul hyung's right. Guys I'm sorry but I guess this had nothing to do with us but I'm just in no mood to talk about this right now.' Shindong blurted out, scratching his head and leaving the room. 'I need some air.'

 

'Me too. I hate this situation.' Sungmin followed Shindong out with Siwon trailing behind.

'There's too much tension.'

 

'I'm sorry Wook, I'm just too angry at everybody to play some game right now.' Yesung admitted and closed his eyes leaning against the chair he was sitting on with a sigh. 'Just stop trying and let things be the way there are. A game can't just make it all go away you know.'

 

'Basically, we know what we did was wrong but ever since the fight started there were things that was said that was upsetting...we got angry and felt betrayed. You can't just solve that by one game you know.' Kangin sighed and got back to his laptop. 'I myself am angry at the things that was said to me.'

 

Ryeowook was so stunned at the turned of event that he completely froze, speechless. He had not expected this at all. He honestly thought that he could make the tension go away but instead he made it bigger.

 

---------------

 

Practice had begun but Ryeowook had excused himself to the toilet because of the excruitiating pain that suddenly hit him. Once he had reached the toilet he had locked the door and went into one of the cubicle. He felt nauseatic and there sweats all over his body. He placed the palm of his hand on his forehead neck and knew immediately that he was burning with fever. He remembered having the exact same amount of pain yesterday when he was inside his room back at the dorm but after hours of withholding, it finally went away and the stomachache had stopped. He wasn't in any sort of pain this morning and the same goes for the afternoon so he had believed that he was all better but after a few dance and practice, the pain came back and it made his body tremble.

 

'What's wrong with me?' He said quietly to himself trying to ease the pain on his stomach.

 

-

 

'Gather round all of you!'

 

The members of Super Junior were practicing their new choreoghraphy for a special performance that they will perform for fans during Super Shows when their managers entered the room which surprised them since it was unsual for their managers to gather in the practice room as a whole.

 

'Where's Ryeowook?' The head of all the managers asked to no one in particular as they all lined up in front of the managers.

 

'He went to the bathroom.' Kyuhyun who had been busy with his musicals in Busan for three days straight and was only back late afternoon said. 

'He should be back soon.'

 

'I see. Well I, no all of us managers have something to say to all of you.' The head manager began to say.

'But before that, can any of you guess what it is?' He looked at Leeteuk.

'Leeteuk?'

 

'The fact that we haven't been acting good to one another..?' Leeteuk answered nervously as he looked around at s who also seemed nervous.

'...and we haven't exactly made up properly.'

 

'So I reckon you do know what you did wrong?' The head manager looked at them silmutenously as he blurted out this.

'Sungmin. Do you have something to say for yourself and for the group?' Like Leeteuk, Sungmin also looked around nervously and shook his head.

'Are you sure cuz now's your only chance to tell me the truth.' The manager hyung challenged the younger man.

 

'Well..I'm not sure I'm the right person to say this.' Sungmin tried to explain.

'But I guess things got too far.'

 

'Explain this 'getting too far' please.' The head manager demanded, crossing his arms together.

 

'When Heechul hyung and Leeteuk hyung fought we were shocked at first but then some us suddenly said something about Leeteuk hyung being too serious and moody all the time and well, things got worse..and..and we took sides and...we started fighting between us as well..more fights occured...' Sungmin looked down on the floor as he comprehended his words, only realizing now how stupid they've all been.

 

The head manager said nothing is respond and began pacing the room.

 

'Now, the reason why I'm pushing Sungmin to tell his honest feelings and explain things is because I want him to listen and understand his own words.' He finally said.

'And I want you guys to do the same. You see kids, it's normal for humans to fight especially young fellas like you guys but it's not okay for you to let things get too far without finding a way to solve it. The first step and the most important step is to understand the main problem.' He explained further.

'Like Sungmin had said before, the main problem was saying things on the wrong set of times that caused further misunderstandings. So when you know that this is the problem the next thing you can do is talk things through and figure out the next step. Now, I nor the other managers cannot fix what you've started that's up to you guys but we want to help your realize that you are brothers. Not just a bunch guys put together by a contract to sing. You've endured everything together, pain and happiness, and you're gonna tell me you don't want to fix this fight you had going on right now?' They all shook their heads. Eyes filled with regrets.

'I don't want to scold you or punish you because you're not rookies anymore. However, I'm very disappointed to learn that you still haven't work things out. Leeteuk, you as the leader should try and talk things through with your members. You've always done a great job, what's the difference with now that you can't?' The head manager looked at the sad face of the young man he had cared for like his own brother.

'Alright then, tomorrow would be the rehearsals for your first ledge of Super Show so what the other managers and I want you guys to do now is to stop practicing and have a heart to heart conversation with each other. Like a healing camp or some sort you could say that. You're not allowed to even think about Super Shows or any of you individual activities until then. You're also not allowed to leave this building until you get along like you used to. Is everybody clear?' They all nodded.

 

'Good then we'll be off.' The head manager said and left the room with the rest of the managers and stuffs.

 

----------------

 

Ryeowook walked back into the practice room and saw the members sitting around in circles and what surprised him the most was the fact that they were all crying. Kyuhyun who had noticed Ryeowook standing in front of the door slightly frozen, stood up and walked towards the smaller man.

 

'Yah. What took you so long Ryeonggu?' Kyuhyun asked his friend.

 

'Kyu. Do you mind explaining to me what's going on right now?' Ryeowook asked Kyuhyun, completely ignoring his question earlier.

'Why are they all crying? God, please don't tell me it's another fight and where is Heechul hyung and Leeteuk hyung??'

 

'They went out somewhere for some privacy and what happened was that all the managers came in and...' Kyuhyun began telling Ryeowook everything that had happened while he was away in the toilet and Ryeowook found himself extremely relieved.

 

'Anyways, you never told me it was this bad.' Kyuhyun demanded once he had finished telling Ryeowook everything.

'I knew something was off when I got back but listening to them explaining things to each other and admitting their mistakes made me realized what a fight they must have had. Now I understand why you sounded so stressed out on the phone.'

 

'I told you it was awful.' Ryeowook retorted, feeling himself exhausted and his stomach churning once again.

 

'Yeah but you never said it was bad.' Kyuhyun argued. 'I mean bad like seriously BAD!'

 

'It's the same thing Kyu.' Ryeowook rolled his eyes and walked towards the couch. He needed to sit down. Kyuhyun immediately noticed that something was wrong with his friend as he finally took in the pale complexion on Ryeowook's face and how he was walking slowly like he was in pain.

 

'Hey...are you okay?' 

 

'I don't know...' Ryeowook honestly admitted as he sat down. 'My stomach's been bugging me for a week now.'

 

'It's still bugging you??' Kyuhyun sat down next to Ryeowook, perplexed.

'I thought you said you will have it check out? Why haven't you thou??'

 

'I didn't have the time to.' Ryeowook answered, closing his eyes and leaning against the couch. He felt so drained when he barely used his energy today. It was weird.

'My schedule's so pack and I have those creeps to worry about.' He pointed at the members who were still talking to each other and tearing up. 

'And I'm so worried about Leeteuk hyung he'd been so stressed out lately. His fight with Heechul hyung was so horrible it was physical Kyu and I was there, I saw it. Now that you've mentioned to me that they're somewhere talking inside this building I'm even more worried. What if they got into another fight and started punching each other again? I think I have to go and find them.' Ryeowook wanted to stand up but the look on Kyuhyun's face made him cancelled his intention immediately.

 

'What's wrong?' Ryeowook asked him.

 

'Will you cut this out?' Kyuhyun demanded as he looked sternly at Ryeowook.

 

'Cut what out??' Ryeowook didn't fully grasp Kyuhyun's words.

 

'This whole you worrying about other people that you forget about yourself!' Kyuhyun cried out.

'This is exactly the reason why I don't like you to get involve too much with other people's business. You don't take care of yourself!'

 

'Kyuhyun, they're not just other people they're our members.' Ryeowook argued.

'Of course I'd get worried!'

 

'And they don't give you enough credit sometimes. There should always be a thin line between you and other people. Even if they're our members. I don't care after rehearsals tomorrow you have to go for that checkup.' Kyuhyun said sternly.

 

'I promise I will now will you please let me find Leeteuk hyung and Heechul hyung?'

 

 

'Ryeonggu!!'

 

 

------------------------------------------