Chapter 3

Thin Line

Ryeowook tried his best to dance properly but he just couldn't. The sharp pang inside hit stomach was worse than yesterday and he found himself losing focus which caused him to miss several lines. His face was white as a ghost and he was sweating vigorously. It was definitely a miracle that he managed to last to end of the song and as soon as it ended, he quickly got off stage.

 

'I need to go to the hospital.' He said to himself, sensing that something was seriously wrong. If before, he suspected it to only be a stomachache due to stress and a lack amount of vitamins but this time, he was worried because he knew that it was probably worse than that. 

 

'Where's Ryeowook?' Kyuhyun asked the other members as they catched their breath and went backstage.

 

'I don't know but I'm worried.' Donghae replied him, looking around for Ryeowook.

'He was so pale and he looked like he was going to faint.'

 

'Yeap, throughout the whole rehearsal for that song I was worried when he tripped a couple of times.' Kangin nodded and said.

'I didn't know he was sick??'

 

'It's his stomach. It's been bothering him for a while now.' Kyuhyun told them. His eyes wandering around worriedly for the said person.

'He was supposed to go for a checkup but he had it cancel many times.' 

 

'A checkup??' Sungmin brows furrowed woriedly and asked.

'It is that bad???'

 

'I'm not sure which is why I'm worried. I'm gonna look for him.' Kyuhyun uttered and walked away to search for Ryeowook.

 

---

 

Ryeowook was walking down the hallway of the backstage weakly to look for his manager when something pulled his hand hard. Before he was able to comprehend everything he found himself being shoved into one of the room in the hallway.

 

'What the-'

 

Ryeowook looked up and saw Heechul standing in front of him with an angry look on his face.

 

'Hee-chul hyung..' Ryeowook looked behind him and reached the wall for support as he felt himself getting weaker and losing his consciousness.

'What's..the ma..tter...?'

 

'Do you have anything to say for yourself right now Ryeowook??' Heechul suddenly demanded, crossing his arms together.

 

'What..did..I do now...?' Ryeowook tried to asked. He felt his eyes starting to flutter up and down and his awareness was fading. However, he tried his best to stay awake because he felt that it was important for him to hear what his hyung had to say.

 

'I can't believe you've told all the managers that me and Leeteuk haven't made up.' Heechul began.

'You've put us in a lot of trouble with the company. Do you even realize what you have done Kim Ryeowook? What you action had caused Leeteuk and I?'

 

Ryeowook tried to reply but he wasn't sure to whom he should to since he started to see three Kim Heechul standing in front of him.

 

'Well. Answer me.' Heechul demanded tapping his feet.

 

'I..' Ryeowook tried to say and looked at the older man.

 

'You what? Look at me when you're talking to me.' Heechul uttered.

 

'Oops...wrong one..' Ryeowook said quietly to himself.

 

'Kim Ryeowook, what's the matter with you??' Heechul questioned and stepped closer to the younger man. He then grabbed Ryeowook by the shoulder to make him look at him in the eye but was shocked when he noticed something about his dongsaeng.

'Oh my God you're burning!' Heechul cried out.

'Oh my God Ryeowook!'

 

As soon as Heechul touched him, Ryeowook went limped and fall into Heechul's arms.

 

'Yah! Ryeowook ah! What's wrong?? Ryeowook ah??!!' Heechul screamed and shook the latter.

'Someone! Someone help!!' He yelled out loud, panic took over his body.

 

Heechul put down Ryeowook's body to the floor gently and ran to the door. He popped his head out and yelled for help as loud as he can. Before long, he could see the managers including a few of s running towards him.

 

'What's the matter Heechul why are you screaming so loud?' The head manager asked him.

 

'Ryeowook!' Heechul pointed to the room. 'He- he fainted! He was burning I don't know but he just fainted!!'

 

'WHAT??!!' The head manager cried out loud followed by the other managers and members.

 

Kyuhyun was the first one to enter the room and once he saw Ryeowook's pale and weak body laying on the floor, all he could see was red.

 

'DAMMIT YOU KIM HEECHUL WHAT HAVE YOU DONE???!!!!' Kyuhyun screamed at the top of his lungs angrily and punched Heechul, sending him flying on the floor.

 

----------------------------------

 

Kyuhyun paced around angrily inside the waiting room waiting for the doctors to come out and give them news about Ryeowook's condition. He had ignored and shut everybody down including s. He was so angry, no it was more like he was fumed with so much anger that he couldn't look at s face especially Heechul without having the need to yell at them and scold them. Although he didn't know what had happened inside that room between Heechul and Ryeowook. he knew that, that was the trigger to Ryeowook's losing his consciousness. Didn't his stupid hyung knows that Ryeowook was already pale and sick on stage?! Not mention this whole that fight started between s was the one that caused Ryeowook to not get his checkups earlier! If they had done it earlier Ryeowook wouldn't be so sick! They could have prevented it!

 

'Kyuhyun. Please calm down.' Leeteuk tried to make Kyuhyun feel better. The older man was feeling so upset to learn about Ryeowook's condition just as much as Kyuhyun was.

'Ryeowook will be fine so please don't be angry anymore.'

 

'I don't need to hear any from you or from Heechul hyung or just to make it easy, I don't need to hear any from any of you!!' Kyuhyun cried out, glaring at Leeteuk as well as the other members. The tone of Kyuhyun's voice made them speechless. Sure, Kyuhyun can be rude with them but it was usually a joke and  just him being playful, he was never seriously rude. It was frightening to see.

'Didn't you see that he was sick??! Couldn't you tell?!! Of course not cuzz all you ing babies were just too busy fighting one another like some !!!' Kyuhyun paced around the room even more vigorously.

'HIS APPENDIX GOT RUPTURED!!! IT GOT BLOODY RUPTURED AND HE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT BECAUSE HE WAS TOO BUSY WORRYING ABOUT YOU PEOPLE!!!' Kyuhyun ruffled his hair into a mess and yelled.

'Do you have any idea how bad it is to have a ruptured appendix inside your organ?!! He had been going around carrying that thing for a week! A WEEK!!! HE COULD HAVE DIED!!!!!' 

 

'Kyuhyun, we know what we did was wrong. We're also shocked like you that Ryeowook was so sick. We're upset and angry at ourselves as well...but can't you be more polite to us about it?' Kangin uttered as a representative of all the older hyungs.

'We're sorry, so please don't get mad at us. We feel terrible honestly. Don't make it worse for us.'

 

'Now that's the problem with all of you!!' Kyuhyun didn't bother to stop his informalities and snapped.

'You're always sorry when something bad happens! You're sorry to me only after I got into that accide-' Kyuhyun abruptly stopped, realizing that he went too far. He immediately saw the hurt look on s face.

'Whatever just-just don't talk to me right now!' He said and leaned against the wall, ignoring the hurt faces of s. He didn't want to stop being angry at them so he won't give in even though he felt bad for what he said.

 

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Double update today. Enjoy and drop some comments (^-^)

Oh btw, this was inspired by a friend of mine who is an athlete and got a ruptured appendix.

She didn't even realize it because she was too busy training and worrying about the problem with her track team until a week later.

Just so you know a ruptured appendix that is not remove for days is even more dangerous because it will lead to other deathly symptoms which I'm gonna explain later in the next update.

 

So, again, ENJOY !

 

Love,

Haruhi