chap 2

coffee shop thing

How can someone look so beautiful when they're just on their phone? Chanyeol had taken a glance at Baekhyun who knows how long ago, and hasn't been able to look away. His elegant fingers tapping and scrolling away on his phone, the sunlight flowing in through the nearby window somehow further brightening his puppy eyes, his button nose scrunching as a rectangular smile appears on his face; Chanyeol can't help but smile too.

 

“Um, hello?” Chanyeol is pulled away from his daydreaming and feels his face get hot when he looks up to see someone with a confused expression on the other side of the counter.

 

Oh, right, I have a job.

 

“Oh, sorry! A medium chocolate bubble tea, was it?” Chanyeol straightened up and starting reaching for a cup.

 

“Yeth, pleathe.” A tall, thin, blonde boy said with a lisp that Chanyeol almost couldn't hold in a laugh at. Chanyeol started on the drink after the boy paid.

 

~later~

 

Chanyeol’s shift ends, and thankfully, Baekhyun was still in his comfy chair next to the heater. After much contemplation, Chanyeol decides to just go over there and maybe talk with him instead of staring at him.

 

*now Baek’s pov*

 

Baekhyun glances up when he hears someone squeakily settle into the leather chair across from him. He’s taken aback when it’s the lanky barista from earlier. To avoid any awkward eye contact, he directs his eyes back to his phone and continues scrolling. Out of the corner of his eye, he can see Chanyeol reach for magazine. Why did he choose the seat across from me??

 

Five long minutes pass before Baekhyun hears a forced cough and ‘heh’ and forgets to not look up before it’s too late and omg his smile is way cuter than it was earlier-

 

“Theweatherissonicetoday, ahem, isn’t it?” the other barely manages to mumble out. I can’t believe he used the weather for small talk, that is so lame, but oh so cute.

 

*back to Chanyeol*

 

Oh my God what am I saying. I’m so dumb why did I say that I should just apologize and leave.

 

“Heh, yeah. It hasn’t been this sunny in a while.” Baekhyun replies with a sweet smile that makes Chanyeol’s chest so warm and fuzzy, he almost forgets to continue the conversation.

 

“Yeah, it’s perfect for going on walks in the park.” Chanyeol points to the park across the street through the window, ready to be disappointed if his offer is denied.

 

Chanyeol wasn’t really expecting anything to happen between the two of them other than Baekhyun probably throwing his drink at him and yelling “Ew, you creep!”. However, he was engaged in the conversation that Chanyeol started so far...

 

“Well then, would you like to go for a walk?” Baekhyun says after locking his phone, sliding it into his pocket, and standing up, coffee cup in hand.

 

*bbh*

 

Baekhyun honestly had no idea what he was doing or why. Maybe it was because he was kinda bored, or because this guy was sweet enough to come up and talk to him (and was actually kind of cute). He could hear Jongdae saying, “or maybe because you haven’t dated anybody since high school” in the back of his mind.

 

*pcy*

 

“Uh...” words are escaping Chanyeol at the moment because wait what.

 

Baekhyun looks like he immediately regrets everything (kkaebsong lol) so Chanyeol quickly says, “yeah, sure, I mean - thatisifyouwantto.” smiling nervously, face painted rosy pink with unwanted blush, and stands up.

 

They step outside, and it’s way chillier than Chanyeol was expecting, wind blowing his and Baekhyun’s hair all over the place.

 

“It’s k-kinda c-cold, huh?” he stutters through chattering teeth.

 

“Yeah, the b-bright sun t-totally fooled us,” Baekhyun replies, shivering in his thin hoodie as they cross the street, and pick a path in the park surrounded by tall maple trees.

 

Baekhyun hopes that Chanyeol doesn’t notice him starting to drift closer as they walk along.





 

(he does)

 

 

 

 

author note thing:

this is super unrealistic i just didn't know how to continue it

and the blonde boy with a lisp may or may not be Sehun (request of a friend)

also wow i use italics a lot