chap 1

coffee shop thing

“Caramel Macchiato, please,” It was Baekhyun's first time back at the town's newest cafe since his best friend, Jongdae, had introduced him to it last week.

 

“Coming right up!” said a tall, painfully cheerful employee whose name tag read Chanyeol, “Your name?”

 

“Baekhyun.” he said, opening his wallet to fish out a couple bills to pay for his drink.

 

Chanyeol smiled as he wrote the shorter male's name on the eco-friendly cup. He then went over to start making the drink. Baekhyun picked a large, comfy seat close to a heater and pulled out his phone to text Jongdae.

 

<< to Jongdae from Baekhyun >>

Decided to visit the new coffee shop again! Wish you were here though, I have no one to talk to~~~ *sad emoji* *sad emoji* *crying emoji*

 

<< to Baekhyun from Jongdae >>

lol sorry! (wow your sarcasm is terrible)

so, what'd you get?

 

“Caramel Macchiato for Baekhyun!” he heard a familiar barista call. Wow, that was quick. He looked up to see, of course, Chanyeol, casting a frighteningly wide smile towards him. He got up and walked over, slightly hesitant.

 

“Thank you,” Baekhyun said with a more, ahem, normal-looking smile, taking his drink back to his seat.

 

<< to Jongdae from Baekhyun >>

*picture of caramel Macchiato*

Your favorite! U jelly?

 

<< to Baekhyun from Jongdae >>

Seriously, who uses “u jelly?” anymore? I mean, I am ‘jelly’ - but this isn't 2007 lmao

 

<< to Jongdae from Baekhyun >>

Whatever. You're just ‘jelly’ that I still sound cool when I use old memes. *sunglasses emoji*

 

<< to Baekhyun from Jongdae >>

‘Cool’. Sure, if that's what you wanna call it. Anyways, I see Chanyeol was your barista...

 

<< to Jongdae from Baekhyun >>

(I'm gonna let the other thing you said slide this time) Yeah. His smile kinda freaked me out.

 

<< to Baekhyun from Jongdae >>

Yeah, it belongs in a horror movie lol

 

<< to Jongdae from Baekhyun >>

Lol he was nice, though. He even wrote a little heart next to my name!

 

<< to Baekhyun from Jongdae >>

He does that with everyone, dummy. He says it's because he “makes it with love”. However, the one he drew on yours does look less sloppy than others... like he took his time drawing it just for you...

 

<< to Jongdae from Baekhyun >>

Haha, real funny. As if. I'm not even wearing eyeliner today!

 

Baekhyun knew what Jongdae was doing, and knew that it was bull. He glanced around at other cups with hearts and noticed that maybe his was a bit neater. That pen he used for mine looked pretty new, maybe that's why.

 

<< to Baekhyun from Jongdae >>

idk, he seems pretty into you *wink wonk*

 

<< to Jongdae from Baekhyun >>

oh shut up

 

He closed the messaging app and took a sip of hot coffee as he scrolled through twitter.

 

To be continued???????