Slums

My moon and stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Warning : Mention of suicide

 

Song : Pacific Rim, Canceling the apocalypse

 

 

I didn’t know where I was going to, nor what I was doing.

 

My mind was blank as I kept walking, my feet having a mind on their own. I kept my head low, watching each of my steps. I was making my way through a sea of people, in the busy streets of Gangnam.

 

Contrary to what people think, Gangnam is not just a place for the rich. There is the modern part, the one you see in Psy’s music video, with luxurious shops, beautiful cars, chic people and what not. 

 

Then you have the slums.

 

No one wants to talk about the poorest part of Seoul. Only the lowest of the lowest lived there. 

The houses, if you could call them that, were barely standing, made of cardboards, some pieces of wood and tarpaulin, the whole thing secured with tape.

 

It was a dirty and shady, and not the best place to be called home.

 

Unfortunately, it was my home.

 

When we lost our house, me and my little brother had to move in here. As you can imagine, it was a nightmare for us.

 

We no longer had a warm place to live in, that amazing villa with a garden and a swimming pool, with electricity and hot water. Now, we had to sleep on the floor, with thin blankets shielding our quivering bodies from the cold nights. We used candles in the darkness, doing as much as we could our homework.

 

We had no privacy here. Every houses were stuck to each other, some didn’t even have doors. There was only little place to form some narrow and tortuous paths to move around.

 

Everyone knew each other here, but we were not all friends.

 

Oh, and let’s not forget the worst moment.

 

When it rains.

 

Usually, you stay in b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter