oo5

NEO Generation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter05

 

Everything was the same the next day. Students still look at me with rude faces, the school still isn't welcoming and the strangest feelings are coming back at me. 
 

I am currently walking at the corridor to my first class when Ah Ri met me halfway near the bulletin board. 
 

"Morning Hye Mi!" she smiled and instantly went to my side as we walk along the somewhat longest bulletin board I've ever seen.

"Morning to you too Ah Ri." I smiled back looking directly at a group of students crowding the end of the bulletin board as were looking at something posted there. They were looking at each other while whispering something and then looked at me with a frown before walking away as we appproached the area. 

"They hate me too much eh?" I whispered to myself. 

"Don't mind them, they just feed on rumors and judge people without knowing what exactly happened." Ah Ri comforted which made me smile. 

We stopped at the end of the bulletin board and I took a glance at the thing they were looking at earlier. It was a big poster with a picture of a missing person. Probably 3 or 4 years younger than me and is wearing a middle school uniform I've seen somewhere. 
In the caption, it says: 
 

MISSING!
 

Name: MARK LEE
Age: 16 years old
Last seen: SM High's year-end party
Note: If you have seen him or knows anyone who's seen him, please contact the number ********* immediately. You may also report to SM School Office or the Local Police. 

 

I stared at the photo for a while. My mouth was hanging as I try to familiarize myself with that smiling face in the picture. He looked like someone I knew, someone I've seen from a long time ago. 
 

A trigger passed through my head again and I held onto Ah Ri for support. She immediately jumped in surprise and held me tighter for balance. 
 

"Are you okay?!" there was the sound of worry from her voice as I closed my eyes and tried to steady my breathing. I'm getting used to it now, it seems like I can properly control the pain as flashbacks of blur, blacks and white came. 

"Yeah...I'm fine. Just got a bit dizzy but I can handle it." I answered, slowly opening my eyes as I calmed down once again. 

"Are you sure." she looked at me disbelieving but I shrugged it off while smiling and saying that I am indeed fine. She sighed and let go of my arms in which she was holding and looked at the poster as well. 

"Who is he?" I had to ask.

"Mark? Uhm...well he's a student from SM Middle School and..." she hesitated for a bit, biting her lips while turning away. 

"And what?" I asked. 

"And... he is Lee Taeyong's younger brother." she continued leaving me wide-eyed by the revelation. 

"L-Lee Taeyong's brother?" I stammered. 

"Yeah, he went missing last year after following Taeyong at the party, I don't why he's there though." I nodded at the information. If this biy went missing at the same day I got into an accident and lost my memories, does that mean we were somehow related that night? Does that mean, the loss of my memories was somehow related to this missing person who turns out to be Lee Taeyong's brother? 

 

"Hey, don't think too much." Ah Ri tapped my shoulders which made me sigh and let go of the idea. 

Maybe it was all pure coincidence. I told myself as we moved our way to the classroom. 

 

xxx
 

It was already noisy when we got there. Few classmates where throwing crumpled papers at each other in which I gladly dodged as Ah Ri and I found our seats. The students paid no attention to us unless of course for a certain girl name Oh Se Rin who is throwing me those dagger looks again. 

"Good morning Taeyong oppa!" the room buzzed as Lee Taeyong together with his friends entered the classroom. All dashing and goodlooking. My eyes drifted on Lee Taeyong who is currently walking to their designated seats. I don't know if it's just me or what but I think he's trying his best not to look in our direction and instead plastered those cold and blank stares again. My head followed as they took their seats at the very back but is far away from where we were seated. He hastily moved the chair away and leaned on the wall after sitting. 
 

Unlike him, Jaehyun was all smiles while waving at my direction as he sat next to Lee Taeyong. His deep dimples showing off along with a very charming eyesmile. The rest of them looked as well waving and smiling except for a certain guy sleeping with his head on the wall. 
 

I awkwardly smiled and nodded in response feeling all the evil stares drawn at me in an instant. I blew off a deep sigh before looking straight at the window and enjoy another day's view. 

 

"Hey, Hye Mi." I turned around when Ah Ri called.

"Hmmn? Why?"

"Do you think you can go to luch alone later? I have urgent matters to attend at the Comics Club, the president won't let me off with the unfinished sketches I made last year." she said.

"Oh...that's okay, I can go on my own." I assured her. I must admit I'm a little worried about what would happen if I'm alone but I cannot always drag Ah Ri around just to accompany me. She smiled in relief and whispered a small thank you before we both turned to the front door. 

My eyes widened at the sight of Nakamoto Yuta entering the classroom. Few steps before our homeroom teacher enetered. I looked at Ah Ri with a questioning look. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter