Chapter 3

If This Isn't Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

Travis's POV

What the heck... Is Grandpa joking? Would he take back what he said if i threatened him that im snapping his neck?, or what if i give him a solid punch in his gut?... wait.... that's not right, i laugh at my thoughts then took a deep breath.

"Jesus! You have a rotten sense of humor Grandpa... You almost got me there!" i grinned at my ever so formal father.

"How funny is that, joking about cutting me off?"

My Dad remained sitting properly, and Grandpa look serious too...

Then it hit me....

!

"Your serious?" the smile i have earlier vanished.

"You bet your i am" i would have laugh with my Granpa's answer, but this situation is different, his serious but i know his bluffing...so i shrug my shoulders.

"If you do that Grandpa. it's like your saying that your cutting the connection between us, and if your really serious about that, i demand you to talk to your buddies and tell them that they can hire me now. I'm still a graduate of Military Academy and i deserve a position" im not going to give this old man the satisfaction of having me having to say sorry and beg him.

"I can do that, Travis" he answered while grinning at me

"But do you think they'd even consider hiring you, after all the police records that you have now"

Damn....This old man's right again...

"What do you want from me?" i asked him while gritting my teeth.

My bastard Grandfather smiled triumphantly and look at my Dad

"Tell him, Son" I look at my father who look so problematic

"You will work at the company, wether you like it or not" i knew it, i frowned at him

"That's it? and my bank accounts wouldnt be cancelled?"

"They are already cancelled" said Grandpa

"What!?" i exclaimed...

What the hell...this is my worst nightmare.....

"I have bills to pay every months!" im still paying the bills of my new cars every month, and dont even include my gadget collections, my electric bill itself reaches up to thirty thousand a month.

What Grandpa did is crazy....

"And that's why you need to work" i clenched my fist, damn this... im keeping myself calm....

"I never imagined myself to be the Vice President of the company at this age, If i ever thought that i'll be handling the company, im not expecting it to be now, im thinking i'd be around forty when that happen, dont you think i'm too young for the position?" i want the two of them to be discourage, that's why im doing this.

"Oh we thought about that, all right" answered my Grandfather who's smiling

Weird why is he smiling?... i got a bad feeling about this...

"So why are you giving that kind of responsibility to me, I'm just twenty-seven, for God's sake!!"

"You'll be working for the company, Travis. But you're not taking any executive position" Are they ing messing with me?...

 

"What?" i asked my Dad amused.

"You'll start off doing clerical work" my jaw dropped at Dad's answer...

ME? Travis Park, doing some clerical work?? Are they kidding me!?....

"That's right." Grandpa added.

"Minimum salary, basic benefits and a decent desk" Damn, i dont need those things...

I sighed angrily, and stared at my Dad, trying to ask for help, he cant let Grandpa do this to me, his only son...He sighed

What....

"You'll be in the Sales department Trey, the same floor as mine" Is he for real?...

"So i should be thankful for that? Were on the same floor? What comfort would i get in that?, they all know that I'm your son, then your going to let your employees, ordering me around?....Come on Dad!" i was really finding this things, ridiculous, i must be dreaming...

"There's an upside to this, Trey" said Dad.

"If you could completed working in the company for two months, without other employees complaining or you havent punch anyone, you can then be the Vice President, and we will re open all your bank accounts"

"And you will know that I'm doing well, how?" i turn to my Grandpa and asked...

My Grandfather smiled and look at the door, i followed his gazed and  i felt my ears burn hot, Jessica's standing there leaning in the door cooly, looking at me...

"Hi, Trey, Did you like the reports i made about you?" She said seductively, but her eyes say's other wise...She's mocking me.

"You !" my eyes widen and shouted with what she said...

The damn...y rolled her eyes on me then said.

"Oh dear, someone's grumpy tonight" i look at her and realize something...

"You've been spying on me!" i glared at her

"Guilty...." She smirked and shrug her shoulders..

"Travis" i heard Grandfather called me, i turned around and stare at him.

"If you decided too accept my offer, Jessica here will make sure that you do everything right, tardiness, manners, work quality and attitude, You fail one of those and you'll end up a clerk all your life, im serious" my jaw dropped in what he said...

"Better make the best of it, Travy!" that damn said that... i look at her and she's smirking..

I glared at her and took a glance both to my Dad and Grandpa.

"You let her talk to me like that?" i asked both of them in disbelief... my Dad shake his head and let his father talk.

"Well, you are a clerk after all, we can say anything to you"

Kiss my ! i wanted to yell, this is bull!...

"Im not accepting any of this bull!" they all went quiet and i breath heavily, im so pissed right now... Grandpa look at me and opened his mouth.

"Are you sure?, this is the only chance im giving you, to prove yourself Travis"

I stood up...

"If i ever wanted to prove something, that would be not letting you dictate my life... You sabotaged my future that's why i ended up a bum, i could work as a toilet cleaner and i wouldnt care, but you will not make me work in your stupid company!" i shouted...while Grandpa look so calm...

"Travis, think about it" asked my father...

"I did Dad, and i refuse" i look at Jessica, and it damn took me a while to get my attention off her beautiful face

"We are not yet done..." she smile at me playfully, while bitting her...ing kissable lips

Ugh.... she wink at me and mouted Bye-Bye....

!...

I walked out of the room... Damn that beautiful ....ugh why do i even compliment her....

Jessica's POV

I couldnt help but smirk when i saw the dejected face of Travis Park, the good-for-nothing heir to the G.Park company... the one and only heir, who never do anything, besides waste the money he doesnt even earned...

It pained me, to think that Travis, would own the company ive been working on since i graduated. And im very sure that if that happen, If Travis get the company, it will be the end of G.Park...

I always think that the person who's suited to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter