Four

The Thread That Binds Us

 

"I'm home!". Jessica shouted the moment she stepped in the mansion. With that Taeyeon ran out from her office and stopped some distance away from Jessica.

Jessica opened her arms wide towards the girl waiting for the girl to run into her embrace.  Taeyeon sprint towards Jessica and jumped into her embrace.
She missed the scent of Taeyeon even though she was only gone for a week. She missed how the girl radiates her warmth when the latter was in her arms. That made her hold Taeyeon tighter as if someone is going to snatch her away from her.

"I missed you", Jessica let out.

"I missed you too".

"I got you something from Hawaii. Wait here I left it in the car". Jessica left and return with bags of stuffs.

"Here you is yours". Jessica pulled out a seeming guitar case but it's too small to be a guitar. Taeyeon received it and open the case. Her eyes are widened with surprised.

"Jessica I must say I'm impressed. This is a good quality ukulele". Taeyeon speak without leaving her eyes off the beautiful ukulele and immediately she gets her hands on it.

"This sounds beautiful. Thanks". Taeyeon started playing it.

"Where's mine?" Hyoyeon appears out of nowhere that cause Jessica jump.

"Kim Hyoyeon can you please don't sneaked up on me like this"

"I didn't, so where's mine"

Jessica unwillingly gave Hyoyeon her present.

"Jessica! How do you know?". Hyoyeon pulled out the spear and start swinging it. The spear is armed with sharks teeth around it, Jessica can't understand why on Earth Hyoyeon wants something like that.

"You have been nagging for it a month before I went for the trip. How can I not know". Jessica gave Hyoyeon the you-are-unbelievable look.

"Sica unnie!"Seohyun was about ran towards Jessica and give a bear hug but she was stopped by a green doll in between them.

"Keroro! Sica unnie you're the best"

Jessica shook her head. "Seohyun you're 23. I don't even know what to get you except for this. I was thinking about books then I thought the tons of books in your room I back up"

"I won't mind books though but this is much better". Seohyun squeezed the doll tighter.

"Unnie, Hyoyeon made dinner for us and she swear she didn't use any cucumbers and nuts"

"Great I'm hungry". Jessica beam a smile.

All of them move to the kitchen. The sight left Jessica's mouth hanging. 

"Kim Hyoyeon! I've been gone for a week and all you made me is ramen. Give me back the spear".

"Oh com'on. I'm sorry, I kinda lost concept of time when I'm training. When I realized it the only thing I find in the kitchen are ramen.". Hyoyeon gave the sheepish smile.

"Unnie don't worry I ordered pizzas it'll be here soon."

"Seohyun, you're the best. Not like this person here" Jessica fake hurt and rest her head on Taeyeon's shoulder. 

~

"I'm full", Hyoyeon said as she stuffed another chicken chunk into
"Why did you order so much chicken". Jessica threw a piece of chicken bone toward her plate.

"I ordered family meal, how would I know it'll be this much. Jessica I'm really sorry tomorrow I'll cook to compensate for today".

"Jeez, so you still have some conscience but it's too bad. I've something on tomorrow. So you still owe a meal. A really good one!"

~

Taeyeon's POV

"Where are you-" I couldn't continue. My head felt so heavy that all I want to do right now is to lay it down.  I tried to balance my self by gripping on Jessica's arm, I glanced up at Jessica or should I say Jessicas. this is happening again isn't it. I felt myself resting in Jessica's arm and Jessica is calling out my name. After several seconds, I was able to control my body again.

"Erm, when did you guys get me here?" I'm confused another perks of having this .

"You didn't take a nap and you didn't sleep well last night" Jessica wasn't even asking she was just stating it out. She knows me way to well. I kept my mouth shut, she hates it when this happens.

"Hyoyeon, Seohyun leave us alone" They left the room without asking because they know it too well.

I hang my head low and remained on the bed while Jessica prepared herself to bed. After she's done she plopped herself next to me and then sat in silence.

"I'm sorry" I blurt it out. Jessica sigh and faced me. She doesn't appears mad she looked worried.

"Teayeon-ah, I'm not mad. There's nothing to be mad about I'm just worried about you. Both of us need sleep, I'm jet lagged and you need sleep you have recording tomorrow"

I nod and fall asleep quickly.

~

Jessica's POV

I didn't lie when I said I was tired, right after I make sure Taeyeon was asleep I follow suit quickly but I was woken by her screams.

"Come back! Wake Up!" She plead in her dreams. This is not the first time she had these horrible nightmares and her conditions made matters worse. Her nightmares were vivid as if she was replaying that exact same day over and over again. My heartache. It kills me a little every time I witness it over and over again. If only I can handle some of her pain.

"Taeyeon-ah wake up, you're dreaming" I cooed. She was wailing that scares me. This time is different it's her wail was purely sad.

"Taeyeon" I call out her name again. Again no response from her, that's odd. She's a light sleeper she should be awaken by now.

"Taeyeon!"I'm yelling at her right now.

"Taeyeon you're dreaming!"

"Taeyeon!"

"Hah...hahhh" Taeyeon's eyes popped opened. She is breathless, sweaty and confused.

"Jes...sica Ha...yeon is gone" She burst into tears. "App-a Umma, Oppa they don't have faces"

"Taeyeon-ah it's okay it's just a dream" I held her tiny body into my embrace patting her patting her shoulder attempting to calm her down.

With Tayeon finally gotten back her senses. "I'm sorry"

"Stop saying that you're sorry, you didn't want this"

"I saw Ha..yeon then Appa, Umma and Oppa are leaving with her, then their face turned blank. I can't see their faces"

"It's just a dream Taeyeon"

"Am I forgetting them? I can't remember Appa, Umma and Oppa's faces anymore"

"You won't forget them trust me have I ever lied to you?"

"No, you haven't" Her voice became softer and soon it become her mumbling about her parent and her siblings. I kept patting her shoulder until her breathing turn steady that's when I know she fell asleep again. We all know that she appeared strong but that's what she want to show us but we all know she haven't walk out from our past yet. None of us did, we just live on with our past and that's clearly not healthy. We have to and I'm going to make that happen. The day when we are able to let go of that eight months is the day we finally escape from him.