Two

The Thread That Binds Us

Taeyeon stared at the digital clock as it illuminates that it's only 4:39. She sigh and stared back at the ceiling as if it's more interesting. If she leave the room now they would know. She remained in her position till that damn clock show her 7:30. She jumped out of bed because she's sick of it. She's only doing this because she hated to see them worried about her.

She walked out of her room and to see Hyoyeon was having her breakfast. Hyoyeon is always the first person to get up every single day because of the promise she made. For the 8 years, every morning she will force herself up at 4am. That's when her morning training starts. She needs to be in the best condition in all time. Not a single time had missed her training even when she's sick or even on that day. She disciplined herself for that. A promise is a promise and damn she owed that brat.

"It happened again", Hyoyeon said without looking up at her.

Taeyeon smile sheepishly at her while scratching her non itchy neck.

Hyoyeon sigh and signal her to join her for breakfast. Taeyeon opened and said, "How did you know?"

"Just look at those dark circles. You better put some make up on before Seohyun wake up"

Taeyeon nod her head, "When is Jessica coming back?"

"Tonight, I know you missed her" as Hyoyean tidied Taeyeon's messy hair.

They continued their breakfast discussing Taeyeon's schedule for the coming month until Seohyun dragged herself into the kitchen with her eyelids half opened.

"Unnie, give me water", her voice was coarse. Her hair was disheveled and she is still in the clothes from yesterday. Seohyun had been writing her report for the entire night and she's expecting nothing but an A+ for this report. This is her last year in the medicine school before she starts her internship in the best hospital in the country. She needs a perfect grade to have her internship there. She's most probably the most diligent person you ever met. Being the youngest student to be accepted to medical school, she was to finish her 4 years schooling with a perfect grade. She's definitely intelligent but she is also hard working. For the past 8 years, she uses all her time studying to achieve what she has now. All because of the promise she made to that kid.

Hyoyeon pour a cup of water and passed it to her quickly. Seohyun quickly swallowed the liquid quickly and let out a satisfied sigh. Then she plopped herself down to the seat beside Taeyeon and rest her head on the table. Taeyeon poked Seohyun's shoulder to garner her attention and asked out of concern "Are you okay?"

Seohyun lazily raised her head, "I'm not but I'll be soon because I just nailed the re-". Before she finished her sentence she cupped Taeyeon's face.

"It happened again right? Taeyeon-ah why don't yo-". Taeyeon shook her indicating she dislike the idea.

"But you haven't been sleeping enough. That's not healthy"

"Meds made me feel worse" and she pouted, hoping Seohyun dropping the topic. Seohyun quickly pulled Taeyeon into a tight hug patting the smaller girl's back.

"Hey, Jessica is coming back tonight. Why don't we have something nice tonight, I'll cook" Hyoyeon suggested.

"My vacation will start after I hand in the report and Taeyeon will be in her room anyway"

~

After breakfast, Hyoyeon went back on continuing her training in her private training room and Seohyun made her way to school. Taeyeon went to her room and paused in front of the seemingly plain bookshelves behind her desk. She removed three books from the bookshelves.

'Click'

The plain bookshelves was no longer plain as it split into half showing a path leading to where Taeyeon has to be. She sauntered into the room. The moment she entered the room the wall behind her went back to the original state and the room got lightened up. She stopped and stood in front of huge wall filled with pictures and notes with different colored strings linking to one another on the map of Korea. Taeyeon glared at the picture of a man, she clenched her fist and tears starts to well up in her eyes. There's no words can expressed the hate she had for this man. Once again, she pulled herself up and started working again.

Her mind kept repeating one name "Park Hae Jin"