Unknown Future

Point Of No Return

“Chaerin” He muttered so deep in thoughts to actually see her. He had been silent for a while. It wasn’t easy to digest.

 

Her eyes lifted almost immediately after hearing her name. He hadn’t called her like that since they met. Her heart filled with doubt and fear of his reaction.

 

Jiyong finally met her eyes, she knew he was reading every emotion she had, he always did. “I can’t leave Kiko, but if you want to have it, I’ll support you” His eyes denoted worry. This will make their lives even more complicated than before. With him moving to Japan there will be a lot of rumors.

 

Her eyes widened at his response, he knew perfectly she wouldn’t be treated good as a single mother back in Korea. And that he won’t have much time for them. But the most important, he will be there for her.

 

Her eyes welled with tears, while she covered to suppress the sobbing.

 

“Hunchae, I’ll only ask one thing” He continued. “Kiko must not know this”

 

Chaerin dried her tears with her hands, and nodded in agreement.

If a rumor was to spread they will be in immediate trouble. But hiding it from Kiko, it will be challenging.

 

“We should tell YG” Chaerin said avoiding his gaze. She knew he will not like it, but they had no choice, they couldn't hide it from everyone.

 

Instead he just kept silent, she knew that inside he was going crazy.

 

“I won’t tell him you’re the father, don’t worry about that”

 

He was amazed how easy she could read him. But the feeling of guilt won’t disappear from his chest, making him feel his throat might suffocate him.

 

“I think I should get going” Chaerin wasn’t expecting for him to love her, she knew the only thing that connected them in that moment was their child. But it still hurt. It shouldn't, since she was the one who severed their bonds.

 

She silently stood up and started walking to the exit, until she felt his grasp, and turned to look at him. He got up, pulled her closer and hugged her as if his life depended on it, hiding his face in her neck as he used to do.

 

“I’m sorry” She felt his tears in her neck and couldn’t stop herself from returning the embrace, letting go of the tears that she kept holding since before.

 

“It’s ok oppa, it was our fault after all” She said trying to sooth him, when she was the one that needed it the most.

 

And without a word he left money on the table, took her by the hand and drove her outside where his black lamborghini was parked.

 

The rain was still falling mercilessly, as if the sky was crying because of them. The silence that installed between them wasn’t awkward at all, but reassuring.

 

When they arrived both entered her apartment, Chaerin knew it was too late to travel back to the hotel he was staying in. And she still had to go get her car.

 

She could see the dark circles under his eyes, the least she wanted to cause him was more trouble.

 

“Oppa, there’s a sofa bed in the living room, or if you want the bed, I don't mind sleeping in the sofa” She pointed out while walking to her room to change her clothes.

 

“I'll take the sofa” He said walking slowly toward it.

 

When he sat there, he turned to look out the big window. The view was amazing, but it made him feel lonely.

 

“If you want a change of clothes, I have some of your shirts” She said smiling softly leaning in the door frame.

 

“I'm scared” He kept his eyes fixed on the astounding view.

 

“Me too” She lowered her head. “Maybe I should rent an apartment in France, I don't think I can bring the baby up in Korea after all” She connected their eyes again “I don't think I can face my mother, and ever since Ha Rin is in hospital my mother has been… distant”

 

He ran a hand through his hair. Again.

 

“We have time to think what are we going to do, for now let's just go to sleep” Jiyong proposed, seeing her lost.

 

”Yeah”

 

Late at night Jiyong still couldn't sleep, his head was spinning, filled with worries and insecurities, fear.

 

He got up and walked half asleep to Chaerin’s room. There was one thing that made him completely calmed.

 

He slowly sat on the bed and took her into his arms.

 

She was startled at first but then she calmed down and returned the embrace. Having her head on his chest allowed her to hear his heartbeats. Both felt their worries wash away as they remembered how they used to be.

 

 


 

 

Kiko was pacing in her apartment, Jiyong didn't answer his phone and she was well aware of his connection with Chaerin. She felt insecure, she still had doubts about their relationship.

 

But she didn't hate her, Kiko just had some grade of mistrust when it came to her and Jiyong. She wasn't dumb, their bonds were strong.

 

The exhaustion won over her jealousy, and she decided to go to sleep and call him again tomorrow.

 

----------

 

The orange light from the early morning lightened up the room slowly, waking Chaerin up.

 

“Oppa, your phone is ringing” Chaerin tried to break the embrace they kept the whole night, but he didn't let her.

 

She peeked over his shoulder to see who was it, Kiko’s name was big on the screen, turning on every alarm on her brain.

 

“Oppa! It's Kiko!” Chaerin shook him alarmed.

 

At the sound of Kiko’s name, Jiyong sat up and took his phone quickly.

 

“Yeoboseyo”

 

Chaerin felt the need to leave the room, but she wasn't sure why. The mix of feelings blinded her.

 

When she was about to stand up, Jiyong took her wrist while he spoke. They weren't talking about anything special.

 

She stopped hearing the conversation when she felt absorbed by his bright smile and sweet gaze.

 

She thought about their child and hoped for him or her to have his smile.

 

“-nchae?...”

 

“Hunchae”

 

She snapped back to reality when she heard his voice. Her hand was now free and Jiyong was looking at her waiting for her response.

 

“What?”

 

“I have to leave, do you want me to drop you by the studio? To get your car I mean” He offered while he changed his shirt and grabbed his cell phone.

 

“Yeah, sure”

 

Jiyong stopped just about to reach the door and let out a sigh turning to face her.

 

“What happened?”

 

He looked at the floor and then to her eyes “Kiko is coming”

 

“To the states?” Chaerin asked surprised and serious.

 

“Yeah, she asked me to pick her up at the airport” Jiyong sighed again closing his eyes.

 

“What shou-” Chaerin was interrupted by an incoming call.

 

She froze at the sight of the name, she completely forgot. Alarmed, she looked at his eyes seeking help.

 

“It's YG”

 

He stared at her reading her mind and sharing the worry.

 

“Yeoboseyo” She answered.

 

Jiyong looked at her speak, after some minutes he saw her widen her eyes and deny something, he just hoped it wasn't what he thought.

 

She hanged up, and as if she was in a trance. Staring at nowhere.

 

“Hun-” He started, but couldn't finish because she became pale and fell. But he was faster and caught her before falling.

 

 


 

Chaerin woke up in her bed, it was already late and Jiyong was nowhere to be seen.

 

She directed her gaze to her bedside table and saw a neatly written paper.

 

“Hunchae,

                  make sure you rest properly. I went to a store and bought you dinner, make sure you eat everything.

I went to fetch Kiko. If you feel bad again let me know.

 

Jiyong.”

 

If he knew what YG told me, she thought.


 

 



 

 

I’m sooooooooooooooooooooo sorry! I didn’t like how it is written, and I’ve been trying to fix it. I did as best as I could.

I’ve been short of inspiration.