Smoke and Sunset

Point Of No Return

Chae Rin woke up that morning as fresh as she slept. She looked at her bed, she saw her best friend, her best lover, her best partner. Smiling, she entered the bathroom and took a long bath, she had to meet her mother, and then a meeting with YG. When she came out, already dressed, she saw Ji Yong walking out of their bedroom with messy hair and wearing big clothes.

 

“Morning” He said half asleep getting close to her and sneaking his hands around her waist.

 

She smiled and put her hands around his neck. “Morning” She answered.

 

“Do you want me to take you?” He asked.

 

“No, it's fine” She laughed.

 

He put a strand of hair behind her ear. “How could I be so blind all this time?”

 

She looked at the floor, avoiding his gaze. She still felt kind of sad whenever he mentioned his past with Kiko, and he noticed it.

 

“Hey, I'm sorry I never meant to-” He was silenced by a tiny kiss in the lips.

 

“it's okay Oppa, it's not your fault”

 

After having breakfast together Chaerin left their house. But she didn't head off to YG, as she had told Jiyong, she had another destination.

 

When she entered the coffee store there were few people, among all she could notice her mother sitting in the farthest table. She made visual contact with her, preparing for her mother's complaints.

 

Once she sat, the old woman remained calm taking a sip of her tea. Once she put down the mug she looked coldly into her daughter’s eyes.

 

“I thought you wouldn't come” Her mother started. “I thought you wouldn't be able to show your face to me” She spit the words like poison.

 

Chaerin only blinked. “I have done nothing wrong to be avoiding you” She stared back at her mother who started laughing sarcastically.

 

“You left your sister to die” She pointed at Chaerin with her finger whispering. “You didn't leave a single won for the treatment”

 

“You never asked for money, you just took it” Chaerin was slowly raising her voice. “You never asked me if I wanted to do something, you just used me to make you rich” She got closer to her mother . “But you know what, I've grown up and you won't take my happiness away from me anymore”

 

She walked out of the place looking confident and strong, but once she laid a foot on the street teardrops started to fall from her eyes. But she didn't want to call Jiyong, she didn't want to worry him specially because he knew everything that happened with her family.

 

The woman whispered for herself still sitting inside the café. “It’s too early to take that for granted darling”

 

Chaerin checked her phone and decided she will look for her sister, hoping their mother hadn't involved her in all that.

 

Building up all the walls once more, she took a taxi and went to her old house.

 

She was deep in thoughts all the way to her destination, thinking about all the possible outcomes of all her mother doings. None of them were good.

 

When the car stopped outside her house, Chaerin got out and after taking a look at the building all her memories flooded her mind. She entered in a trance hoping she would be strong enough to face the past without wavering.

 

She opened the door and closed it when she was inside. It wasn't a big house, but it was warm and nice.

 

Walking to the kitchen she saw her sister having breakfast. She looked at her surprised to see her there.

 

“Chaerin-ah” Harin spoke slowly and got up. “I've missed you” she finished hugging her.

 

Chaerin stood there surprised and relieved. She hugged her sister back. “I've missed you too”

 

She thanked to the heavens her sister hadn't been brainwashed by her mother. She let her guard down since it's been so long since she held her sister in her arms.

 

 


 

 

Jiyong sat in the studio with Teddy and Tablo checking the new songs. They had been at it for at least 4 hours, it was getting dark outside but they didn't have the intention of stopping.

 

“It's going to be hard on BigBang, specially on you, since you're the leader” Teddy spoke with his eyes fixated in the computer screen. “I've heard you've got a long schedule”

 

“Yeah, but I'm glad we're back, I missed all this” Jiyong answered honestly getting the hair away from his eyes while he was at it.

 

“Guys I'll finish this and I'll have to go, I've got a meeting in 20 minutes” Tablo spoke watching the computer screen he was working on.

 

“You both can go, I'll finish it” Jiyong offered.

 

“You should rest while you can man” Teddy answered amused. “Ahh kids nowadays, so full of energy”

 

“I'm done, sorry for leaving you guys finish the rest, I'll make it up to you” He said to storm of the room after saying goodbye.

 

After 10 minutes Tablo left, the door was opened again, but this time was Taeyang. He greeted both men and sat in the chair Tablo left empty.

 

“Need help?” Taeyang said.

 

“Nah, just a little bit more and we're done” Jiyong brushed off casually.

 

The three spent 1 hour more, that went away amongst jokes and coffee until it was finally finished.

 

“I feel like I've been hit by a train” Teddy exclaimed stretching out.

 

“Good job guys” Jiyong said yawning. He glanced at his wrist clock and almost jumped, it was almost 2 o’clock.

 

“I'll get going” Teddy said while heading outside.

 

“Yeah, me too” Taeyang added.

 

“I'll grab my things and meet you outside” Jiyong said and both Teddy and Taeyang nodded leaving the room.

 

Jiyong was looking for his jacket when his phone rang. He picked it up without looking at the number.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

A 5 second long silence took over the line. He was about to hang up when someone spoke.

 

“Ji?”

 

A female voice filled his ears surprising him.

 

“Kiko?” He asked confused checking the number. It was definitely her. “What do you need?”

 

“Why so harsh?” She said in a hurt tone of voice. “Nevermind, I called because I need to make things clear with you so I can move on”

 

“You want to meet me” He read her intentions almost immediately.

 

“Yeah, but just like two acquaintances”

 

He thought about it for a bit and thought it wouldn't harm him. “Arasso, when do you want to meet?”

 

“At 6 at the café we always went to” She sounded happy and relieved.

 

“Fine, I have to go” He said to hang up seconds later.

 

He felt strange when he heard her voice. It’s been a long time since he did, but it didn’t confuse him. He was glad he was with Chaerin, he didn’t regret his decision at all.

 

When he was about to head outside,  Jiyong heard footsteps getting away. He ignored them since it might be someone who was leaving the building. He shrugged and called Chaerin to notify her he was going home while leaving the room.

 

 


 

 

“If you work this hard you’ll get sick” Chaerin said worried when Jiyong entered the house. “I’ll make some tea, hang on”

 

“If I get sick you can take care of me” He replied teasing her while leaving his coat in the couch and following her to the kitchen.

 

Chaerin laughed while serving the tea in the cups. “Sure” She answered placing a quick kiss while she passed by to the bedroom with both cups in her hands. Leaving him completely speechless, with a dumb smile on his face.

 

Nothing could go wrong, everything went the way it was supposed to.

 

Right?

 

 



I'm so sorry for making you wait this long. I've been attacked with tests and problems. I promise I'll try to update asap. I know how it feels when you are reading a story and the author doesn't update for a long time, and when he/she does, you don't remember what was the last thing you read. I hope you enjoyed it, if you have any suggestions please comment them so I can write a better story ^^.

Sorry for he long A/N. Love you lots ♥