Sweet Surrender

Etched in Eternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin shifted nervously in the velvet upholstered booth where he sat, waiting for Jungkook to return with drinks.  When he'd agreed to come out that night, he hadn't realized how very popular his was with the community that gathered in this club.  They hadn't even had to take a place in the line that seemed to wrap around the block, because the bouncer had noticed Jungkook as they were approaching the club.  They'd stopped to chat, Jimin hugging his leather jacket closer to his body as people seemed to look right past him.  It hadn't stopped there.  Once in the doors, they'd been swarmed by a group of friends offering drinks and dances.  At least Jungkook had been quick to turn them away and find a booth.  “Okay, we both need a drink.  If you wait here I promise I'll be back in no time, hyung.” the younger man had offered, and the older had sunk into the plush cushions.

Now Jimin wondered if Jungkook really was coming back.  Maybe he'd been swarmed again, simply absorbed into the crowd of bodies that were already swaying together on the dance floor.  Of course he had heard of these places before.  Even Yoongi had frequented the Mateless clubs before he'd met Marie, but it was something entirely different to be there.  As he waited, he thought back to just how he'd wound up there in the first place.

 

“Wait, so you mean – not at all?  For over two years?”  Jungkook's eyes were wide with disbelief as he stared at Jimin, who was propped on one of the barstools, sipping a cup of coffee.  He'd just come in from a night out, and the older man couldn't help but notice the purplish marks on his collar bone, his beautifully dishevelled hair, the way his eyeliner was smudged almost as if by an artist's hand.  So he'd asked how often Jungkook went out – and how often he came home when he did go out.

The question had been innocent enough, or so he'd thought.  Jungkook didn't seem particularly offended, but it had brought out his curiosity.  Did Jimin ever go out?  Had he dated anyone?  Had he, at least, gotten laid?  The answer was no, definitely not.  The boy's jaw was slack with shock as he stared at his roommate, who simply shook his head no in response to the question.

“I mean.  I've only... I mean Yoona and I were so young when we met,” Jimin stumbled over his answer as onyx eyes seemed to sear through his skin.  His hands shook slightly as he set the mug down, shifting to slide off the bar stool. “I... you know I've never had to, you know... put myself out there,” he swallowed, shifting his gaze.

Jungkook shook his head, physically forcing himself from the daze he was in.  “I can't... Two years? How do you even get up in the morning, hyung?”  The frown that deepened in Jimin's features was enough to have him raising his hands in defence.  “Alright, fair enough.  Look... maybe you should come out with me sometime?”

Jimin paused at the suggestion, and then it was his turn to stare, wide-eyed and uncertain at his roommate.  “You mean... to a club?”

“We'll come home after.  Or... whatever you want.  I just – I think it would be really good for you.  You've been working and training so hard, you owe it to yourself to let loose, relax a little.”  Jimin had wanted to argue, but the earnest look in his roommate's eyes held him at bay.  There was a kindness there, a sort of soft, gentle pleading, as if his mental health really mattered to Jungkook.  The way his heart started to race overwhelmed the defences that had been ready in his mind, and soon he was agreeing to this plan.

 

“Hyung?” Jungkook's voice finally cut through, and Jimin blinked up at the man, whose eyes were laced with concern where he knelt in the booth. “Hey, are you alright?  Too many people?”  The question came with a certain sweetness, a soft smile and a comforting hand on Jimin's shoulder.  

“Or... something.  It's a lot all at once,” Jimin nodded, closing his eyes a moment longer to clear his vision before he opened them fully, sitting up a little straighter against the cushions.  Jungkook's hands busied themselves in dragging the drinks across the table – something stronger than beer to help ease the nerves.  Jimin could hardly remember the last time he'd had a highball, but his fingers laced around the glass of vodka and sprite and his sipped gratefully at the elixir.  “I'm not necessarily surprised, but it seems like you have a lot of friends here,” he mused, eyebrows quirking at his companion.

Jungkook shrugged, lips curving into an almost-smug smile before he sipped at his own drink.  “Well, I've been around a little while, I guess.  This is sort of my second home.  Actually it's really been the most consistent thing in my life over the last couple years, aside from the band,” he explained.  

“Believe it or not, there was a time when I went dancing pretty frequently,” Jimin pointed out, setting his drink on the table.  “We sort of had a regular Friday night date going for a while there.  Dress up, drink a little too much, lose ourselves in the music,” he remembered, a soft smile possessing his features.  It somehow seemed appropriate that it was a club he was at now, dressed in a pair of leather pants that hadn't seen the light of day in three years.  

“Well, hopefully you can keep up with us then, old man,” Jungkook teased, earning a playful punch to his shoulder.  

“Hey, who're you calling old?” sang a new voice, and a man with brilliant purple hair was shimmying into the booth at Jimin's side.  “Don't mind the brat,” he practically purred as he took in Jimin's appearance, holding out a hand.  “I'm Hansol.  And what, pray tell, would your name be, handsome?”  His eyes glistened with a sort of hunger Jimin hadn't witnessed in years, and he couldn't help the tingle that crawled down his spine or the way his senses all seemed to spike in response to the new presence.

Jungkook laughed, his tone almost uneasy at the arrival of the third party.  “Hmm, as I recall you prefer it when I'm less compliant,” he smirked, taking another long sip from his drink.  “Hansol, this is Jimin.  He's my roommate,” he introduced, leaning forward a touch.

Jimin reached his hand out, ready to shake the one that was offered, put Hansol was quick to lift the presented palm to his lips, ghosting a passing kiss to the back of his fingers.  “A pleasure to meet you, Jimin,” the man hummed, releasing his hand and leaning back in the booth.  His arm draped over the back of the booth, not quite falling onto Jimin's shoulders, but the newcomer to the club could sense the intention buzzing between them.  He was quick to grasp his glass, finishing the remainder of his drink all too quickly.

“Round two for the gentlemen,” a cocktail waitress smiled as she delivered the drinks, winking at Jungkook with a little wiggle of her hips.  She'd bent low over the table while delivering the cocktails, and seemed to slither slowly to her upright position.  

Jungkook's face was possessed by a goofy grin as he watched her, and he lifted his own glass – which was still quite full – in her direction. “Thanks for taking care of us, Eunji,” he winked, and with a giggle the waitress was on her way again.

Jimin couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips at the look on his roommate's face.  “So, is that the winning look that keeps you from coming home until the morning after?”  He grinned at the youngest among them, but it was Hansol who piped in.

“Oh no, darling,” he laughed deeply, hand finally falling to Jimin's shoulder as he leaned in toward the other two.  “He's not nearly drunk enough to make that face, yet.”  His baritone seemed to vibrate through Jimin's body, setting him alight with intrigue.  “And I would daresay that you could definitely use that second round about now, hm?”  His face was inches away, and Jimin felt the familiar flush come to his cheeks as he nodded.  Oh, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter