The Results

Life as an Idol’s Sister is Never Boring [BEING RE-WRITTEN]

 

Your POV.

“It that you had to go last.” Hara complained. “Why does Jae-Hwa always get what she wants? It’s not like she is the best or anything.”

“Shhhhh!” You looked around worriedly. “Did you forget there are cameras everywhere?”

Hara flinched. “Oops it must’ve slipped my mind. It’s so hard to be aware of them and at the same time not act awkward.”

“I know what you mean.” Victoria said as she eyed the cameramen wearily.

“Anyways…” Hara continued. “It isn’t fair how the order was decided.”

You just shrugged your shoulders. “It didn’t really bug me in all honesty. Ryeowook-oppa was very good about having to dance it 15 times despite being obviously exhausted.”

Ailee raised her eyebrows at you. “Ryeowook-oppa huh?”

Blushing slightly you raised your head. “He’s the one who told me to call him that.”

“Really? You seriously get all the attention. It’s not fair! You even get a celebrity for a br…” Quickly you lunged towards Ailee clasping your hand over .

“Don’t finish that sentence.” You warned her.

You waited until she nodded her head before slowly dropping your hand.

“A little fight over the selections girls?” The PD asked as she walked in followed by the secretary and Dong-Sun.

“There’s no trouble here PD-nim. Ailee just had something on her face I was trying to wipe off.” You lied smoothly.

“Of course that’s what was going on Melody-ssi. I must’ve been mistaken.”

Her words clearly said she was fooled, but the expression in her eyes said the opposite. Luckily you were saved from further questioning when Ryeowook and s reentered the room.

“Gather around ladies it looks like Ryeowook-ssi has come to his decision.” The secretary ordered.

The 15 of you lined up in front of the judges and cameras to await the announcement of the winner. Nervously you played with your necklace out of habit as you watched Ryeowook step to the front.

“First off I’d like to thank you all for putting in such an amazing effort for my showcase it really means a lot to me. Secondly I want to express to you how impressed I was with every single one of your performances, unfortunately I can only choose one person as my partner. Don’t despair though because there will be other spots as backup dancers, which is still a great opportunity.”

This decision was clearly hard on his kind personality and you smiled gently at him in encouragement.

“There are many reasons for my choice tonight. One of them being that the young lady I chose matches the look I am going for. Some of you do not visually fit the image of the song and for that you were not considered even though your dancing was satisfactory. I’m truly sorry for that. However the girl I chose is equally as skilled and has not been picked solely on looks. She was able to interact with me on a level far surpassing others making me feel instantly comfortable despite this song being a new concept for me. Her unique attitude and playfulness I think will make for an interesting stage that the audience can look forward to. That being said I’d like to congratulate Melody on her selection as my dance partner.”

Shocked you dropped your hand from your necklace and stared dumbly at a random spot on the wall while the announcement sunk in. When it did you ran forward and swooped Ryeowook-oppa up in a fierce hug.

“Thankyouthankyouthankyou!” You mumbled over and over again.

Feeling a tap on your shoulder you realized you’d been squeezing Ryeowook for quite some time. “Oops.” You said cutely as you took a step back.

Suddenly the tension in the room was lifted as Donghae laughed at Ryeowook’s obvious embarrassment over being hugged. Sometimes it was hard for you to remember you were in Korea where touches between opposite genders were rare unlike in the states where hugging between friends of both es happens daily. A few short announcement’s later and the contest was over leaving you with your friends, enemies, and of course a few cameras.

The PD not missing her opportunity ambushed you. “So Melody-ssi how do you feel about being chosen?”

You tried to look for an escape, but found none. “Naturally I’m very happy about it. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I’m lucky to even be a part of in the first place.”

“Do you think there will be a lot of jealousy between you and the other girls?”

Why does she always have to ask such difficult questions?

“I hope that they will be understanding and supportive of Ryeowook’s decision. As he said we are all amazing dancers, but only one could be chosen. We should all be mentally prepared for rejection, since I’m sure in the future there will be times when things won’t go our way.”

She smiled. “Well said Melody. You managed to answer that question quite nicely. Moving on, since this is big news do you have anyone you’d specifically like to tell it to?”

“I suppose I’d like to tell my family and a few friends, but mainly I just want to celebrate with my roommates right now, who are clearly waiting for me.” You said tactfully dismissing yourself from her company to go by Hara and the others.

“You should’ve been a politician not a singer with that quick tongue of yours.” She said before allowing you to escape.

As soon as you got away Ailee and everyone else jumped on you. Their voices were too loud and confusing for you to distinguish them, but they were all words of congratulatory. Once they settled down you were finally able to get a word in edge wise.

“Okay, ok I get it. You are all happy for me.”

“Obviously not everyone is.” Mi-Na said while looking over at the group of seniors. “Why don’t we move our little party somewhere else?”

“Good idea.” Hara agreed while she dragged you by the hand out to the hall. Some of the cameramen split off to follow your small group.

“Where are we going?” You asked suspiciously.

Hara still holding your hand looked over her shoulder to see you. “Why do you always have to think we are up to no good? We just want to go someplace less hostile ok?”

“Fine!”

A short while later you reached your old practice room from when you were just a regular trainee. Opening the door Hara ushered you inside.

“Guys why is it so dark? Turn on the lights or something.”

Suddenly the room was brightly lit making you blink your eyes.

“Surprise!!! Happy Birthday Mel!”

The room was colorfully decorated with streamers and balloons everywhere and Ailee was holding what looked like a homemade birthday cake complete with candles. Looking down at your wrist watch you read the time, 12:32 am. Oh my god today is my birthday and I didn’t even realize it with all the chaos of the competition.

Tears began to form in your eyes as you looked at the grinning faces of your best friends. “Seriously… I-uh-I don’t even know where to begin. Just thank you, um yea thanks for being such amazing friends and remembering.”

“Make a wish!” Ailee said cheerfully after they finished singing Happy Birthday to you. It was cute how they spent the time to learn it in English just for you.

Closing your eyes you blew out the candles before giving every one of them a hug. You then sat down to opening gifts with a smear of frosting of your face thanks to Amber. Mostly you got clothes and accessories from Hara. Amber got you a sweet baseball cap with Elmo on it, while Victoria gave you some homemade dishes from China she had her grandmother send. Ailee, who knew about your obsession with shoes, got you a new pair of Nikes with neon green and blue detailing. Mi-Na’s gift was surprisingly one of the most thoughtful. She got you a copy of the key to open up any dance studio in the building. You weren’t sure how she got it, but it probably had to do with her connection to the CEO. Regardless it was awesome.

The cameramen got bored partway through your gift unwrapping and decided to leave giving you some much needed privacy.

“We have one more gift for you, but we had to make sure we wouldn’t be busted in on by the cameramen first.”

“Uh oh what is it that you couldn’t possibly give it to me in public?”

“Well they could’ve, but it might’ve caused quite the scandal.”

Instantly recognizing the voice your draw dropped in amazement as Taemin walked through the door wearing an adorable bow and ribbon on his head.

“Oh my… I-I, this is… how did you?”

He smiled into your hair as he wrapped you up into a hug. “Did you honestly think I wouldn’t know about your birthday even though you never told me when it was?”

“I didn’t…I wasn’t sure…” Your words got lost into his shirt and you felt tears burning in the back of your eyes.

He chuckled, obviously finding amusement at your discomfort. “So it’s not just me that is the gift, though you seem pretty happy with it so far.”

You punched him lightly in the shoulder.

“Hey do you want the gift or not? I don’t approve of violence.” He said teasingly.

“I want it.” You murmured quietly.

“What was that?”

“I said I want it!” You said more loudly this time.

Smiling he reached into his jacket pocket and pulled out as small pink box. Carefully you took it and began to unwrap it. The most gorgeous charm was staring up at you from its soft bed of black velvet. It was sterling silver star with studded diamonds around the edges. The center was cut out of it leaving a small groove along the inside. Upon closer inspection you noticed there was some word engraved on the inside.

“Want me to tell you what it says?” Taemin asked.

You nodded currently at a loss for words.

“It says ‘until the day we are able stand on the same stage’. It’s my silent promise to you that I will wait until you fulfill your dreams and become one of the biggest stars in the world. It is also a reminder for you that my thoughts are always with you even when we must be far apart. I wanted to give you something to make you feel more secure in what we have. The loop should be big enough for you to slip it on the same chain as your brother’s necklace, since I knew you would never trade one for the other.”

With shaking fingers you slipped your current necklace off and slid the new pendant on. You then turned around to let Taemin re-hook it at the base of your neck feeling a slight tingle as his fingertips brushed the exposed skin. While he was working the tiny clasp he leaned down next to your ear to whisper.

“I really want to kiss you right now, but all your friends are watching.”

Feeling suddenly bold you turned around and hooked your arms around his neck digging your hands into his hair. “I don’t care.” You whispered just before you kissed him. 

 

 

 

A/N: New chapter... Enough said. Comment, subscribe, and all that good stuff. Love you all! -Sarah