The Pact

Life as an Idol’s Sister is Never Boring [BEING RE-WRITTEN]

 

Your POV-SMent

You could tell you were starting to get tired as you felt more hits began to land on your body. If you could just hold out until your friends returned then that was all that mattered. A split second too late you noticed a blow coming straight for your head and you closed your eyes in anticipation. Only the blow never came. Shocked you looked over at the tiny figure of Mi-Na, who was standing directly between you and the offender.

“That is enough. This is going way beyond the allotted punishment between Sunbaes and Hoobaes.”

“Stay out of this newbie, unless you want to join her.” Jae-Hwa spat out.

Mi-Na turned her icy eyes towards the crowd of people daring them to step closer. Nobody moved. At this time you noticed that a lone figure was leaning against the wall not participating. You recognized her immediately as Hyorin. I wonder why she isn’t doing anything.

Unfortunately Jae-Hwa wasn’t intimidated by the petite Mi-Na for long. Her doll-like appearance didn’t exactly help her seem tough. Just as quickly as it stopped it started up once again, only this time you had Mi-Na as back up.

Suddenly the door burst open successfully causing everyone to freeze.

“What is going on here?” A tough male voice yelled out.

You were unable to identify him because of the human wall in front of you though his voice did sound familiar. Jae-Hwa at that point attempted to make up some lame excuse only to be cut off again by the same man.

“Enough I don’t want to hear it. Just get out of here right now and hope I don’t report this incident to the director.”

The scene strangely reminded you of when an ant hill is kicked and they swarm out in all directions to escape. Before too long the room was empty of everyone but the mystery man, your friends, and Mi-Na.

“Oh my god Melody you are the most insane, most infuriating best friend I’ve ever had!” Hara yelled as she ran towards you quickly pulling you into a hug.

Instantly you felt the adrenaline leave your body and you all but collapsed into her arms. Slowly the two of you sank to the floor a mess of cuts and bruises. One of you or both of you were shaking, though it was difficult to tell who it actually was. The rest of your friends knelt down next to you and for the first time you were able to take in their appearance.

They all looked a little worse for wear, but there were no serious injuries that you could see. Hardly any of their faces had a mark. Apparently the seniors were smart enough to keep away from the noticeable spots on your bodies.

“What is she doing here?” Hara asked, finally having noticed Mi-Na’s presence.

“Back off Hara she saved me from what could’ve been a very dangerous blow to the head.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me. This little pipsqueak stood up for you?”

Mi-Na bristled at the insult. “Yes I did! So what of it?”

“Enough ok? Just take my word for it alright?” You said tiredly. Regaining your feet you saw the dance instructor Dong-Sun standing off to the side. “What are you doing here?”

“Oh that’s who Taemin said to get.” Hara quickly explained.

Tilting your head to the side you silently contemplated what very little you knew of the guy. He was an excellent teacher no doubt and for the most part was kind when it came to giving criticism. However it was still difficult to trust him completely after he ignored the bullying earlier in the evening.

“So what made you decide to help now and not earlier?” You asked.

He let out an exhausted sigh and rubbed his eyes. “Listen I don’t like what goes on here anymore than you do, unfortunately that is just the way it is. All the higher ups accept it as a part of the whole process. It is sick and twisted, I know, but I can’t do anything about it.”

“You could try…”

“Believe me I have. I’ve only been here a few years and every time I’ve tried to stop something I get reprimanded. I nearly lost my job the first time I ended a fight.” His face clearly showed his inner turmoil and your sympathy went out to him. It wasn’t your intention to make him suffer like this.

“It’s ok we understand right girls?”

Taking pity on him your friends quietly voiced their agreement.

“So what do we do now?” Victoria asked.

“I’m not sure.” You said while looking at Dong-Sun hoping he could help give you some direction.

“Ok here’s what I can do for you girls. I will do my best to protect you from as much of the physical bullying as I can while you are in my company, but in exchange I need you to promise me something.”

Suspicious you waited for him to tell you what he wanted…

“You have to promise me that another incident like today will never happen again. I want you all to try your best to swallow your pride and follow the rules. I know they , but every new kid has to go through the same thing even the ones who are torturing you right now.”

“But that doesn’t make it right!” Hara yelled.

Placing a calming hand on her shoulder you spoke to Dong-Sung in a deadly quiet voice. “So in exchange for taking their smaller abuses you will protect us from the more dangerous ones.”

“Yes that about sums it up I guess…”

“Deal.”

Chaos erupted after your agreement. Victoria started muttering a string of curses in Mandarin, while Ailee and Amber were yelling at you in a mixture of English and Korean. Hara and Mi-Na on the other hand were silent. The look on your instructor’s face was hilarious as he witnessed the unique argument going on. Patiently you sat through it all until it subsided.

“Can I have a chance to explain myself please?” You asked. Not hearing any protests you began to give them your reasons. “First off if I can stop anything like today from ever happening again I’d gladly take a little abuse. I know if we stick together we can weather the storm and come out stronger from it. Second if we let them think they beat us they are bound to let their guard down and we can get some of our own revenge, though we will have to be extremely careful not to get caught.”

Ailee was the first to speak. “I think it’s a good idea. Today was something that should never be repeated. I can handle whatever they can dish out at us as long as we do it together.”

You were so grateful for her words of support that you pulled her into a hug. “Thanks.”

“I agree. It’s worth a shot if it means we can get back at them if only a little bit.” Amber spoke up. Everyone else quickly followed suit voicing their own opinions, until the only person who hadn’t spoken was Mi-Na.

Placing out your hand you waited for her to take it. “Come on Mi-Na you are one of us now.”

Hesitantly she reached out her hand and nodded. That night a pact was made between the 6 of you stronger than any promise. You invited Mi-Na to move into your room so she wouldn’t have to be isolated on the other floor by herself. It would be a little crowded, but your futon was big enough for two. On your way out the door Dong-Sun stopped you.

“Care to tell me how you got Taemin to call me all but ordering me to help you?”

Tossing your hair over your shoulder in irritation you snapped at him. “No I don’t care to tell you and it is none of your business. Now if you’ll excuse me if I don’t seem grateful for all your help, but I still think you are a coward and I’d like to go home.” Sweeping out the door you didn’t even bother to look back at his stunned face.

Once you were safely back at the dorms the 6 of you trooped into your bedroom without a word to the seniors. It was a night that solidified your friendship as you nursed each other’s wounds and contemplated the time when you could get your sweet revenge.

Holding an ice-pack to your cheek you shakily dialed Taemin’s number.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hey Oppa…” You said nervously.

“God Mel are you ok, when Hara called me you don’t know how much I wanted to rush over there.” His worry was practically radiating from his every word.

“I’m hanging in there.”

“That’s my girl. I just wanted to make sure you were doing alright. You gave me quite a scare earlier today.”

“I know. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. It makes me really happy to know that out of everyone you called me.”

“Thanks.”

“For what Mel?”

“For always being there to save me. I don’t think I’ve ever properly thanked you before.”

“Oh baby girl I’ll always be there…”

“I know.”

“Sleep tight ok?”

“Mmm you too.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: Whoohoo finally safe.Hope you like the new chapter. Now I'm off to go downtown with some of my girls. Have a great night everyone and as always don't hesitate to let me know what you think. -Sarah