Rather To Say

Yours Truly, Minatozaki Sana

 

About The Author

 

Hi everyone, this is Minatozaki Sana.

 

Launching straight into the topic of love would be very cliche and weird but then… there's nothing much to be said about me, really. Just, I would think that if there was a prize for having the strangest personality, I would probably stand a chance of winning. As so I was told by many…

 

Well, one thing is for sure. Minatozaki Sana does not do well with love.

 

What can I say?

 

My previous stories are all void of that particular genre, almost as if it never existed in my world. An unwritten taboo. Many questions filled my mind as I thought why. When finally the opportunity of producing a romance novel came, it ended up a disaster. I wasn’t even surprised.

 

Love is like a storm.

 

It came disguised as a warm summer’s drizzle. I let my guard down to embrace it, only to discover the tornado I had in my very arms. I bled while cradling it. The plasters could stop the bleeding but the scars remained after. That, I slowly learnt.

 

So Love came and left... just as quickly as it could.

 

The after-effect of the storm left me injured and defeated. It left me in the kind of pain that I thought I wouldn’t be able to live anymore. The kind of pain that made me want to feel hurt desperately in another part of my body.

 

Then I remembered there were the letters I wrote before and decided to continue them. Writing those letters kept my sanity in check. It was a form of closure I guess. Not quite enough but I was almost content just having something to do. Anything at all.

 

Basically, this book isn’t about me learning to get over the hurt of a first love but rather, to say the words…



 

***




 

The afternoons for the past week had been tediously exhausting. All the preparation done just for her book signing event today.

 

Finally…  Her dream came true. Her book was out.

 

Half a year was what it took for the girl to pen down her chapters, pouring her inner thoughts out and finally they were made into this very book. This book where people were queuing up to have her original signature on.

 

People were appreciating her writings.

 

She pauses for a moment while the next person readies herself for their turn. Her eyes roved around the square. It sure was crowded. Mr Polland standing by the side had given her a little wave, a proud thankful could be seen on his face.

 

“Hello.”

 

She looks up at the girl donning thick shades and smiles, “Hello. Thank you for coming.”

 

The girl opens the book and flips to a page, showing it to the author herself, “I love you.” She says, pointing to the words at the end of the page.

 

“Aw thanks, I love you too.” Sana says politely in response. Her gaze however, lingers downwards, following the direction of the finger, “Ah… that.” She blushes at the realization.

 

“Please sign under the last words ‘I Love You’ here.” The girl dips her head while making the request.

 

Sana smiles slightly and does not try to peek under the large hood her fan was wearing, “Sure.”

 

“Your story is beautiful.” The girl continues while watching Sana casually doodle a heart on the book.

 

“Why, thank you. That’s sweet of you to say.” Sana grins as she finishes her signature, adding a cute squirrel sticker at the corner.

 

“Do you still-” The girl pauses, making Sana glance up at the half-asked question.

 

“Oh please don’t be shy of asking anything.” The author smiles cutely to ease the tension.

 

“Well, I was curious if… you still love the girl in your book.”

 

Her eyes went wide. The question made her breath catch at , “Well…”

 

“Miss Minatozaki, is everything alright?” A lady behind asked after noticing the slight delay in response. There were still people in the queue which didn’t seem to be ending soon.

 

Sana nods at the lady and then shakes her head to rid the haunting thoughts that taunted her mind for the rest of last year. Their memories...

 

“Well!” Her face was smiling again when facing the fan girl, “It’s just a story and I appreciate the support so much. Thank you!” She lands another squirrel sticker on the girl’s hand before the girl got up to leave.


 

“Alright, break time! Let’s take thirty! Crew, please hand out the goodies at the queue. Thank you.”

 

Sana sighs in relief and gets up. A break. Just what she needed…

 

A shade of white caught her attention and she bends to pick up a piece of what appears to be a note stuck at the corner of a display book by her side. She read the note with a raised brow.


 

Can I be selfish once more?


 

She raised the note in the air, “Who left this- Oh my g-” She swallows hard involuntarily, choking at her words.

 

A hooded figure had stepped out.

 

Sana found herself staring at the same fan reader with wide eyes, “H-Hi there, I believe you aren’t supposed to be-” She glances around to look for the staff crew who had all mysteriously disappeared.

 

“Hi.” The girl says and they both stare at each other for a long while before the former removes her hood.

 

Sana does a double take and steps back slowly, “Please get away from me.” She says a little too quickly.

 

“I read your book.” The voice was so achingly familiar, it made her wince.

 

“You shouldn’t have.” Her answer was sharp, cutting.

 

“I wouldn’t want to miss out on such a great book.”

 

Sana exhales softly, clutching at the side walls to maintain her balance, “What more do you want… ”

 

“A bigger regret would be not being able to explain to you why I had to leave.”

 

“Get away from me, Chou Tzuyu.” Sana repeats again firmly, cutting the younger girl’s heart deeply.

 

“Please Sana unnie, we need to talk… It won’t take long.” Tzuyu steps forward and holds onto the older girl’s hands, not giving her a chance to escape. Just like holding onto a cactus...

 

Sana scoffs weakly, a bitter smile at her lips, “Wow… You’re really something huh? Leaving and coming back whenever you want.” She tries to wrestle her hand out. And we’re both the cactus…

 

“Please… At least let me explain what I couldn’t explain before...” Her eyes were pleading… Desperate… Painful…

 

Sana notices the sadness behind those bright beautiful eyes that used to snatch her breath away. That effect didn’t seem to wear off, even till today… She finds herself holding onto her breath.

 

“Six months, Tzuyu…” She exhales shakily, trying to restrain the tears building up. Why…

 

“Please listen, Sana unnie.” Tzuyu takes a deep breath, “My parents disowned me when I told them the truth. The truth of that had been so painful to keep. The truth that made me regret meeting you.”

 

Sana wonders how could the younger say this so calmly, “What?!”

 

“I got kicked out and was sent back to Taiwan immediately. To be honest… I still could have chosen to stay during then.” She searches Sana’s confused eyes for a bit before continuing, “But I was afraid of what was happening… I was afraid of what I was feeling because my parents told me how wrong… How terrible it was to be with…” A tear rolls down her cheek, “Really, I was never more lonely… left with only my thoughts taunting me.”

 

“I… I never knew…” Sana’s voice came out as a whisper.

 

“So… um… Yeah, I made the decision to leave… To spend some time away to make up my mind. For this, I’m really, truly sorry for not saying anything. I did tell Momo unnie though.” She reaches out for Sana’s cheek while tearing silently.

 

“Momo knows?” Sana asks, distracted by the soft hands on her cheek.

 

“She knows my reason of wanting to leave and says it was stupid. I disagree. Till today, I disagree.” She caresses Sana’s frown away, “Because when I had the time away to think things through, I finally knew that I’d regret more if we actually never met.”

 

Sana looks away, “That’s quite enough now…”

 

“Because you are the first person for me…” The younger continues slowly while Sana studies her face seriously, “I didn’t know what I was feeling and made the worse decision of leaving.

 

“Tzuyu…”

 

“I don’t really care anymore what anyone says because being without you… ” She exhales slowly, wanting to say it all, “Was more painful than I ever knew.”

 

It dawned on Sana that she never realized it, “I’m sorry… I really didn’t think you would have felt the same…” She blinks several times wanting to cry, “I really didn’t know…” Her voice trails off slowly.

 

Tzuyu pulls Sana nearer and slowly rests her head on the older girl’s shoulder, “This isn’t right… I hurt you and left you without the decency of telling you why. You must hate me for that…”

 

“I wouldn’t hate you, Tzuyu.” Sana says softly, “Please forgive me… For not realizing earlier what you were going through…”

 

“Well then…” The younger girl tightens her hold on the older girl, “Could I be selfish one last time?”

 

A lone tear trickled down Sana’s cheek and she didn’t bother to wipe it away. What was this weakness Chou Tzuyu has over her that always brought all her senses crashing down?

 

Her words came out as a whisper but Tzuyu hears it crystal clear.



 

“Do you think I’d be able to say no…”





 

Basically, this book isn’t about me learning to get over the hurt of a first love but rather, to say the words…

 

I love you.






 

***




 

Momo was grinning widely while skyping her food buddy, “Yoo Jungyeon, get your sleepy here.”

 

“What now, Momo?” A lazy voice replied.

 

“Let's feast. I’ve got myself a whole month’s worth of jokbal treat.”

 

“What is this sorcery?!”

 

“Let’s just say… A little bird urgently needed tickets to a book signing event but couldn’t get it…”

 

“Uh huh?”

 

“So I gave her the ‘secret exclusive pass’ in…” She felt a smile tugging the corner of her lips at the expected response.

 

“Oh ho…  you naughty naughty ~ ”



 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

A/N: Just a short Author's Note here to conclude the end of this story which had been extremely difficult to write haha wipes cold sweat :' )

This is also the first completed story in my aff list! I'm so relieved! Thanks for the many awesome comments and upvoting! I love you all <3

My current inspiration is Twice and idols related to Twice haha so even though Yours Truly, M.S had ended, I shall still keep the Twice stories going as long as I can! In fact, there are two on-going ones left! I'm gonna leave the links below in case you wanna check ~

 

1) Hot Chocolate Coffee - posted till Chapter 6 (mainly SaTzu, obviously Tzuyu tops in this one)

2) Jack Of Hearts - this is a new one started fresh just today! The pairings are somewhat a secret for now but I think they might end up similar anyway /coughs/ and my purpose for this particular fic is for Sana to... heh heh :>

 

 

Cheers for the coming weekends ~