Unknowingly...

Yours Truly, Minatozaki Sana

 

  • About The Author    -

 

Hi everyone, this is Minatozaki Sana.

 

Launching straight into the topic of love would be very cliche and weird but then… there's nothing much to be said about me, really. Just, I would think that if there was a prize for having the strangest personality, I would probably stand a chance of winning. As so I was told by many…

 

Well, one thing is for sure…

 

Minatozaki Sana does not do well with love.



 

A sudden scream from the living rooms had sent Momo sprinting out with a worried look, “What’s wrong?! Are you okay?!”

 

She stops at the sight of Sana sprawled over the couch, clutching at her head. The girl had a dreamy look on her face, gazing at the ceilings.

 

“Uh… What are you doing?”

 

“I’m dead.”

 

“No, seriously. Please stop.”

 

Sana squeezes her eyes tightly, “I can’t…”

 

“You’re seriously freaking me out!” Momo went over to give the girl a good shake.

 

“Ack- Okay, okay, stop it!” Sana arranges herself up properly and scowls at Momo for making her head spin.

 

“Now, speak.”

 

“She…”

 

“She...?” Momo peers at Sana’s currently blank face. It’s been a couple hours since her room mate seemed out of it and the blond was afraid.

 

“She said I’m adorable…” Sana suddenly clutches at Momo’s shoulders with wide eyes.

 

Momo almost yelped at the sudden action, “Oh for goodness’ sake, what’s wrong with you?!” She pinches Sana hard in the arm.

 

“AH-Oww!”

 

“You needed that.”

 

“That hurt, Momo!” Sana whines and rubs at the sore spot on her arm, “I’ve already got a bruise there.”

 

“Would you rather a slap on the face then?”

 

“No...” Sana says quietly.

 

“My thoughts exactly.” Momo sighs, “So…?”

 

“It’s… It’s not just the adorable part, although that did kill me...” Sana confessed rather shamelessly, making Momo facepalm mentally, “It’s about…”

 

“About?”

 

“I don’t really know how to say it…” Sana flops backwards into the couch, her eyes travelled back to the ceilings.

 

Momo sighs again, “Well then, I’m not quite sure what to say to you either...”



 

  • About The Author    -

 

My previous stories are all void of that particular genre, almost as if it never existed in my world.

 

An unwritten taboo. Many questions filled my mind as I thought why. When finally the opportunity of producing a romance novel came, it ended up a disaster. I wasn’t even surprised.



 

“Why not just tell her?” Momo suggests, “You have to discuss this with her. I mean she’s the cause of your…” Momo doesn’t know how to describe Sana’s current state, “Insanity.”

 

Sana gasps, “Tell who, what?!”

 

“Tell Tzuyu what you’re feeling!” The blonde rolls her eyes, “Oh my gosh, no, I can’t deal with you right now. Not on an empty stomach…”She chokes dramatically.

 

“That is so insanely crazy!”

 

“I know right! Can you believe my stomach is actually empty?” Momo cries.

 

“I was talking about Tzuyu!”

 

Momo blinks at the realization, tilting her head, “Oh… Well, not as insane as your alien burg-”

 

“Will you stop bringing that up?!”

 

“Just tell her you’re feeling something for her. You have to.” Momo reaches for the bread loaf on the table, opening it to take a slice out.

 

“No… I still don’t know…”

 

“You don’t know, but I know. Oh ho ho... I so know…” Momo says while staring at Sana’s expression. She bit into the bread.

 

“So you think I like her?”

 

The bread Momo was munching on went down the wrong canal pipe, making her gasp and hit at her chest a few times before looking at Sana, eyes wide, “You don’t think so?!”

 

“I…”



 

***


 

Love was like a storm…

 

I wasn’t sure what to expect. I wasn’t sure what I was feeling during then.

 

It was frightening, I was uncertain… but you know those moments when her hand goes around yours? It makes literally everything feels right. As if her touch, her presence… and only her alone, can calm you down.

 

It was then that I realized it could be hard to let go.





 

“Writing again?” Momo asks casually while passing by the dining room which was now a temporary study for Sana since the girl’s room got too messy.

 

“Yeap!” The squirrel-like girl answered brightly.

 

Momo ruffles Sana’s hair. She could still remember the couple months back when the girl was still moping about being unable to produce a romance novel. It all seemed like a passing storm now.

 

“Are we gonna have dinner later or…” She asks knowingly.

 

Sana grins at the question, “I’ll be out with Tzuyu.”

 

“Why am I not surprised? You both are hanging out a lot together lately.”

 

“I know right!”

 

“Well, I’ll be having my dinner with Jungyeon. Thanks for asking.” She replies, deadpanned.

 

Sana laughs at Momo’s supposed bitterness, “Sorry, I’m just so…” She shakes her head, “I don’t know… To be honest, I’m still not sure why I get the strange feeling of...” She sighs again.

 

Momo rolls her eyes, “Love birds...” She mutters before disappearing into her room.

 

“We-” She was shocked at Momo’s blatant statement, “W-We aren’t dating though!” Sana shouts after Momo’s retreating figure, pouting when there was no response.



 

***



 

“So how was your day?” Tzuyu smiles widely, pushing the menu gently to Sana.

 

“It was great, I ended up writing a lot.” She starts flipping through the menu, “Having your usual?”

 

It was a norm to randomly meet up every other night for dinner and just enjoy spending time with each other. Like friends would… nothing more. That was what Sana thought.

 

“Sounds good.” Tzuyu doesn’t stop smiling, “Hmm… we should visit the tree again some time this week.”

 

“Or we could visit it every weekend?” Sana states in a suggestive manner, pushing the menu back to the younger one, “I like climbing that tree with you.”

 

“Not afraid anymore?” Tzuyu wiggles her brows.

 

“Not anymore.” She smacks Tzuyu’s arm lightly before blinking at the menu being passed back to her, “You’re not eating?”

 

“Nah I’m not really hungry tonight.”

 

“You weren’t that hungry the past week too.” Sana notices the tiredness weighing the girl down, “Something wrong?”

 

Tzuyu looks up at her. Her gaze lingers onto Sana’s soft brown eyes. Sana’s hand on her arm distracted her from her thoughts.

 

“What were you thinking about?”

 

“Hmm…” The teasing smile was back, “You look pretty today.”

 

Tzuyu always teases. She should be used to it. Those effortless comments that never fails to make her heart skip a beat. Then comes the blushing at her cheeks.

 

Still she couldn’t brush off the uncertain feeling…

 

“You still need to eat.”

 

“Can’t I just take a bite off yours?”

 

“Seriously, what’s wrong?” Sana was worried.

 

“Nothing’s wrong though… Just feeling a little under the weather.”

 

“I’ll get the soup. You can have some from me.”

 

“Don’t worry about me, Dear neighbour.” Tzuyu smiles again, “But hmm... Soup does sound good.”

 

Sana always stares at that smile. It was captivating… mesmerizing… She cringes inwardly at her thoughts. No...

 

They ordered their food and drinks, or more like Sana ordered. The younger girl seemed less talkative lately.

 

“So what’s up with you these days? Your parents came right? How long has it been since you’ve last saw them?”

 

“Hmm… from the time we met I guess.”

 

“That’s about a year!” Sana’s eyes widens.

 

“Yeah, there’s a lot to prepare now...” Tzuyu rubs at her eyes.

 

“Hmm… get some rest, you don’t look so well.”

 

“Really? Do I look less pretty now?” Tzuyu pretends to be shocked, touching at her face playfully.

 

Sana chuckles, “I’m serious.” She reaches forward and briefly brushes a finger against lightly against the latter’s cheek, “You look really tired...”

 

“I am, actually…” There was an uncharacteristic frown.

 

Sana pauses for a while, “Hey… Wanna take a walk after this?”

 

“Yes, we should.”

 

The curt response kept her silent.

 

There was definitely something off about the younger one and it was nagging at her gut feeling.




 

***




 

They went round the corner of the street before Sana realized Tzuyu was heading towards the lake where they had their first conversation. She gives Tzuyu’s hand a knowing squeeze, to which the latter turns around.

 

“You know what?” Sana admires the moonlight reflecting off the girl’s smile, “I’ll wait.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“For you to tell me what’s been troubling you.”

 

The smile on Tzuyu’s face began to fade.

 

“What? You don’t intend to tell your best friend about it?”

 

“I just… I’m feeling so selfish right now.”

 

“What do you mean?” Sana pulls both of them down onto a bench.

 

Tzuyu sat down slowly, eyes fixated on the waters, “I’m just confused about some things.”

 

“About?”

 

“I can’t say it now…” There was a moment’s pause before Tzuyu yelps loudly, clutching at her cheek which was being grabbed by Sana.

 

“I can’t believe you.” The older one says deadpan, still refusing to let go of the poor cheek.

 

“Ow ow ow! Stop abusing my cheeks!”

 

“Ugh, I give up.” Sana pouts and lets go of the cheek. She was surprised when Tzuyu quickly grabs at her hand again, placing it back on the sore spot. She raises a brow, “And what’re you doing?”

 

Tzuyu chuckles and presses the palm of Sana’s hand firmly against her warm cheeks, “Stop complaining, I know you like my cheeks.”

 

“Oh really?” Sana laughs but doesn’t take her hand off.

 

“You’re always touching my cheeks. Do you like my cheeks that much, Sana unnie?”

 

Sana smirks despite the fluttering feeling of hearing her name from the younger, “Yeah I like them so much I wanna pinch them to death.”

 

Tzuyu flinches, “Wow, so much anger.”

 

“Well, I’m not as nice as you think I am.” She sticks her tongue out, making the other chuckle again.

 

“Well, Miss Not-So-Nice indeed.” Tzuyu concluded with a teasing nod.

 

“You know I can just grab your cheek any second now…”

 

“I’ll take that back.” The younger relented instantly.

 

“Good girl.”


They chuckled lightly, enjoying the evening by the lake side. The moonlight making their eyes twinkle.