Like A Storm

Yours Truly, Minatozaki Sana

 

  • About The Author   -

 

Love is like a storm.

 

It came disguised as a warm summer’s drizzle.

 

I let my guard down to embrace it, only to discover the tornado I had in my very arms. I bled while cradling it. The plasters could stop the bleeding but the scars remained after.

 

That, I slowly learnt.



 

“Sana!” Momo was frowning as she stood at the closed door, “Sana, open up or I’ll break in!”

 

The sound of the door lock clicked and Momo did not hesitate in barging in. She watches Sana shuffle towards the bed, dropping onto it and crawling back under the covers.

 

“Sana…” She didn’t like how this was going.

 

“What do you want, Momo...” Her voice sounded small and fragile.

 

“I just wanted to make sure you’re alright.” The blonde sighed, moving to sit at the edge of the bed.

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“I felt your door slamming like an earthquake and almost dropped the bloody marmalade jar.” Momo was adamant.

 

“Not now… Please…”

 

“Right… And I’m your best friend, your roomie. Can’t you at least tell me what the hell happened?” Momo went closer to the figure in bed.

 

Sana turned to face her back against Momo.

 

“Sana!”

 

“Just please…” Her voice was strained with emotions, “Leave me alone… Please. Just for awhile, I wanna be alone.”

 

“I cannot!” Momo shouts and yanks the covers off, “I’m not gonna let you mope around just because of Chou Tzuyu!”

 

A pillow flies straight into Momo’s face. The impact making her fall straight off the bed. She sat back up, wearing an expression matching to Sana’s.

 

Sana’s face was livid, “What the hell Momo?!”

 

Momo smirks this time, “What? Does it hurt hearing her name?”

 

There was a muffled choke before Sana sinks back into her blankets.

 

Momo rolls her eyes and climbs into the bed, sitting herself onto the moping figure, “Tell me if I should go beat that girl up. I’ll go break her pretty face.”

 

There was a soft sob, “It’s not her fault… It’s mine...”

 

“How is it even your fault?!”

 

Sana sits up slowly, revealing an exhausted, tear stained face, “I guess I hoped too much...”

 

“Well…” Momo wasn’t ready for the heartbroken look in Sana’s eyes.

 

“Gosh, this is killing me…” She sniffs softly and grabs more tissue, “Why am I feeling… feeling like my heart is being squeezed…?”

 

“Still denying that you love her?” Momo simply says, cupping Sana by the cheeks firmly, “But this isn’t the end of your life, Sana. It isn’t the end, so try to pull yourself together, hmm?”

 

Sana whimpers at the word, “Please don’t say that again… I don’t wanna hear it...” Fresh tears trickles down.

 

Momo wipes the tears away with her thumb, “You’ll get over this. I’ll help you get over it.”

 

Sana was about to say something when the doorbell rang. The blond ruffles Sana’s hair gently before getting up. There was a slight pause of a few minutes before intense shoutings came and then the door slammed shut.

 

The sound echoing around the house.

 

Sana frowns at the noise, “Momo…”

 

Momo enters the room, wearing an uncomfortable expression, “Well… ” She sighs and slips back into the bed to envelope Sana into a tight hug.

 

Sana sniffs softly, resting her head on the other’s shoulder, mumbling mindlessly, “What was that earlier…”

 

“Um… Well… ” Momo squeezes her eyes, praying this was the right thing to do.


 

“She’s leaving...”



 

All her life…

 

Sana never thought she would be able to get along with someone else other than Momo.

 

Despite the strong fronts she tries to display and the amount of excuses she conjures to make it seem as if everything is alright, Sana is rather insecure at times. There were still doubts harboured deep within her inner self.

 

There were many things that others should not know of, yet Tzuyu seems to be able to see right through it. How could she possibly know? She would always ask herself that.

 

It was scary to let down your walls but… the younger managed to become someone very special in Sana’s life.

 

The older one being unable to stop smiling at the presence of the younger one. Tzuyu was always the first one Sana thinks of. She is the older one out of them but there was nothing she wanted more than to have Tzuyu close to her, holding her safe and tightly.

 

Tzuyu would always with the saying “No Sana No Life”.

 

That doesn’t seem true anymore.



 

“She’s leaving?” She read the angry look in Momo’s eyes and swallowed hard, “Oh…”

 

“Sana-”

 

“Wow.” The girl was breathing hard now.

 

Unfazed by the interruption, Momo didn’t stop, “Sana please-”

 

“I’m fine.”

 

“Please don’t-”

 

“I said I’m fine!”

 

The harsh shove from Sana came unexpected and Momo finds herself seated on the bedroom floor again, “Minatozaki Sana!!” A low growl erupted from involuntarily.

 

“Sorry…” Sana clenches her fists till her knuckles went pale white. Her eyes squeezed shut, refusing to allow another bout of tears. Momo notices the trembling slowly taking over her best friend’s frame. “I’m sorry…” The girl whispers, giving the bed mattress a weak punch.

 

“Sana…” Momo closes her eyes, not wanting to see Sana breaking down.

 

“Do me a favor, Momo… ”

 

“Anything… Just name it.”

 

“Help me...” She reaches for Momo’s hand.

 

Momo pulls the girl into a tight hug, “You know you’ll be alright… ” Whispering as comfortingly as she could.

 

“Please, I’m begging you… Help me…” Sana struggles to say through restraining her weakness, hitting her chest a few times, “Stop the pain here…”

 

Momo felt tears springing into her eyes but just nodded repeatedly. She couldn’t think of what else that could be done to ease her friend’s agony.


 

“Teach me to realize that… just maybe… I can live without her.”





 

Is this what love is…?