Chapter 2

You Are My Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  “Mom, I’m home.” Jessica announced her arrival when she saw the living room devoid of any human creature except for the maids.

  “Should I notify the madam miss Jessica? She’s at the garden right now.” the younger helper asked, waiting for her approval.

  “Yes sure. And please do tell her that I’ll be in my room for the rest of the day if   she wanted to see me.” Jessica responded while walking up the staircase. The maid then nodded and went immediately to the garden.



 

“Madam, Miss Jessica has just arrived and said that she’ll be in her room for   the rest of the day.” the elderly woman, while feeling the softness of the rose petals, turned her attention to the maid. Worry evident on her face.  

“Always. Every time she comes home she’s always tired and wanted to sleep all throughout the day. Alright, uhm be sure to tell the others not to disturb Jessica. You can just clean her room right after she wakes up. You can go now.”

  “I understand madam.” the maid bowed her head and retreated back to the house.



 

Dinner, filled with different healthy and delicious dishes, was served. Mrs. Jung personally cooked the meal for her eldest daughter. Meanwhile, Mr. Jung and Krystal arrived just in time for dinner.

Everyone already gathered the dining table, except for one, the sleeping beauty of the family.

  “Mrs. Nam, could you please call Jessica and have her come down for dinner?” when the head maid nodded, Mrs. Jung thanked her and focused her attention to her youngest daughter, Krystal.

  “Okay so baby, how’s work?”

And as expected, Krystal pouted and made a lovable face at her mother.

  “Umma, I’m so tired. But, I had a lot of fun, which is the most important part.” she instantly added when she saw her father about to comment on her work.

  “Appa always tries to persuade me into his business. Appa, why don’t you just persuade unnie instead oh? She’s way into your field anyways, so-”

Krystal was interrupted by the sudden appearance of the awakened sleeping beauty.     “You did not just say that Jung Soojung.” she glared at Krystal while taking a seat opposite her.

  “haha already did unnie. So.. *Merong*” Krystal sister by sticking out her tongue.

  “Aissh such a kid. Appa, I wanted to be the CEO but I can’t.” everyone’s eyes darted on Jessica. They know what she meant. She’s in the same field but she just can’t take that huge responsibility on her shoulder.

  “But you should Jess. You should take the spot. You can have sleep whenever you want you know? You’re current situation at work is so stressful. It’s not good for your health.” Krystal worriedly stated to her sister.

  “It’s tempting sis, but I still want dad to persuade you to do it. Ha ha such a good sight.”

  “Appa, unnie is really bad.” Mr. Jung could only laugh at his bickering daughters.

  “Okay, that’s enough girls. We should eat now.” Mrs. Jung declared, making everyone enjoy their meals.

  After everyone has finished eating, Mr. Jung once again opened the family conversation.

 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter