Chapter 3 - Things aren't always the way they seem

Things aren't always the way they seem


Chapter 3 – Things aren’t always the way they seem



Previous Chapter

 

“What kind of work is it, anyway?” I ask curios. But George just looks at me and shows a big warm smile. “You’ll see soon enough.”

I can’t really read his expression, but it doesn’t seem as through he just made me agree to work as a stripper in a nightclub. I guess it can’t be too bad then, right?

 


 

Mio’s POV. :

 

I guess I couldn’t have been any more wrong. But I couldn’t ever have imagined, something like this to actually be my new job…. Never.

 

“You’re really serious, aren’t you?” I ask, mad now.

“Of course. Now get to work! And don’t forget, it’s the 18th floor. Oh, and Mio? Be sure to serve your master passionately and obviously; please him to the fullest…” The hotel manager Mr. Lee, apparently a friend of Georg’s, likes to make fun of people or is simply the most and erted guy I’ve ever talked to. This is the worst.

“Just how can you make me do this? God – this is a maid costume! Yah!” I yell after him, but he just smirks at that and leaves.

 

For a brief second I just stand there and stare at this creepy thing in my hand. A maid. Like seriously?

If I ever see George again, I’m really going to kill him. He knew and yet he didn’t tell me. He had just sat there and smiled.

He’s the worst. And that when I was just beginning to feel a bit more comfortable around him… Sickens me.

 

But what can I do? I already told all the other shop owners that I couldn’t work with them anymore since I don’t have enough time now that I have this new job. So, since I don’t really have any other choice, and even through I’m really very pissed at this whole situation, I may as well do the best out of it.

 

And to be honest, I’m kind of curious as to who lives on the 18th floor, so I just give in to the curiosity, get myself dressed and go.

I feel really weird wearing something so flashy but  ‘Oh please don’t let it be someone I know!’ is all I can think about while getting on the lift.

But as much I want luck to be on my side, it seems like it just really doesn’t like me.

 

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I’m speechless. As soon as the elevator stops and the door moves, my jaw drops open.

There they are. Not only one of them, but all. The oh so popular k-pop group ‘Super Junior’ stands right in front of me, smiling brightly.

Or at least I think it’s them. I wouldn’t know since I never have the time to watch TV or hear radio.

 

I want to run away out of pure embarrassment, but somehow I can’t seem to move with all these pretty eyes watching my every breath.

They’re in the same agency as I am and not just that, some of them even go to the same school as I do.

And now I’m their maid.

“Wow, my life just gets better and better.” I whisper sarcastically, fortunately nobody seems to notice.

 

There’s just no word to describe the feeling I’m feeling right now. I don’t want to think about it, so I just look at them, wait for them to do something. Anything.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo” They start to say and do this kind of hand symbol they always do on TV when they introduce their selves. “We’re Super Junior!”

“Yah, stop that, it’s creepy.” I can’t believe I just said that into their faces like that, but since I started, I might as well explain myself. “Ah, anyo, that’s not what I mean… It’s just kind of weird to see you guys be so in sync… gives me some kind of inhuman-feeling.”

I’m the one who sounds as through she comes from outer space. Stupid. I’m really such a fool. God, just what in the world is wrong with me lately? Not only today but ever since this whole thing with my mom and her lover started.

 

I expect them to get mad or at least irritated but they just start laughing. After they all introduced themselves to me, I finally notice what I totally didn’t realise till now, that three of their members are missing… Well, my only excuse is that I really haven’t had the time to actually grow to like Super Junior, all because my stupid work, or any other band for that matter, but at least I know some of their members faces.

 

“Eunhyuk, Donghae and Leeteuk are still working, but they should be here soon, I think.” Siwon says, smiles at me and starts showing me around.

He’s pretty tall and really handsome, so I should feel way more conscious of what I’m wearing right now, right?

But the way he acts and talks makes me somehow feel really comfortable. And through he seems really flirty, it’s as through he’s even more caring and kind than that.

 

I really hate this part about me, how I always seem to analyse everything around me without me even really noticing while doing so.

 

Ryeowook, Kyuhyun, Shingdong, Heechul and Sungmin follow us into the kitchen, while the rest of the boys seem to have gone into their rooms.

 

As soon as I look around in the just entered the room, I let out a breath I didn’t know I’ve been holding.

“Are you serious?” I can’t help but laugh as I try to cover my nose. “How can you live in here? It’s like some kind of trash trunk! And ugh… there’s this real bad smell, too.” But somehow the thought of it makes me laugh even harder.

They seem even more inhuman right now. It must be some kind of superpower to be able to live in such a dirty apartment without getting disgusted.