Chapter 1 - A stressful day

Things aren't always the way they seem


Chapter 1 – A stressful Day



 

“Hey, hey! Did you hear? Super Junior’s new single placed first again!” One girl enthusiastically tells her friends.

„Woah! They sure are amazing, aren’t they?” The other girl says in awe.

“And they’re so handsome too!” The first girl continues.

Another girl just smiles and shows her agreement with a lot of nodding. “Ah… So envious –“

 


 

Mio’s POV. :  [You]

 

As I hear them talk I shrug in disgust. If they ‘re just part of the agency because they believe in some fan-girl imagination or joined cause they want to get close to our idols, they may as well just leave.

This might sound harsh at first, but surely there are enough people here, who are serious in what they’re doing. They’re training hour for hour, only to get just one little step closer towards fulfilling their dreams. Why? Only to finally get their chance to debut, they give they best everyday.

It’s not fair to waste their practice time if some people are just here to fool around. You know?

‘Whom am I talking to anyway?’ I ask myself and feel my cheeks flush at the thought. But before I get the chance to feel anymore awkward than I already am, my phone starts ringing. And as soon as I see who’s the caller, I can’t help but smile.

“Annyeonghaseyo, almighty Key” I say sarcastically, take my stuff with me and leave since practice is about to end anyway.

“Yah! What’s with that?” He tries to sound offended but gives up and starts laughing halfway. “What are you up to, anyway?”

“Just now I was at the agency. But you know, even though I really want to just go home and take a shower, I got to go to Takana’s for my part time job. Remember the Japanese restaurant I told you about? That’s where it’s at.” I say and work my way through a crowd of people in front to be able to get onto the bus. When I find a seat, I sit down immediately and am glad to be able to relax at least for a little bit.

Ever since our dad left us, my mother and I’ve had big money issues, so to be able to pay the rent and my school fees I have to work A LOT. I’m glad to be of help to my mom, but it’s still really exhausting. 

“Hey Key, you there?” I ask, when he doesn’t say anything.

“Mm… You know, I just don’t get it.” He suddenly blurts out.

“Sorry, can’t follow. What do you mean?” I ask absentmindedly and concentrate on getting off the bus and set straight for the restaurant.

“Why do you hesitate? There are a lot of people who’d just love to help you out - I could talk to the president… You could debut. And Lee Joon-ssi and the others could lay in a good word for you too. Yet, you still do all those troublesome things.” He seems to get agitated every time we talk about this, which kind of really irritates me.

“You know why! Why is it that you care so much anyway?” I shouldn’t fee so offended, he’s just worried, but still… It’s my life!

“I’m your best friend, how can I not care? It’s so worrisome. And for that matter, no, I don’t know.” His sudden calmness makes me want to explode even more, but somehow I can’t bring up enough strength to do so.

“It wouldn’t have any meaning… if I’d just get my debut through connections… I don’t want that.”

“Mio, you know, I really hate you for making me say this, but you’re an even better dancer than I am… I mean it…  and I don’t even want to start about all of your other good points and talents… It definitely wouldn’t be-” His voice shows some kind of disappointment, but still, I can hear how proud he is on the other side as well. It’s irritating, but somehow gives a nice feeling.

“Oh shut up…” I cut him off rashly - although he knows I don’t mean it that way, I’m just not used to his kindness. We normally tease each other to no ends.

I hear him chuckle at that and somehow I feel relieved immediately.

“Just think about it…” He says still slightly amused. “Anyway, the actual reason I called, was to ask if you’d like to go karaoke… but well, since you got to go work that’s pretty much impossible, so… I’ll just hang up… bye bye Mio…” And he did, to be honest, in a very cute and Key-like way of saying goodbye. I didn’t even get the chance to say something in return either. Frustrating.

 


 

Someway or another, the time at Tanaka’s actually seemed to pass by pretty quickly.

However, when I called mom, she wanted me to get home as soon as possible. She seemed unusually happy somehow and no matter how much I thought about it, I just couldn’t come to any conclusion. Maybe she’d gotten some nice food with the coupons I’d given her… or… then again, maybe not. For some reason, she never really leaves the house.

What ‘s that about anyhow? - It’s as through she’s the kid and I’m the parent…

Well, it won’t change too soon anyway so I guess I have to live with it.

Right now, I’m just glad to finally get home and hopefully to be able to get into bed before I collapse of exhaustion.

- So what if I like to get a bit dramatic? -

As soon as I open the apartment door, my mom calls for me in a loud and happy voice.

“Annyeonghaseyo, omma…” I say.

‘Something’s fishy,’ is what I think but I keep quiet and obediently go to where I believe her to be. “What’s going on, omma?”

I try to ignore the fact that she didn’t even say hi to me yet, but somehow I’m too tired for that and it bugs me enough to make me at least slightly mad.

And here people always say people my age lack manners.

Just what’s wrong with me today? I usually never behave this way, being so critically and in such a bad-mood.

But when I get into the kitchen, finding some old man I’ve never seen before doesn’t especially help me to feel more motivated about my life.

Just what in the world - “W-What’s g-going on?”

“Mom?” I’m confused, desperate even, as I search for a sign in my mothers face. But all I find is love. And happiness. I think I’ve never seen my mother smile like this ever before.

She let’s out a dreamy sigh. “Mio-chi, dear, this-“ She suddenly walks towards the man and touches his palm slightly as to make me pay even more attention to him. “This is George, y-your new father…”

 


 

Hey guys, I’m really sorry about how this chapter is so… long? Boring? I don’t know, I just thought it was important for the future story… and don’t worry, I’m working on the next chapter already, so make such to be ready for Mio to meet her new master… :DD

(Sorry, that kind of sounded erted… O.e but you’ll understand, it’s just a matter of time… or more like, a later chapter ;P)

And I know, Super Junior didn't really appear yet. Sorry!