April 26th

War Diaries

... and another one

---------------------

26 April

I’m back at the camp.  The last days have been a rollercoaster-ride and I need to write it all down to come to terms with everything.

I’ve seen Minho! Sadly I didn’t get a chance to meet Changmin-Hyung too, but at least I know he’s okay.

Minho was so happy to see me that he almost crushed my spine hugging me. He looks like a real soldier; it even kind of suits him. I immediately thought he should be in a drama with a war-setting.

I wish this was just a drama-shoot.

We didn’t have much time to catch up but shared every morsel of information we had about the people we know.

I showed him the pictures I got from Amber and Jjongie’s mom. And he scrolled through his galleries to share what he had:

A number of pictures of Suho and Chanyeol who both were at the same training camp that Minho started from.

Then there was a recent one of Taeminnie appearing unusually tan and almost haggard, older too. Looking at it I wondered if I have changed. Within just a couple of month we have become different people.

Minho told me that his older brother has been sent to the Kumgang mountains as well and was shocked to hear that Kibum’s there.  He promised to ask his Hyung if he has seen Bummie as soon as he gets a chance to. He added though:

“Hyung is member of an intelligence-squad. I’m not sure if he is allowed to give me any information when I see him. They’re very strict about information. I probably shouldn’t even tell you he’s in that squad.”

“Does that mean that Kibum is in intelligence, too?” I asked back.

“No idea ... spy Key?”

We both laughed although uneasily.

On my way back to Cheorwon with my unit we witnessed an enemy-attack although we weren’t directly affected. A rocket hit about half a mile south of the camp. They say it was an old Katjuscha shell, a Soviet model from the 1970s. This was the first time I was anywhere near an actual attack. I feel incredibly vulnerable.

Since the incident we are on alert which means we don’t get much sleep and can’t use any traceable devices. So I can’t check if there is any news.

And I’m frightened. I don’t want to die.