Chapter 2

Our Fates(when we meet)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2: How you let me go

Word count; 1, 627 words

 

 

Baekhyun!” the taller jolts from his sleep, sweats dripping from his forehead until his neck, his loose white shirt soaked with the sticky liquid. Chanyeol can’t even breath properly, feeling like his lungs constricted for too long, he opens his mouth and tried breathing through it. He’s trying to catch the right rhythm of his breathing when his eyes landed on their digital clock.

 

2:45 A.M.

 

It’s too early for this...

 

Chanyeol wiped the sweats on his forehead using the back of his palm, biting his lip because his breathing remained ragged. The figure beside him suddenly moved, a little groan can be heard, the blankets being crumpled along with the action.

 

“Chanyeol?” a sweet yet hoarse voice whispered, the called male looked down a bit and smiled, he can barely distinguished the feature of the girl in the dark, but her wavy hair is easy, his eyes followed every strands that tangled messily. His hands ended toying the soft hair. Chanyeol smiled strainly, again.

 

“Asthma,” he said softly. You’re lying, a little voice whispered in his ears, how many lies had it been?

 

 Despite the dark, he can imagine how the girls furrowed her brow into a frown, beautiful lined brow just above her close eyelids.

 

“Need help?”

 

“No,” he replied calmly, “I just need my inhaler, and maybe change my shirt too.”

 

He only got a low hum as an answer, he then stand out of the bed and go straight in the bathroom.

 

Chanyeol thought that he’ll never get used to it. Never. He will never get used to everything, his nightmare, his new life, he will never.

 

Even though he got a twice a week appointment to his psychologist, he still can’t move on, he can’t accept everything, the puzzle of his life seems out of place.

 

Without him, everything is out of place.

 

The water in the faucet had been running since he got inside, but he didn’t touch the water yet, he knew that that water though clean will never cleanse his face, his sinful being for not be able to stand on his own promise, to not be able to save the person he only loved.

 

Dara is the safest choice he got. The girl is pretty, educated, they both understand music, both have the same taste even.

 

They understand each other but not deeply.

 

With her as a companion, Chanyeol knew he’ll not be alone. She’s not the type of girl who’s not going to leave him without a second thought. The girl is loyal and don’t have any capacity on hurting him or even a fly.

 

He opened the medicine cabinet, getting the white pills instead of his inhaler. He didn’t take it mistakenly, he picked it intentionally. Though his eyesight blurry, he memorized where he put his sleeping pills.

 

…it was for a dreamless sleep, like dead, peacefully dead,

 

Dara knows everything, but in two years of being together, she’d learn good in pretending. A good player. He would always thought that she’s the safest choice he can have at the moment.

 

But Chanyeol is cruel to let her join his dirty game. A game that only him is allowed to hurt and bring pain to other people. A game that no one can hurt him either way.

 

He blinks the tears away, washing his face again and again.

 

But he felt dirty.

He felt filthy..

 

In this game, against the fate, he needed to be strong.

 

 

 

“Are you crazy?” Yura said anxious, looking at the file of papers, neatly arranged in her desk. Chanyeol gave it to him ten minutes prior. “How do you even plan this? Only a wedding yet renting the whole resort?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter