Chapter Six - Large Marble

Butterfly
Please log in to read the full chapter

Large Marble

Euchloe Ausonides
 


From: Jungkook

» I like you too! Jk.

 

Nabi plops down her bed, humiliated and at the same time unsure of what she has to respond to Jungkook’s reply.

 

From: Nabi

» it’s not even April, yet you fell for a joke 😩

 

From: Jungkook

» Lol how bout we go to the amusement park tomorrow?

 

“Well, that escalated quickly,” Nabi claps for herself, proud that she has saved herself from making Jungkook think she really is into him.

 

Jungkook’s POV

 

From: Nabi

» I like you, idiot.

 

I dropped my phone the moment I read her message. My heart skipped a beat, and I felt like screaming on top of my lungs, but all that came out was an unmanly squealing.


“, what do I reply? What do I reply!?”


I was pacing back and forth in my room, thinking about how I should respond to a confession. Wait, is this even a confession? Is this really how she feels? I’m not yet ready to confess back!


“What if she’s just doing a prank? She’s going to tell her best friend! And if she does, her best friend will tell Yoongi—and Hyung will tell it to all my brothers!”


I’m doomed! Come on, Jungkook, just play safe, and everything will be fine.


“Oh, damn. I must’ve kept her waiting for too long!”


I finally sent the message after evaluating my supposed playful response over and over again.

 

From: Jungkook

» I like you too! Jk.

 

From: Nabi

» it’s not even April, yet you fell for a joke 😩


Whew, I knew it. Why would Nabi even like me?

 

End of Jungkook’s POV

 

Amusement park, huh?


From: Nabi

» u sure? u sure you’re not scared of the rides?

 

From: Jungkook

» Me? Scared of rides? WE ARE GOING TO TRY EVERY RIDE IN THE AMUSEMENT PARK!!

 

Oh, that was a bad challenge, Nabi.


From: Nabi

» alrighty then. good niiiight

 

From: Jungkook

» Good niiiiiight. Sweet dreams, Butterfly!!

 

And just like that, Nabi giggled like she had never before. She prays to have the day started as she could no longer wait to anticipate the dreamy scenarios she had in her head.

 

 

- - -

 

 

“What the? Who the heck did just squeal?”

Namjoon stops between his steps when he hears a high-pitch shrieking, almost as if it was coming from a girl.

“Squeal? You mean Jimin?” Taehyung snickers as he points at the oblivious Jimin.

Namjoon glares at him, to which Jimin nervously replies, “Wh-what? I didn’t do anything.”

“Oh please, who else in here can have that voice?”

“Seokjin Hyung?”

“What!? Why would I do that!?” Seokjin retorts with his eyes wide open.

“Hoseok, you can even do that squeal!”

“You punks are just randomly pointing fingers, huh,” Hoseok crosses his arms as his eyebrows did.

Namjoon nods with a shrug, “Oh, so there’s a female ghost in our house now.”

“H-hey, don’t joke like that!”

Hoseok scrambles to his feet, taking cover behind Jimin’s back.

“Nah, maybe it’s just Jungkook,” Yoongi blatantly comments.

“Come to your senses now, he’ll never do—”

Another squealing, but this time around, it was longer than before. The brothers all shared a common look before tiptoeing their way upstairs where the no

Please log in to read the full chapter