03

Love and Kim Joonmyun

“Hey baby bro, I need to borrow one of your suits please.” Yixing looked up from his notebook at Lay.

 

“Okay.” He said before going back to his notebook.

 

Lay smiled and opened the door all the way and went to Yixing’s closet “How was your first day?”

 

Yixing snorted “My boss is the epitome of .” He said. Deciding not to bring up the fact that Lay supposedly knew him.

 

“How was class today?” He asked instead.

 

Lay shrugged “Class. Jongin was being rude again so I didn’t really associate much with him. I had a killer headache so I didn’t do much this morning for a couple hours after you left.”

 

Yixing nodded “Are you feeling better now?”

 

Lay chuckled “I’m fine baby bro, thanks though. Is this one okay?” he asked holding up the black slacks with blue dress shirt and black tie.

 

Yixing nodded “Yeah, that looks good, what’s it for?”

 

Lay smiled “Company dinner, you can come if you’d like.”

 

“I’ll pass, you go have fun, call if you need anything.” Yixing smiled.

 

“Alright baby bro, behave yourself and don’t burn the house down.” Lay laughed.

 

“I won’t.” Yixing laughed.

 

Lay was always the favorite child. He was bright and outgoing. He danced like a god and had a lovable personality. Yixing was almost the opposite. He had the brains of the twins, but he was an introvert. He didn’t go out. He didn’t dance. He had somewhat of a boring personality from what he’d been told in the past. His ex boyfriend who he was with for almost two years told him most of these things when he broke up with him. Yixing was broken for months afterwards and hasn’t dated since and that’s been almost three years ago now.

 

Yixing sighed putting his notebook down on his desk. There were so many things he honestly didn’t like thinking about. And Kim Joonmyun might be one of those things. But he couldn’t help it.

 

He was insanely attractive. Dominate. Smart. Clever. Sarcastic. But he had the ability to take down millions with a few simple words. He was powerful and rich. His attitude matched perfectly too and Yixing really didn’t want anything to do with him outside of work if he didn’t have to.

 

He pursed his lips before deciding it wasn’t worth thinking over and headed for bed. Not waiting up for Lay like usual. Who knew if he was even coming home tonight anyway?

 

 

 

 

“Good morning Mr. Kim.” Yixing bowed when Joonmyun walked in heading towards his office.

 

“Mornin’.” Joonmyun mumbled.

 

Yixing sat back down and went back to work while Joonmyun locked himself in his office. There were notes and things all over Yixing’s new desk. They were all from Kyungsoo telling him do’s and don’t’s and what to do and how to do it. And Yixing was happy he’d always been able to pick up on things easily right now, there was a lot to learn and he was pretty confident he didn’t have much time to learn.

 

“Did you bring this in?” Yixing jumped a little hearing Joonmyun’s voice so suddenly, he turned to see him standing in the doorway with a cup of coffee in hand.

 

Yixing frowned a little and nodded.

 

Joonmyun narrowed his eyes “Did you poison it?”

 

Yixing pursed his lips and shrugged his shoulders making Joonmyun chuckle “Fair enough.” He mumbled turning back to his office taking a drink.

 

The day was pretty uneventful for the most part. Joonmyun didn’t do much. He didn’t leave his office unless he had to and Yixing found that out very quickly.

 

“Are you new?” Yixing looked up to see a tall and handsome man standing in front of him.

 

“Yes, I’m Zhang Yixing, Mr. Kim’s new secretary.”

 

The guy nodded “Nice to meet you, I’m Oh Sehun, head of customer affairs.” Sehun bowed back.

 

“Is there something you needed?” Yixing then asked.

 

Sehun shrugged “Not really, I was going to ask him something but I don’t honestly remember what it was now, sorry to bother you.”

 

Yixing shook his head “No problem at all.”

 

“See ya around Yixing.” Sehun nodded before leaving the large office.

 

Yixing sat back down and went back to work honestly just waiting for the day to be over.

 

 

 

Once lunch rolled around, Yixing left for his break and headed to his favorite café to eat lunch alone and peacefully where he knew people wouldn’t needlessly bother him.

 

 

It was two weeks before Joonmyun decided Yixing was ready to be taken to actual meetings and Yixing knew he was ready, Sehun had even given him a few tips.

 

“Just sit by me and take notes, I’ll do all the talking.” Joonmyun said before walking into the conference room and taking a seat with Yixing right behind him.

 

Yixing had looked into everything that involved the meeting. He didn’t like being unprepared for anything.

 

 

“Well that was boring.” Joonmyun mumbled sitting in the car on the way back to the company.

 

Yixing just hummbed as he watched the passing buildings.

 

“How old are you?” Joonmyun then asked.

 

Yixing frowned “Why?”

 

Joonmyun shrugged “Honestly just curious.”

 

“Twenty five.” Yixing answered.

 

“Same age as me.” Joonmyun noted.

 

“You’re not from Korea are you?”

 

“No.”

 

“China?”

 

“Yes.” Joonmyun hummed.

 

“Fancy.”

 

“Once we get back you can leave, it’s already almost six.” Joonmyun then said after a couple minutes “I just have a few more documents to go over.”

 

Yixing nodded “Okay.”

 

And once they reached the office, Yixing organized his desk and put everything back where he liked it and shut down his computer and left for the night.

 

First stop on the way home was the grocery store. He and Lay were running low on cookable food that was quick but also good so he figured since Lay would probably never think to do so unless he was literally dying he better do the grocery shopping tonight.