02

Love and Kim Joonmyun

‘Leaves before the crack of dawn… what is this? A ing romance movie?’ Joonmyun scoffs to himself sitting in his office chair facing his gorgeous and very expensive view of Seoul, twirling an also very expensive pen between his fingers.

 

“The interns are here if you want to go see how they’re doing.” Kyungsoo’s voice then invaded Joonmyun’s thoughts.

 

“I’ll think about it.” He said “Go away.”

 

He heard Kyungsoo scoff and mumble something that sounded an awful lot like “ing child.”

 

Joonmyun rolled his eyes thanking whatever god was above him when his office door shut. He needed a drink. Scratch that, he needed a ing wine cellar.

 

It was another two and a half of hours of not really doing anything in his office before Joonmyun decided to go check on the interns that had started yesterday that he didn’t go see or anything. Probably a good idea since most of them will probably end up working for him in the near future.

 

He walked a little irritably down the hall from his office with his hands in his pockets and a not so pleased expression to the elevator which he took down to the fourteenth floor where he made his way to the room of never ending attempts at cubicles stood and little busybody people working in them.

 

“Mr. Kim, I wasn’t expecting you today.” Mr. Park, head of internal affairs and also the intern babysitter said walking up to Joonmyun.

 

“Well, sorry then. I wasn’t really planning on coming down today anyway, but I did.” He said looking around.

 

“Well, if you’d like, I can have all the interns come into the meeting room and you can speak with them specifically.” Mr. Park said.

 

“No, that’s fine, I’m just doing a walk through anyway. Nothing too important really, we’ll save that for another day.”

 

“Oh, um okay sir.”

 

Joonmyun left it at that as he then took a walk around looking at each workers work, maybe talking a little. More so when Mr. Oh and his assistant Luhan walked in.

 

“Fancy seeing you here Joonmyun hyung.” Mr. Oh, or Sehun said walking up to Joonmyun.

 

“Shut it brat.” Joonmyun rolled his eyes.

 

Sehun just chuckled “What are you doing down here anyway hyung?”

 

“Being a good CEO and discreetly checking to make sure none of my employees are planning to me over.” Joonmyun shrugged making Sehun laugh.

 

“Sehun, you’re going to be late for your meeting if you don’t get a move on now.” Luhan said giving Sehun a look that he frowned at.

 

“Fine, let’s go. See you around hyung.” And the two walked away.

 

Joonmyun sighed bringing his hands to his face and closing his eyes ‘This day needs to end.’ He said to himself.

 

“Mr. Kim, uh, I don’t mean to bother you, but this is Yixing and he’s going to be taking over Kyungsoo’s spot when he leaves next week.” Mr. Park’s annoying voice then said and Joonmyun grumbled something incoherent before dropping his hands only to practically gape at the sight before him.

 

Yixing. Lay. .

 

“.” Joonmyun said rubbing his eyes “Can we not do this right now?” he asked.

 

“Um… What do you mean sir?” Mr. Park asked.

 

“I wasn’t talking to you.” Joonmyun said before looking back at Yixing who was actually Lay in his mind, all dressed in a suit, his hair all combed and he looked all hot and and life. Today really was not Joonmyun’s day.

 

“What do you mean sir? Do you know Yixing?”

 

“No, I don’t, he just looks like someone I know.” Joonmyun gave Mr. Park a look that said leave before I fire you and that’s what he did before turning to Yixing “What are you doing here?” he asked.

 

Yixing just stared back at him “Um… I’m going to be your new secretary starting a couple days?” he asked.

 

“Don’t answer my question with another question. Come on, let’s go get this over with.” He grumbled walking away with Yixing following behind him.

 

It wasn’t until they were on the top floor and inside Joonmyun’s office with the door locked did Joonmyun finally turn to face Yixing.

 

“You’re the CEO?” Yixing asked softly looking around.

 

“I am. Are you scared of me now that you know the money and power I possess or are you just going to use me?”

 

Yixing frowned “This is why the public makes up rumors about you, your attitude makes you seem like an with no heart.”

 

Joonmyun shrugged “They’re not necessarily wrong.” He said leaning back on his desk.

 

Yixing hummed.

 

Joonmyun cocked an eyebrow “Last I checked, we met for the first time last night and had , which by the way, if this is how you normally act, I’d either live on alcohol or not touch it.”

 

“Can you get your ing out of your god damn office and go to your ing meeting already?!” Kyungsoo burst through the door “I swear to ing god I will drug your and drag you there if I ing have to.” Yixing’s eyes went wide and Joonmyun narrowed his eyes at Kyungsoo.

 

“I locked that door for a reason.” He said.

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes “Like I give a . Go to your meeting already!”

 

He then looked at Yixing who was staring wide eyed at Kyungsoo “Who the hell is this?” he asked.

 

“Yixing, my new secretary.”

 

“You mean I can finally leave?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

Joonmyun raised an eyebrow “Don’t let the door hit you on your way out.” He smiled.

 

“ing . You’re dying alone, I can already see it.” Joonmyun just shrugged as Kyungsoo left the office with a nice loud ‘ you Kim Joonmyun!’

 

“Um…” Yixing said softly.

 

“Well new secretary, I’m Kim Joonmyun, your new boss who you’ll learn to hate very shortly. Good working with you, now let’s go.” Joonmyun said standing up.

 

“Um, sir-“ Yixing started and Joonmyun turned to face him.

 

“What?”

 

Yixing bit his lips softly “Um, I’m not Lay. Lay is my older twin brother. I don’t know what you’re talking about when you said . And living on or not touching alcohol…”

 

Joonmyun was now very intrigued. So there was Lay. And Yixing. Interesting.

 

“Tell me, little Yixing, do you know what your big brother does for a living, would you tell me? I have unfinished business with him.”

 

Yixing frowned “Not if you’re going to talk to me like I’m five. .” Joonmyun laughed.

 

“Now you sound more like my secretary.” He chuckled to himself turning around and walking out of the office “Come come little one, you have much to learn.”

 

Yixing mumbled something but followed nonetheless.