Hero Jaejoong is the Hero

Sunflower (Kwon Yuri B-day Special)

Maybe I had a lot of fear, as always
I always hid in the shadows, unseen
Always a step behind you


 

Time flies like a speed of light. I didn't even notice that it's been 10 years since I knew him. It's also been 10 years since I liked him. Him. Kim Jaejoong. Being the nerdy person I was in high school, it was hard to come across a nice person in my life. But Kim Jaejoong was different. He was perfect in everyway. Girls swoon over him, and guys admired him as their idols. His looks, wealth, everything was what made him attractive.
 
But what attracted me the most was his kind and caring personality. 
 
Someone like him would care about me? Yeah, that's kinda hard to believe. I was like you guys. I didn't believe it either. But he made me believe it.
 
"Please introduce yourself."
 
I bowed a 90-degree bow then spoke, "Hello, my name is Kwon Yuri. Please take care of me."
I fixed my glasses that weren't in place after bowing. I kept my head down then glanced at everyone in the class.
 
There were a variety of looks. But most were looks of disgust, and some mocked me. I covered my face with my long hair. My dad made a mistake thinking it would be different if I was transferred to an elite school. People would respect me more or mind with their own business so there won't be any cases of bully.
 
Boy was he wrong.
 
I was bullied my whole life when I clearly didn't do anything wrong.
 
"Now, your seat..."
 
***
 
Yuri was at the cafeteria minding her own business. Homemade lunch that her mom made. It was very rare for her mom to make homemade lunch but since it was her first day of school, she made it. First days of school are a special occasion to Yuri's mom apparently. But Yuri couldn't be more happier.
 
Make sure to eat all of it, okay? Her mom said to her this morning. She smiled.
 
Just as she was opened , a football smacked her on the head. Hard.
 
The whole cafeteria went silent for a while.
 
Yuri rubbed the part of her head that was stinging from the strong force of that football. Who plays football in a cafeteria? She thought angrily.
That was when she heard footsteps coming her way. 
"Oh dang! That must've hurt," this unfamiliar voice said then laughed. He came up to me so I stood up. Her hair still covered my face though.
"Little girl, how can I say sorry when I can't see you?" He said. Then he glanced over on Yuri's lunch box in her hands.
"Is that yours?" He asked.
 
Yuri could feel everyone looking her way. There were whispers and most of them came from a group of girls wearing cheerleading outfits.
She only nodded. 
 
Surprisingly. he snatched the lunchbox from her hands which shocked Yuri and everyone else in the cafeteria. He opened the lunchbox, smelled it then took a big bite of her food. He just ate their mockingly.
 
Yuri's eyed widened. "What are you doing?" She said very sternly.
 
"Oh, so you do have a mouth to speak? Sorry, I couldn't see it." He laughed which was clearly not funny but everyone in the cafeteria joined him.
 
Yuri was begginning to lose her patience. "Give it back!" She tried reaching for the lunchbox but failed.
 
He held it up high in the hair taking advantage of her height that was clearly way shorter compared to him. He was just laughing which made her get angrier. She was tired already of all the bullying.
 
Even here they bully me, mother...
 
She lost her patience. And she did what she never thought she had the courage to.
 
 
 
She slapped him. Hard.
 
The guy was just as shocked as she was. Suddenly a "Hey, what do you think you're doing?" was heard. 
 
A girl stomped her way to them, grabbing Yuri's lunchbox from the guys' hand and poured the food on Yuri's head. Gasps were heard and the loudest one came from the guy. Yuri just stood there, immobile. 
 
Mother, your homemade lunch...
 
"What right do you have to do that to THE captain of the football team?" She practically screamed in front of Yuri's face. Yuri stood there, feeling her hair that smelled her mother's delicious, rare cookings. Tears were starting to form in her eyes as she tried to hold it in.
 
"What's going on here?"
 
Everyone turned to face where that voice came from. It was him.
 
Kim Jaejoong.
 
He looked so smart, handsome and charismatic walking his way to where the ruckus was coming from. Everyone watched him and his every move, anticipated what he was going to do next. But he wasn't alone. Kim Jaejoong was the head of the student body. Right behind him was a beautiful girl. Yuri guessed she was his asistant of some sort. 
 
Oh, but she wasn't just that.
 
"Oh, Jaejoong sunbaenim! Annyeonghaseyo!" She greeted him. She was like a monster just now then suddenly an angel like wannabe, Yuri thought.
Jaejoong kept a straight face. 
 
"What happened here, Sohee?" Jaejoong said then glanced at Yuri. Yuri who had her head down the whole time didn't look at Jaejoong.
"Well you see-" The guy tried to explain but then was cut off by the girl named Sohee.
 
"This TRASH thinks that she can do whatever she wants by hitting Yunho oppa blah blah blah..." Sohee was explaining only 10% of the truth and the rest were things she made up right on the spot. Jaejoong didn't bother to listen to her (even though he was the one asking) and simply pushed Sohee away slightly to get a better look of Yuri. His asistant followed him.
 
"Are you okay?" Jaejoong asked her ever so softly, his hand on her shoulder. 
 
Yuri stayed quiet, neither shook nor nod her head. Feeling that he may not get a proper response from the mysterious girl in front of him, Jaejoong called his asistant.
 
"Jessica, please help her clean up in the girls toilet." He said to his asistant, Jessica.
 
Jessica came to Yuri, gently placing her hand on Yuris' shoulder. "You okay? Come lets get you cleaned up," She said. Yuri nodded, and with that they walked out of the cafeteria, eyes were all on them.
 
"Hmph!" Sohee left the cafeteria feeling hurt and angry that Jaejoong didn't bother to listen to her. 
 
As soon as Jessica and Yuri left, Jaejoong turned to the guy messing with Yuri earlier.
 
"And why were you playing football in the cafeteria?" He asked him.
 
"Oh, come on. Don't be such a party pooper. I was just practicing my skills and it happened to fly straight to her face. It was an accident." He said. "Ah, you really live up to your name huh, Hero Jaejoong." He slapped his friends back then laughed.
 
Jaejoong didn't know he wanted to believe it or not. He sighed. "Just don't do that anymore, Yunho. Playing in the cafeteria and bullying a new student." 
 
 
He left the cafeteria leaving Yunho there, clenching his fists.
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Authors note : 
 
LOL I know I wrote that it was gonna be a one-shot but it turned out to be longer than I expected. I wasn't really suppose to elaborate their first meeting but my hands just started typing lol.  Maybe two or three chapters? Please forgive me!
And forgive me again because this chapter is pretty short. I get bored easily if I write too long. Even though this was short but it took me 2 hours to think and write. (and no I'm not exagerating) XD
But to make it up to you guys tomorrow I'll finish this fic and update my other fics. Since the holidays are for a month, I'm gonna use this precious time to keep updating my fics everyday cause I doubt next year I'll be able to be on AFF all the time. Next year I've got a big exam not to mention I stay at boarding school. Oh and I was suppose to finish this fic on Yuri's birthday but my computer immediately shut down when I was ALMOST done with ONE WHOLE CHAPTER THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A ONE-SHOT. And because of that I was fed up and decided to restart my fic on the next day. Instead of updating I was reading Yuri and Changsoo fics.
 
 
comment and subscribe everyone! your comments will be my energy pill and motivates to continue writing!
 
12:45AM 8/12/2011