Ch 2. Twice

For The 2nd Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Seungcheol wondered why the words just came out on their own. Even though he pulled off the stunt quite smoothly, he didn't know how he was ever going to face Kisum ever again. It wasn't like she had accepted his "request" for a second date. He lay in his bed, trying to sleep on what he had just done but his date's pink cheeks and flustered actions kept appearing in front of his eyes every time he closed them.

Seungcheol shook his head and flipped back and forth in his queen-sized bed. I'm too old for this, he told himself over and over again. I don't have time for this.

 

-

 

"Hyung!" Seeing Mingyu's smiling face at 9 on a Saturday morning wasn't something he had been looking forward to. He was too tired for that. "You look dead. What happened?"

Seungcheol hadn't been able to sleep a wink last night and none of it was because of work. It had been almost a  week and he was trying to figure out how exactly he could get Kisum's contact information. Mingyu was the quickest option but he came with way too much baggage, aka his endless questions and the "I told you so" with an equally annoying grin.

After hours of contemplating, he finally decided to text his friend.

"Give me Kisum's phone number."

"I'll see you tomorrow at 9 at our usual place."

"Can't you just text it to me?"

"Where's the fun in that? Also, I have something to give to you."

"Don't be late."

 

Seungcheol groaned at thought of meeting Mingyu to ask for Kisum's number after he was the one who had so strongly opposed to the blind date in the first place.

"So, why do you want her number?" Mingyu wiggled his eyebrows and Seungcheol felt way too tired to smack his friend right in the head.

"I lent her my jacket."

"And?"

"I said I'd get it back on our second date."

"Whoa there Mr. Smooth. So you guys are going on a second date?" Mingyu looked like he was the one scoring a second date instead.

"Well not exactly. I just said it. That's why I need her phone number."

"Hmm..." Mingyu took out his phone, "before that, don't you have something to tell me?"

"What?"

"Who's the one that set you up, huh? Where's my thank you kiss?"

"Dude, no." Seungcheol's face turned sour at the thought of kissing his friend. "Gross!"

"Not when my hunny buns does it."

Seungcheol almost gagged at that nickname. "You're 25, man. That's too much." He reminded Mingyu. "What's his actual name?"

"Jeon Wonwoo. Isnt that's such a hot name?" Mingyu looked off into the distance, a satisfied grin on his face.

Seungcheol groaned at his friend's lovesick expression. "Just give me her number already."

"Okay, fine but I'm the best man at your wedding. Deal?"

Seungcheol shook his head, "There is no wedding. I'm just going to get my jacket back."

"Is that so?"

The look Mingyu was sporting made Seungcheol suspicious but he decided to go along with it. Mingyu his phone and soon he was typing away on it with a mischievous smile plastered on his face. He giggled a bit as soon as he finished.

"Stop flirting with your boyfriend." He said. "Can you please just give me the number?"

Mingyu looked up from his phone, the smile still present. "No need. I already set up a date for you guys. She'll text you once she decides on a location."

Seungcheol's eyes went wide as he stared at his friend. "You did not..."

"I want to see you get married already! This is what friends are for."

"Kim Mingyu! You-"

"Jihoon hyung said to give it to you!" Mingyu slammed an envelope onto the table before Seungcheol could even curse at him.

Seungcheol's whole body went stiff as he eyed the envelope.

"He said you wouldn't answer his calls. I don't know what happened to you two but he told me to give it to you."

Seungcheol already knew what was inside the envelope and he really didn't want to confirm his suspicion. The pangs on his chest were growing more and more painful the longer he looked at it.

Mingyu snapped his fingers in front of his friend. "Hey?"

"Y-yeah?" Seungcheol looked back at Mingyu, his face pale and eyes blank.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

 

-

 

Junghan stared at his sister, the words still processing in his brain.

"Oppa! Answer me." She said.

"This is all your fault," he pointed at Kisum with his foot. "If you didn't make me go out with-"

"No one said to make him actually like you,"

"He doesn't like me..." the uncertainty in his tone didn't seem to convince his sister.

"Well, what are you gonna do? Should I say yes?"

Junghan looked at his sister, mind filled with conflicting thoughts. On one hand he wanted to return the jacket to its owner but on the other, he didn't know where this was going.

He suddenly recalled Seungcheol's words from the night before, and his cheeks flushed red.

"If you like him, just tell me. I won't judge." Kisum sat down onto the Junghan's bed. She looked at her brother with concerned eyes and Junghan knew what it meant. They were going to have that talk again. He placed his hand on his sister's hand and gave it a light squeeze. "Mom and dad don't have to know,” she said.

"I'm fine. I know you'd never do that, but I am not interested in him. Don't worry." He assured Kisum.

"But what if he's interested in you?" She asked.

Junghan remained silent. He had no idea what would happen. But he knew it would never work for them. Seungcheol wasn't gay, he reminded himself. He shook his head when he realized that his thoughts were preoccupied with useless things.

"Should I tell him no then?" Kisum pulled out her phone from her pocket.

"No," he said, "give me his number. I'll text him myself."

"...okay."

 

-

 

Seungcheol fiddled with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter