Ch. 9 Rebirth

For The 2nd Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kisum?"

 

He felt Seungcheol's body became stiff under his touch. Jeonghan quickly took his arms off of Seungcheol when he realized that they were still standing in that position. He opened his mouth but when he looked back up, his voice got caught in his throat at the sight of his sister.

 

Seungcheol cleared his throat as he rubbed his left arm nervously and looked down. Jeongcheol ran to Kisum, who had her eyes still wide and mouth hanging open. He grabbed her arm and dragged her to the living room, leaving Seungcheol to awkwardly stand in the kitchen.

 

Jeonghan whispered, but it was anything but a whisper. "I can explain..."

 

Kisum wore a smirk on her face, her arms crossed. "Where's my thanks?"

 

Jeonghan furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

 

"I introduced you too, right? If I hadn't sent you on that date, you-"

 

Jeonghan quickly put his hand over Kisum's mouth as he saw Seungcheol walking into the living room.

 

 Kisum playfully bit Jeonghan's hand and the latter quickly let go and wiped his hand against his jeans.

 

"Kisum-ssi, please, let me explain." Seungcheol walked over and stood next to Jeonghan. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. From the black, branded leather wallet, he took out a business card and offered it to Kisum, who watched everything with an amused smile on her face.

 

Kisum examined the card and looked up, "Hmm... Choi Seungcheol- ssi?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Do you like my brother?"

 

Jeonghan's eyes went wide as he stared at Kisum. He felt the heat rising to his face. Oh my God, this idiot!

 

 

-

 

 

Seungcheol blinked fast, unable to grasp the situation. His heart quickened its pace as he glanced to his right, where Jeonghan stood, frozen. His insides felt fuzzy and warm just by looking at the person next to him. How could he ever say no to that?

 

"Yes!" He blurted out rather fast and he noticed how quickly Jeonghan's head was to turn and face him, his face completely pink with embarrassment. Seungcheol felt himself get lost in those brown orbs, "I like him... alot."

 

Kisum's squealing brought Seungcheol back to reality. "I don't know if that's the cheesiest or sweetest thing I've ever heard."

 

Seungcheol was taken aback. He thought Kisum would be surprised, angry, upset, tell them to break up or threaten him or Jeonghan. Isn't that how you're normally supposed to react? 

 

Seungcheol thought about Jihoon. If he came out back then and said the same thing out loud in front of Jihoon's sister, would she also have the same reaction? No... no, there's no way.

 

"Well, Choi Seungcheol-ssi, welcome to the Yoon family. But please, keep the PDA to a minimum when I'm home. Otherwise, you're free to do whatever you want to h-" Jeonghan's hand covered Kisum's mouth one more time as he quickly dragged her towards her room, Seungcheol chuckling in the background.

 

 

-

 

 

The snowflake fell on Junghan's cheek as he stepped out of his store. It had been snowing for the past two hours and the snow had piled up quite a bit. Junghan hoped that the bus would still be running. As he locked the front door of the flower shop, he heard tires crunching the snow as it pulled up into the small parking lot. He turned around, hoping it wasn't a customer because he did not want to reopen the store just for that. It was getting late and he wanted to be in his bed already. 

 

A man in a brown coat and black dress shoes stepped out of the car, looking at the closed sign on the door. Jeonghan noticed the familiar side profile but it was too dark to be sure. He shook his head. It couldn't be...

 

The man turned around and it was him. It was Jihoon. Jeonghan felt a pang in his chest as the two made eye contact. Jihoon gave a little smile and Jeonghan was stunned. What's going on...?

 

Jihoon quietly approached him, "Nice seeing you again."

 

"Uh, yes, hi. What brings you here?" Jeonghan tried to control his expressions. He's not upset, he told himself.

 

"Oh, just wanted to get some flowers for my wife. It's a little late now, huh?" Jihoon turned to look at the store with the lights off.

 

"Oh, I see..." Jeonghan gulped, unsure of what to do. Should I offer to open the store just for Jihoon? It would be rude not to but if I do, what does that tell Jihoon? He shook his head, clearing his head of all the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter