Ch 7. For The 2nd Time

For The 2nd Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jeonghan couldn't breathe. He was literally suffocating and he felt something heavy on his side. He squirmed backwards to escape the hold he was in. As he finally gathered his breath and thoughts, the morning sun peeking through the curtains illuminated the figure in front of his face.

 

Seungcheol’s hair was a mess and he wore a faded smile on his face despite being asleep. His chest rose and fell with the rhythm of his breaths and Jeonghan realized it was the other’s chest that his face was buried in. A light blush crept up on Jeonghan’s face as he recalled the night before.

 

“I wanna thank you... and I love you…”

 

The sweet taste of Seungcheol’s lips still remained on his lips as he traced it with his finger before shutting his eyes. He was far too embarrassed to even face the other. He shuffled out of bed despite wanting eagerly to stay in longer and stare at perfection. But his heart was going to burst if he faced Seungcheol any longer and he needed to make breakfast. Seungcheol hadn't eaten anything for dinner yesterday and Jeonghan could literally hear his stomach grumbling. It was cute but it wasn't surprising that Seungcheol had slept so much. He was probably very exhausted, Jeonghan thought.

 

“he's my ex”

 

The jolt in Jeonghan’s chest caused more pain than he thought it would. It was troubling to  think that maybe Seungcheol was still in love with his ex and Jeonghan didn't want to think about it. He shook it off as he glanced over one last time at the man in a dress shirt, sleeping like a baby.

 

-

 

Seungcheol woke up to the smell of his favourite soup. He smiled as he felt a sudden warm and cozy feeling in his stomach. He pushed his face into the pillow and inhaled the smell of Jeonghan’s fruity shampoo mixed with a collection of different flowers. Seungcheol wasn't sure if it was the flowers in his shop or Jeonghan being the most fragrant flower that gave off that incredible smell. He settled on the latter as he looked around the bedroom.

 

His smile fell and turned into a cute pout. Did Jeonghan already leave for work? But as per the clock on the wall across from the bed, it was only 6am. He decided to get out of bed and maybe grab something to eat as he felt his stomach churn and make embarrassing noises.

 

The moment he stepped into the kitchen, his previously steady heart rate accelerated and a smile became present on his face. He bit his bottom lip as he tilted his head and stared at the back of Jeonghan. His beautiful hair was tied up in a pony tail, his pale neck exposed and looking oh so kissable. The thought caused Seungcheol to blush.

 

-

 

The exhaust fan in the kitchen was almost deafening, which is why Jeonghan hated cooking but it couldn't be helped. He had to make something for Seungcheol before he left for work himself. It was a weekend but as an owner of a store and having only one (and a very unreliable one) employee was not working in Jeonghan’s favour either. He cracked the 2nd egg and it sizzled over the heat.

 

Jeonghan turned off the stove as he realized the egg was almost finished cooking. It was just the way he liked it, sunny side up. He hoped Seungcheol would also like it, along with the soybean soup cooking in the other pot.

 

Jeonghan almost flinched when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist and squeeze him gently. His breath hitched when Seungcheol buried his nose into the crook of Jeonghan’s neck. Jeonghan could feel the other smiling against his skin and it caused the heat to travel to his face.

 

“Good morning,” Seungcheol whispered next to his ear, his lips grazing against his skin. Jeonghan was never the ticklish type but at that moment, he felt so vulnerable under the other’s touch.

 

“...good morning,” Jeonghan breathed out, the words barely audible.

 

Seungcheol’s hold loosened from around his waist and Jeonghan felt a pang of disappointment. He was starting to miss the warmth already. He turned his head to see what Seungcheol was up to now and was met with his gentle gaze. He said something but Jeongcheol couldn’t hear it over the sound of the loud fan.

 

“What?” he mouthed and turned around, Seungcheol only a few inches apart.

 

Seungcheol suddenly moved in on Jeonghan, causing the flustered man to move backwards. Jeonghan held onto the handle of the cooking range as he leaned back as much as he possibly could without burning himself. Seungcheol was closing in on him with a hint of mischief in his deep brown eyes. It was doing very dangerous things to Jeonghan’s heart. He held his breath as the other reached his arm over Jeonghan’s head.

 

Jeonghan shut his eyes tightly, lips ready to pucker incase of a sudden kiss attack. Instead, he heard a sudden quietness and Seungcheol’s deep, husky voice, “I said, the fan is too loud.”

 

Jeonghan’s eyes flickered open and he blinked in realization before letting out the breath he was holding. How embarrassing!

 

“Oh, right, thanks.” He quickly looked away from the male who refused to back away. “I was just cooking some brea-”

 

And before Jeonghan could finish his sentence, Seungcheol’s warm lips had made their way to his forehead, placing a gentle kiss, before returning to face the flustered long haired male again.

 

“Thank you for everything.”

 

“Yo-you’re welcome… but-”

 

“I think the egg is burning,” Seungcheol backed away and Jeonghan’s eyes went wide as he turned back to his cooking.

 

-

 

“Oh no! That was the last egg, too…” Jeonghan was pouting on his own and Seungcheol felt like he could die from way his heart was pounding so aggressively.

 

Even though it didn’t look like it, Seungcheol was extremely nervous about everything, especially because he didn’t want to move too fast. Because the first time was enough to tell him how dangerous that was, giving away all your true emotions and making yourself vulnerable. But with Jeonghan, it deemed impossible to resist expressing his affection for the stunning man.

 

It was then that it hit Seungcheol like a truck - the fact that he just assumed Jeonghan was gay, or at least bi. And not to mention that Seungcheol never himself mentioned he himself was gay. So what exactly was happening between the two? What sort of silent agreement was there for them to act the way they did?

 

Seungcheol’s face turned bitter when the thoughts became to cluster his mind and he didn’t realize Jeonghan glancing at him, “I’m sorry, you can have the first egg I made.”

 

“Huh?” Seungcheol blinked and came back to reality. “Oh, no, it’s fine.”

 

Jeonghan set the food on the small dining table in the kitchen. “I insist,” he said, taking a seat.

 

Seungcheol followed him and did the same, unable to stop the smile from creeping back onto his face again after seeing Jeonghan’s face. His stray lock of hair was covering his face again. It looked longer somehow. It looked beautiful; he looked beautiful.

 

“In that case, we can share it.” Seungcheol said, picking up a pair of chopsticks and dividing the egg in half. “Does that work?”

 

“Uh, sure.”

Seungcheol could watch Jeonghan eat forever, but the poor man was struggling to keep his stray lock of hair out of his food. It was adorable nonetheless.

 

-

 

Jeonghan dipped his spoon into the bowl of soup and brought it closer to his face. He would have to somehow get his hair out of the way in order for him to put the soup in his mouth without getting his hair dirty.

 

But before Jeonghan could bring his hand up to move away his hair, he felt Seungcheol lean from across the table and tuck his stray locks softly behind his ear. Jeonghan looked up and then away because Seungcheol was smiling at him and at this rate, he felt like his heart would explode.

 

“I think you need a pin for that while you eat,” Seungcheol said as he sat back down.

 

“Yeah…” Jeonghan replied, breathlessly.

 

-

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter