Ch 6. Angel

For The 2nd Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Warning] Unedited chapter - there may be spelling and/or grammar mistakes so I apologize in advance.

 

 

 

“Junghan-ssi, wait!”

 

Junghan paused and turned around. Jihoon was standing there with a paper bag in his hand.

 

“Please accept this at least.” He said, walking up to Junghan.

 

“What is this?”

 

“It's some food and a small gift all guests receive. I wanted to thank you for your hard work.” Jihoon held out the bag and Junghan hesitantly reached for it.

 

“Thank you. I'll eat it well.” He smiled and bowed again. “I hope everything goes well. Congratulations.”

 

Jihoon, however, had his eyes wide, mouth slightly gaping. Junghan noticed he was looking past him and at something across the hall. “I- Thank you…” he said absentmindedly.

 

“Then I'll be leaving. Take care.”

 

“…you too,” the way Jihoon’s voice faded had Junghan almost concerned.

 

“Junghan!” The said male almost shivered at the voice that called him from behind. His heartbeat became extremely unsettled and it was starting to hurt his chest.

 

-

 

The blood in Seungcheol’s boiled as he made eye contact with Jihoon.

 

“I'm not gay.”

 

Jihoon’s eyes seemed to be mocking Seungcheol.

 

“I never loved you.”

 

Before he knew it, Seungcheol calling Junghan, feet almost stomping and the bouquet that had fallen to ground now back in his hand. He had long forgotten about his manager’s request and thrown away the little dignity he had left as he enveloped Junghan in his arm from behind, causing the other’s breath to hitch. His hand held onto each other over Junghan’s abdomen and he could feel the other’s back pressed against his own chest. The chills it sent down Seungcheol’s spine were exhilarating to say the least.

 

“Am I late?” he rested his chin on Junghan’s left shoulder which had tensed up extremely.

 

Seungcheol looked back to Jihoon and gave a tiny smirk. The look of confusion and pure shock on his face was mere satisfaction to Seungcheol.

 

“...you know each other?” Jihoon asked, taking a slight step back.

 

Seungcheol decided to release Junghan from his grasp before he gave him a heart attack. From the side view, Junghan looked extremely beautiful but also petrified. Seungcheol felt his guts wrenching with guilt, seeing what he had imposed on Junghan yet again. You're the biggest jerk, Lee Seungcheol.

 

“I-uh, we-” Junghan tried to present his defense but Seungcheol beat him to it.

 

“I should officially introduce you two.” Seungcheol’s shamelessness had exceeded the limit as he took Junghan’s hand into his own and lifting it up to showcase it to Jihoon. “This is Junghan, my lover.”

 

-

 

“Junghan, this is Lee Jihoon, my…” Seungcheol paused but Junghan wasn’t paying attention. He was busy trying to piece everything together. Did he miss something? Did Junghan have memory loss? Since when were the two of them lovers? He stared with his wide doe eyes at his hand intertwined with the other’s and the way it was warming up every part of him made Junghan’s cheeks and ears to change colour. The lingering warmth of Seungcheol’s touch around his back had Junghan wanting to hold onto Seungcheol’s hand even tighter to regain it back.

 

Jihoon’s voice broke Junghan out of his trance as he said, “Junghan-sii, you didn’t tell me you were waiting for Seungcheol.”

 

What? Waiting for him? What the hell is happening?

 

“It’s my fault, I decided to surprise him by showing up early.” Seungcheol loosened his grip a bit. “Apparently I was at the wrong reception, I forget the card you gave me at home, but please, accept these.”

 

Jihoon smiled awkwardly as he took the flowers from Seungcheol’s hand. “Thanks… I’m really glad you decided to come. Please sign in. I’ll see you at the reception then.” Jihoon said before turning around and walking towards the bride’s room. Junghan noticed his head slightly turning back to glance once more at them, flashing a faint smile.

 

Once Jihoon was out of sight, Seungcheol released his hand completely, the air touching Junghan’s left palm again as the other stepped back a bit, still staring in the direction Jihoon had disappeared into. Junghan parted his lips to state his confusion but lost all the questions when his eyes landed on Seungcheol’s face - the corners of his lips pulled down and his eyebrows furrowed together, his eyes moist and a light shade of pink. He looked upset, hurt, extremely pained and Junghan wondered if he had a part in any of this.

 

-

 

“Umm…”

 

Seungcheol’s head snapped in Junghan’s direction. The boy’s angelic face was ridded in confusion and the amount of guilt Seungcheol was experiencing exceeded the limit. He blinked, realizing his eyes were slightly wet.

 

“I-I’m so sorry! I can explain…” He said.

 

Seungcheol was expecting to be yelled and cursed at, or at least a kick to the knee for randomly groping and calling him his boyfriend. Instead, all he got was an “is everything alright?” With a worried expression from Junghan.

 

“Yeah… I’m fine… But about earlier, I-”

 

“It’s okay, I’m not angry.” Junghan smiled and Seungcheol could have sworn that for a second there, he could see a halo over the other’s head. He found himself gaping at the angel in front of him. His heart lost control once again and all he wanted to do was hold Junghan and bury himself in the other’s embrace. But he couldn’t do that. Junghan wasn’t actually his lover - the thought of it hurt Seungcheol more than he had anticipated.

 

-

 

Junghan followed Seungcheol to the staircase. He had promised to explain everything and had apologized several times, so much so that Junghan was starting to feel bad for being apologized to.

 

Once they arrived, Junghan took a seat on the stairs was pleasantly surprised when Seungcheol took a seat next to him, despite being in a very nice, expensive looking suit.

 

He took in a deep breath before starting, “What I did there was wrong and I am so sorry,”

 

“You’ve already said that. Anything else?” Junghan bit his lower lip, eyes eagerly looking for something else in Seungcheol’s words.

 

Seungcheol let out another sigh, “Jihoon, he’s my ex…”

 

Junghan stared blankly, unable to process what was being said. “W-what?”

 

“He invited me to his wedding and I needed a partner so when I saw you, I lied about us being lovers. I’m so sorry for using you like that.”

 

It wasn’t the fact that Seungcheol used Junghan that caused the pang on his chest but rather the words that emphasized that they weren’t lovers. Of course, Junghan knew they weren’t but it didn’t stop the lump forming in his throat. He swallowed thickly before faking a smile. They sat there for a while, none speaking a single word.

 

“What are you going to do about the wedding?” Junghan asked.

 

Seungcheol turned his face towards Junghan, eyes piercing through his soul as if he was trying to read Junghan’s mind. Seungcheol’s eyes were dilated and a darker shade than Junghan remembered

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter