Ch 1. First Date

For The 2nd Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Note: I make switches between Seungcheol and Junghan's POV so if Seungcheol is referring to Junghan as Kisum, you'll know why. Also, I've made section breaks between each time I switch so it'll be pretty obvious. Sorry for the confusion.]

 

Seungcheol looked at his watch. Mingyu was late again. He took a sip of his coffee before putting the cup down and typing away on his laptop again. The lawsuit was coming to a conclusion and Seungcheol hadn’t felt this relieved since forever. He was finally going to get his long deserved break. Working at a law firm was tiring, he had to admit, and often he would spend long nights in his office, flipping through countless files. Two painkillers and at least a dozen papercuts later, Seungcheol always found himself collapsing in his office chair. He didn’t recall the last time he had more than five hours of sleep on an actual bed. And now Mingyu was wasting his precious time by making him meet up and then having the audacity to be twenty minutes late.

Seungcheol lifted his gaze from the laptop once he heard Mingyu’s deep voice echo through the entire café. “Hyung!” The tall boy was panting and sweat was glistening off his olive skin. “Hyung!” he said again.

The said hyung simply motioned towards the seat across from him and Mingyu smiled before walking over and sitting down.

“You’re late.” Seungcheol said.

Mingyu wasn’t listening though. He was too busy downing an entire glass of water.

Seungcheol shook his head and looked back at his work again. “Why did you want to mee-“

“Hyung!” Mingyu startled the older. “I found a boyfriend!”

“What are you talking about?” Seungcheol raised his eyebrows as he looked up.

Mingyu smiled widely again. “I went on a blind date and I think he likes me!”

“Who would like an idiot like you?”

“I’m serious! You should try it too, hyung. I bet you can find your dream girl.”

“Not interested.”

“Aww, hyung~”

“Stop. I have work to do. I don’t have time for dating.”

“Just try it, okay?”

Seungcheol rolled his eyes. He really didn’t have the energy nor time for such a thing. He hated blind dates more than anything. “No thanks.”

Mingyu continued to whine and complain about how Seungcheol would end up dying alone while holding his files to his chest. The younger really was eager and Seungcheol wished his friend would just shut up about it.

“You know, Jihoon hyung’s wedding is next month. I really wish you would also find someone an-“

“Fine, I’ll do it so just shut it already.”

Seungcheol figured having coffee with a stranger couldn’t be worse than hearing Mingyu’s constant nagging and annoying chatter. Nothing could be worse than that for that matter.

 

-

 

“Oppa, please?” Kisum pulled onto Junghan’s sleeve as she pouted at her older brother. “Do it for me this once?”

“Just cancel it.”

“I can’t!” Kisum whined, “I promised my senior. If I don’t go, he’ll taunt me for the rest of my life. I’ll cover for you for the entire week if you do this! Just this once, okay?”

Junghan bit his lower lip and pondered over the idea of having a week off of work. It sounded like a pretty sweet deal for a relatively simple task. “So, I just need to go on this blind date, right?”

“Yes! Just pretend that you’re Kisum and-“

“What?”

“Well you’re going as me, so-”

“Hold on there, going as you?” He got up from his bed and glared at his sister. “Do you think that makes any sense?“

“I know, but just this once. I promise I’ll never do it again!” Kisum managed to pout with all her might. She knew it works like a charm on her older brother.

“The other person will know I am a dude. This won’t possibly work.” Junghan said.

“Do you how many people mistake you for a girl on a regular basis? And your long hair is perfect for this, oppa.”

“No, I can’t possibly-“

 

-

 

“Why am I doing this…?” Junghan looked down at his sister’s clothes that he was currently wearing. His outfit wasn’t too girly. Just a pair of jeans topped with a t-shirt and a light denim jacket. There was no way he was going to agree to the dress Kisum had suggested. He let out a sigh as he ran his hand through his wavy long hair. They fell perfectly on his shoulder and he wished he had cut his hair so his sister couldn’t pressure him into doing such a ridiculous task. He just hoped that the man wouldn’t get too suspicious and to just get over it quickly.

Junghan let out a sigh as he took a sip from his glass of water. He had arrived a bit too early for the “date”. He looked around for the man his sister had described earlier that day:

“He’s going to be wearing a black blazer and dress shoes. His friend told me.”

There was no one at the cafe currently that fit the appearance. Junghan pulled out his phone and figured he'd pass some time sorting out the catalogue he had been working on.

 

-

 

Seungcheol felt unnecessarily nervous as he walked through the door of the cafe. He pulled out his phone and called Mingyu.

"Hello?" the latter answered.

"You didn't tell me how she's supposed to look. How am I supposed to find her?"

"Oh right, she has blonde hair. Up to her shoulders? That's what she told me over the phone."

"That's very useless but thanks anyways," Seungcheol hung up, and looked around for a blonde. There were two girls who fit that description and he really didn't want to ask both.

Seungcheol took in a deep breath before walking up to the person sitting alone next to a window. She was looking out the window, lost in her thoughts.

"Excuse me." Seungcheol said. "Are you-"

"I'm sorry I have a boyfriend." She said without even sparing a glance towards the male.

Seungcheol raised his eyebrows and a small laugh escaped his mouth. He was at a loss for words at how ridiculous this was. He really hated blind dates. He looked to the other blonde on her phone. As much as he wanted to just walk out of the cafe, he was not one to go back on his word, so he decided that he'd try one and final time.

"Kisum-ssi?" Seungcheol really hoped he was right this time.

He was.

The blonde girl looked up from her phone, her round doe eyes looking a bit surprised. He found that rather attractive.

 

-

 

Junghan coughed a little and attempted to make his voice as high as he possibly could without sounding ridiculous. "Oh, yeah, I'm Kisum." He felt so weird saying that.

The blind date was better looking than Junghan had expected. He was dressed up in a neat black suit, just as his sister had said.

"Hi, I'm Seungcheol. Nice to meet to you." He bowed lightly and smiled.

Junghan found himself smiling back unconsciously. "Have a seat."

Seungcheol sat across from Junghan. But Junghan was a novice when it came to blind dates. He had no idea what he should do next. He looked around and then back at the guy in front of him. Kisum sure missed out, Jung Han thought as he eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter