The Worst Boyfriend

Wild, Young and Madly in Love

chapter 5: the worst boyfriend

at the waiting room, iKoncert day 2.

featuring indecisive bobby, momma boy dong-baby, cowardly junhoe, player jinan, jealous yoyo, self-centred chanwoo and then there's hanbin...

"Come on, Jinhwan hyung is a player! How could he be worse than me?" Bobby was unpleased with the first attack from Kim Jinhwan. "You make girls run out of patience! Not just girls, even guys would leave you!" Jinhwan retorted. "This won't do. Let's go ask the girls. They'd have a better thought on this," Yunhyeong concluded before the Kimbap vs Jinan World War II would occur. Hanbin also agreed to this and they all moved towards where the girls were.

On the other side of the waiting room, at a corner specifically were two girls busy fangirling over Yoo Jung sunbae. Who is Yoo Jung sunbae you ask? The infamous well-mannered third year sunbae in the cable drama, Cheese in the Trap. Yes, a fictional drama character was enough to make them squeal more than they do when they see their boyfriends. Not that they ever did. Especially Hayi. But Yoo Jung sunbae was an exception.

Seeing the guys approaching them, Soohyun quickly exited the video and hid her tablet not wanting to face a pouty Jinhwan at the end of the day. He didn't like it when she watched the drama not because of Yoo Jung sunbae but because of another actor in it; Nam Joohyuk. The very guy that was scouted to be one of the few actors under YG and the one who starred in AKMU's music video gaining massive interest due to his charming looks. In other words, the only guy Jinhwan feel like he would lose against.

"Have you guys seen the video?" Yunhyeong started. "What video?" Hayi was still in a blur after pretending not to have fangirl over a drama character earlier. "The one where we act like the worst boyfriends? The one they showed yesterday?"

"Oh yeah!" the girls bursted out laughing remembering each of the member's acting. After managing to calm down, Soohyun asked, "Yeah, so what about it?"

"We're having a debate on who's the worst boyfriend," Bobby explained. "Why...?" Hayi drawled. "Because there's nothing to do and there's like four hours left before the concert," Hanbin answered as if it was something obvious.

"I'm saying it's Jinhwan hyung. I mean would you date him if he was a player?" Bobby asked Soohyun and she immediately shook her head. "Hah! See!" he pointed his finger to Jinhwan as if saying 'I told you so.' "But then again, yours was soooo frustrating, oppa. Like what man can't make a firm decision? Oh poor Yoojung..." Hayi interrupted causing the latter to frown. "Yah! We're talking about the video, not reality!" Bobby shouted. "Really...?" Soohyun doubtedly looked at him with a suspicion that he was not like that in real life.

Bobby grunted and crossed his arms, giving up on going against them. Those two might be like cute little dongsaengs but only he knew how scary they could be. He also knew he could never win against them teamed up together. "Alright, let's move on. I'm saying it's Junhoe," Jinhwan voiced out his opinion. In his point of view, a guy who couldn't protect his own girl shouldn't even deserve one. "But why do I feel like that's how he really is in real life? Show-off and cowardly," Hanbin commented which earned nods from the others who agreed.

"I CAN HEAR YOU, HANBIN HYUNG! AND NO, I WILL PROTECT HANBYUL EVEN IF I HAVE TO DIE!" Junhoe who was getting his hair done across the room shouted. Hanbin fumed, " YOU, GOO JUNHOE!"

The others chuckled at this, trying not to laugh so hard in case Hanbin felt offended. It all started with just one statement from Tablo at his radio show and now the 'Hanbyul is Junhoe's' words would never leave Hanbin's life. Even behind the scenes, Junhoe loved making fun of his hyung using Hanbyul as his weapon just so he could fuel up the elder. The other members found it even more amusing at how Hanbin literally would anger up just by a poke from Junhoe.

"Aish, I swear I would have kill that dude if he wasn't the main vocal for this concert!" he knocked over a plastic bottle on the table next to him in an attempt to vent his anger.

"What about Yunhyeong? Like that is excessive jealousy?" Bobby ignored Hanbin and moved on to discuss the other members. "That's nothing. I mean they'd still date those kind of guys. If not, why would they even date these two? No offence," Yunhyeong clarified quickly. "Wow, none taken," Jinhwan sarcastically replied. "It's true though. When I acted, I imagined that I was you hyung! Or Hanbin!" Yunhyeong blurted. "Yup, still none taken, Yunhyeong hyung," Hanbin joined the eldest with an unamused face. But they couldn't deny it either. They knew that they could be sometimes a little bit jealous when they see their girlfriends with other guys.

"So who won't you date if you were a girl, oppa?" Soohyun shot the question to Hanbin. A bit taken aback by the question, he still answered it nevertheless. "Donghyuk." This simple answer earned grimaces from all present as they recalled how the latter acted. It was finger curling, toe curling, body squriming, make you feel like punching him kind of thing, you name it. "Thank goodness he's not like that in real life or I'd pity his girlfriend for having to compete with his mom," Hayi quipped. "And no, don't try and test me out on this or I will dump you, Kim Hanbin. I mean it." She stared right at her boyfriend who gulped nervously as if he just got caught. It always amazed Hanbin how she would knew what he was thinking most of the time. Kind of scary too.

"Yah, yah, but you know what's the funniest scene in that video?" Yunhyeong was already laughing before he could tell. "Chanwoo."

The one name was enough to cause another round of laughter. Chanwoo who was too immersed in his game managed to cough a few times as if sensing his name was being mentioned.

"Wassup baby?" Soohyun tried mimicking Chanwoo in the video with her two hands making V signs. "Ah, but seriously the part where his part matches the scene in the video, that was gold," Hayi commented. "Yeah, when was making fun of President Yang not gold?" Yunhyeong agreed.

After another round of laughter died down, Jinhwan realized that only Hanbin was left, only his character was the one they had not talked about yet. And just then, a brilliant idea popped inside his genius head. One of those crazy moments when Soohyun's curiosity infected him. "Say Hayi, how do you feel about a naggy boyfriend? How about stingy?"

"Oh you mean Hanbin?" Bobby unintentionally clarified Jinhwan's purpose. "Hyung, obviously she wouldn't mind guys like that. If not, why in the world would she date Hanbin?" Yunhyeong interrupted before the girl could even utter an answer. "I'm right here! If you want to talk bad about me at least do it behind my back, hyung!" Hanbin who was literally few metres apart yelled. "And I am not naggy nor stingy!"

"Right," his hyungs drawled at the same time which made him more frustrated. The three of them were definitely enjoying getting their leader frustrated in front of Hayi because Hanbin only do the most absurd of things because of her.

"It's true! How can I be naggy? I am soooo not naggy. In fact I'm like the least naggy person," he huffed before continuing again. "Why am I even debating about this?! I thought this was supposed to be the characters in the video. And I am nothing like that guy in the video! I am not naggy, Hayi yah, tell them I'm not!" Hanbin sighed after realizing the whole gang was staring at him with judging looks. It was then that he realized he was too worked up over a little teasing that he even stood up and gave a lecture on how he was NOT naggy.

"Aish, really I'm not! I'm just too worked up over you guys! This is not me!!"

"Let's break up," the three words left Hayi's mouth and Hanbin didn't know whether to take it seriously or not. "Soohyun-ah, turn on the drama again. I need a Yoo Jung to clear my mind from that guy," she ushered the younger to which Soohyun gladly obeyed. "What?! That guy?! Yah Lee Hayi, you can't be serious..."

Yunhyeong, Jinhwan and Bobby slowly made their exit as they left Hanbin to ramble about how he did not deserve to be treated like this. It was better to let Hanbin be like that on his own rather than having to deal with his heartbreak, again. "Hurm, how many times has it been now?"

"Five." A simple, short but accurate answer from Chanwoo startled the trio. "What the...when did you even show up here?" Bobby who was the most shocked since Chanwoo literally popped beside him like a mushroom barely managed to refrain from cursing. "Just now," he innocently answered. "For the thousandth time, make sound when you walk!" Yunhyeong who suffered the most of Chanwoo's sudden appearances since he was the latter's roommate, exasperated. "Wait, did you just keep count of how many times they break up?" Jinhwan air quoted the word 'break up' since the two always ended up getting back together. Plus, they always broke up over the pettiest thing so far so there wasn't really any real fights.

"Yup. It's also been Hayi noona doing the dumping," Chanwoo provided more information based on his keen observation. Really, the kid could sell a book on all the things he knew about YG artists. The three hyungs laughed, only now realizing the truth in his words. "Hanbin never dared to dump Hayi because if he did, he's afraid it's going to be permanent," Yunhyeong declared and they nodded their heads agreeing.

"Okay Hi Suhyun, rehearsal, let's move it!" the interruption from the staff immediately cut off the trios' laughters and Hanbin's begging-on-his-knees session. Hayi and Suhyun left without even turning back at the poor Hanbin. Bobby did too but with a slight chuckle which only fuelled up the latter. Hanbin swore that after the concert was over, Kimbap was going to pay for starting this stupid debate and making him the worst boyfriend in reality.

 

a/n: go and check out the vcr they showed at the concert if you haven't! it's super funny I laugh every time I see it really xD it's inspired from that lol because their acting is just gold.