You're My Type

Wild, Young and Madly in Love

tumblr_nuodh353KX1rm2m5ho7_400.gif

chapter 2: you're my type

Jisoo and Jennie rang the doorbell, a basket of fruits in Jisoo's hand, waiting impatiently till the door was opened. "You're here!" Hanbin was the one to greet them. He invited them in as Jisoo handed him the gift. "You got us fruits?" he arched an eyebrow. "What? I'm a trainee, you're the idol. Be thankful we even got you a present," Jennie snarkily replied. Hanbin could only chuckle to her statement. She was right, after all, Jennie was not one to get people presents that often.

"Everyone here yet? Where's Hayi?" Jisoo asked as she noticed the Winner members playing with the rest of the gang. "Oh she's here, somewhere. I'll go check on her," Hanbin excused himself. He wandered down the hallway, wondering where his girlfriend could have gone. He noticed that the door to his room was ajar and yes, Hayi was there. He saw her staring at a picture by the bedside table and grinned. He tiptoed carefully before covering Hayi's eyes. "Who could it be?~" The girl laughed, part of her was still not believing this side of him. The childish, adorable side of B.I.

"Urm, Bobby oppa?" she joked. Hanbin immediately let go of his hands and she turned to find a pouting Hanbin. "Yah!" he was not mad or jealous because she said Bobby's name, but he was embarassed that she still of the incident which happened months ago. He perfectly clarified that there was no way he would get jealous of his hyung now, not after he confirmed for himself that hyung was completely like a brother to Hayi. He regretted as to why he was so sensitive then.

Hayi laughed before changing the topic. "I like this pic but is it really okay to put it here?" she pointed towards the picture she had been observing earlier. It was a picture of her and Hanbin only, making her somewhat feel uncomfortable. "What if someone else sees? What if a sasaeng broke in and saw this and upload it online? I'm dead, Hanbin, dead!" It wasn't like Hayi to be dramatic but she knew sasaengs well enough to know how scary they could be.

"Chill, we just debuted. There's no way a sasaeng would break in," he shrugged. "And when there is?"

"Just let me keep it there for a while at least. I like that picture!" he defended. Part of him was annoyed because he had put in a lot of effort in printing and framing the picture and here Hayi was asking him why he would do such a thing. "Fine, but if President Yang did a surprise spot check in your room, I'm denying our relationship. I'll just say you have a one-sided love obsession towards me," she said.

"YAH LEE HAYI!"

 

Yunhyeong opened the boxes of pizza and laid them out on the wooden floor of the living room. Chanwoo ran back to the gang with drinks in his hands, handing them to each and every one of them. By then, Soohyun and Chanhyuk had arrived and were talking to Jinhwan and Bobby. The Winner members were playing a game and laughing boisterously every time one of them had to receive the punishment; a smacking flick on the forehead.

"Don't worry, oppa. It's just one date," Soohyun was eagerly persuading Bobby to go on a blind date. It wasn't really a blind date since she pretty much declared who the girl was. "Aish, I'm busy with debut, Soohyun-ah," he excused. The truth was he was slightly scared, he hadn't been in the dating world for quite some time and going out with Soohyun's actress friend was nerve-wrecking. He had just barely debuted and now he was going to go out with an actress? He felt like it wasn't really a priority compared to the work he had to do now they had debuted.

"But it's with the Kim Yoojung!" she exclaimed. Kim Yoojung is her close friend, one of less considering not many same-age friends were in the business. She had expressed her interest in Bobby a few times on cable and he knew of it. In fact, the members about it when the news broke out. He in fact had met her a couple of times as she is the emcee for Inkigayo and he had been there to promote for Masta Wu and Epik High. But it was just all greetings and bows, nothing more.

And so when he heard of her having real interest toward him, he freaked out.

"Yeah come on, Bobby. It's a date with one of Korea's promising actress," Jinhwan backed her up. "Yeah, she's also 17," he retorted. He wasn't sure he could handle the either. "What does that makes me then?" Jinhwan was unpleased every time someone mentioned the he has with Soohyun. He totally disregarded the stupid reason of not being able to date someone because of their age. Like what did it matter when love is all we need? "Hyung, I thought we all clarified you're a e ever since you started having a 'some' relationship with Soohyun," Bobby stated.

"WHAT?! Yah, how did this turn into insulting me?!" he fumed but Soohyun just shook it off. She knew he didn't mean it, he was just trying to get out of this. "Yoojung is pretty, capable, matured than most girls our age, kind, love animals, what more can you ask for in a girl? Oh for God's sake, just go on one date, oppa!"

"Bobby hyung, go on the damn date. You got a girl asking you out, not just any girl, a freaking actress. And here I am, not having an actress asking me out when I literally declared that I don't have any bans for dating on nationwide tv," Chanhyuk huffed. Soohyun, Jinhwan and Bobby were stunned by his words. They knew it had something to do with President Yang practically not even giving a care of whether he has a girlfriend or not. But that happened months ago, and yes, it still was brought up by Chanhyuk himself everytime the topic dating came up.

"O-okay," Bobby gave in, speechless after what Chanhyuk said. He did not have anything to counter that.

 

"To Ikon's future success! Cheers!" they all clanked their cans of cola together after Hanbin's speech as the leader of the group. They had released 'My Type' at 12.00 am the night before and the results were phenomenal. They managed to top charts and reached 1 million views in 12 hours. It was a huge thing for a rookie, no one had ever reached that level before.

Everyone began chatting, joking and eating their pizzas as if they were seated at a long table. Hanbin was seating next to Hayi and they were both talking to Seungyoon and Jennie. "Hey Hayi, do you know that 'My Type' is about you?" Seungyoon casually asked and Hanbin's eyes bulged. He almost spit his drink too to which Hayi handed him a tissue. "What the hell, hyung?!" he exasperated.

"What? It's obvious," Seungyoon chewed his bite of peperroni pizza while holding his can of cola in the other hand. "Urm, kinda?" Hayi blurted. Hanbin was once again shocked, she never mentioned it to him before. "You did?" "Well, I kind of wear 'slightly big cardigans' when we used to walk back to my dorm," she pointed out the lyrics. "Your gentle touch and your awkward motions?" Jennie chimed in. "Like really, Hanbin-ah?"

"What? It's every little thing that I love about her," he proudly declared. "Awww," she was slightly touched by it. Honestly, she was itching to ask about the song from the first time she heard it but she wasn't sure. Hearing Seungyoon, she confirmed that the song was indeed written because of her, for her, about her. "Spare me the reasons, bro. I think everyone can hear the lyrics and figure it out," Seungyoon shivered at his dongsaeng's cheesy ment. Hanbin could do wonders in writing songs like this because it was based on experience. And songs from experience are always the best.

"Ooh, are we gossiping about Hayi and Hanbin's love lives?" Seunghoon interrupted, munching his slice of pizza. He literally just popped out, Hanbin wasn't even sure what he was doing earlier. "It's not gossiping, it's making you barf kind of thing," Jennie quipped. "Girl, just because you don't have a boyfriend, don't hate me for it," Hanbin smirked. She scoffed, he did not just counter her like that. "At least I dated. Hayi is your first girlfriend, no need to go all braggy."

"How did you guys even met? Like how do you get close? Hayi debuted way earlier than us, I didn't even notice they were close," Seunghoon was actually very curious of the two. He was literally the last guy from the gang to find out about the relationship and when he did, he was very surprised. He didn't expect the shy, awkward Hayi could get together with Hanbin who was the opposite. Not to mention his undying love for his work.

Jennie faked a cough, "All thanks to me, of course." "You? What did you do?" Hayi retorted back. "Hello, I remember introducing you to the B.I., one who is fawned upon all the female trainees except me, of course."

"Except you? Sure about that, Jennie?" Hanbin teased. She glared at the latter, there was nothing in the world that could make her 'fawn upon' someone as rude and annoying as Hanbin. She couldn't even understand in what language did Hanbin meant perfection? Maybe because they were hardly ever on the same page.

"Nothing really. I got in the company pretty much at the same time as Hanbin did, got to know the trainees, ah Bobby oppa and Jinhwan oppa, they're so funny then," she chuckled remembering how they approached her because they were huge fans of her because of Kpop Star. "Then just so happen we live in the same neighbourhood, walked her home a few times, work a little Hanbin magic and bam, we're together," Hanbin concluded.

"Hanbin magic?" Jennie and Hayi resounded disbelief. "Yeah, if not, why are we here?" he wiggled his eyebrows. Hayi scoffed then laughed as Jennie gagged. Seunghoon and Seungyoon just laughed at their dongsaengs antics.

 

"Alright, alright, let's give it up to this year's hottest rookie, Ikon!" Seungyoon was holding his now empty can of cola as a mic, hyping the audience for this mini performance. Everyone decided that they deserved Ikon's first live performance of 'My Type' and after much persuasion, the boys agreed to sing in front of them with music courtesy from Jisoo's phone.

Bobby came in first with the ever so addictive melody and chorus, doing some random movements he would always do during practice. Then Hanbin continued with a little bit of singing followed by his rap. Hanbin's rap; one full of meaning due to real life events experienced by yours truly. He moved forward, targeting Hayi while rapping, which in return received a lot of cheers and whistles. She only laughed in return, Hanbin's overboard gestures towards her really got her cracking.

The song itself were words Hanbin used to tell about this beautiful girl in front of him. From the way she dresses, to the way she talks, the way she walks, the way she does anything normal and yet ended up being beautiful. The lyrics were detailed, anyone could tell Hanbin and Bobby put a lot of effort in describing their ideal types. In Hanbin's case, that person is Hayi.

 

A/N: it's up! I did not expect people would sub this fasttt!! You guys are awesome seriously. Keep calm and support HanbinxHayi alright?! ;)