Drunken Mistake

Wild, Young and Madly in Love

a/n: this is a short epilogue for the last chapter, so if you haven't read it, go back!

chapter 11: drunken mistake

Hanbin rarely drink because he mostly stayed up all night to write songs. He just turned 20 and so, the amount of bubble tea he had probably tripled the amount of alcohol that had ever entered his body. His mom usually mentioned the phrase, 'alcohol is the enemy,' and he heard of it from his seniors sometimes. He knew it was because of the mistakes, very very stupid, idiotic mistakes that people tend to make when they were only half-conscious.

But he only understood the feeling today.

The throbbing that he felt in his head made him feel like his head is splitting. It felt like he was spinning in circles and he didn't even crave for his morning coffee anymore. With a hand to support him against the wall, he managed to get out of his room in one piece.

"Well, good morning, leader hyung," Donghyuk smiled cynically. "Or should I say good afternoon?"

"Shut it," he was not in the mood to banter 's comebacks.

"Last night was overboard, huh?"

Hanbin shot his head up as he heard the voice. He wondered if hangover could cause hallucination as well.

"I brought you some hangover soup. You look like a wreck, man."

Nope, he was not imagining things. Jaewon was right there, sitting on the dining room chair in his dorm.

"I'm going now since you're awake, hyung. We all had to lie to the dance instructor that you weren't feeling well and I had to nurse you. But since you're up and Jaewon hyung's here, I'll get going first. Come to the practice room later after you get your head straight again," Donghyuk tapped Jaewon by the shoulder and sauntered away, put on his Converse and walked out the door.

Hanbin took a seat in front of Jaewon, the smell of the soup was indeed invigorating. He took a sip and relieved in the warmth it provided. It was like the insane headache he experienced earlier was slowly dissipating.

"So, what's up with you and Hayi?" Jaewon asked and Hanbin stopped from eating the soup. He met eyes with the latter, trying to decipher the meaning behind the question. "What's up with us?" he shot back. Jaewon just smiled smugly, making Hanbin feel nervous. "Okay, I get it. Draw a line with Hayi. Don't get too close to her because if that happens I guess you're going to end our friendship."

Hanbin froze. How in the world did he figure it out? But then again, he wouldn't go so dramatic as to not meet Jaewon again. Although Jaewon basically just read his mind of what he had been feeling these past few days.

"You don't remember? Don't tell me you have one of those after-drunk amnesia symptoms," Jaewon arched an eyebrow seeing Hanbin's clueless expression. "What?" Hanbin did not feel this was going to be any good. And it didn't because Jaewon just laughed. It irked him to know what happened.

"Think hard, dude. I'm gonna go," he got up and immediately headed to the door. Before opening it, Jaewon paused and turned back. "And yeah, don't worry. Hayi will appear as my little sister in my eyes from now on."

Hanbin's phone beeped and he sprung up from his seat back to his room. A message from Hayi was visible. He was smiling at first, but after reading its content, a cloud of gloom just suddenly loomed over him.

From: Hayi

Yeah, you're very cool about it, B.I. How am I supposed to face Jaewon oppa from now on?!?

He scrunched his face but then flashes of scene started to appear in his head.

"But why do you have to make a conflict in our friendship?"

"...you make it so difficult, hyung."

"But then you just had to bring up the topic of this shorty right here and how she's so cute..."

"I'm saying that can you not make me jealous?"

Those last words rang in his head over and over again. No way...

He wished he could turn back time. He wished he never drink that soju. He wished he never said those things. Nope, let me just dig a hole right here and bury myself in it.

And so, Hanbin's biggest conflict is resolved by creating a new problem he has to worry about now. He didn't know if Jaewon knew about them being a thing, or if he only thought that Hanbin fancied Hayi, or maybe Jaewon thought a little bit of both. Either ways, Hayi was going to kill him for this. And he didn't know how he could ever possibly talk to Jaewon again.

 

a/n: this is out of the blue but the next gg is black pink! just wondering who do you think would suit jennie, jisoo, lisa and rose? as in someone from yg. hmm