Prequel : When Bobby Features

Wild, Young and Madly in Love

A/N: Starting off with the mini story I've posted before because the plot picks up from there. To those that read em already, skip to chapter 3, okay?

prequel: when bobby features

It was another calm day in iKon's dorm, the weather was not too sunny nor raining, no birds were chirping but there was a piercing peace. Strangely, it wasn't a good thing. Because in iKon's dorm, a calm day shouldn't even exist. Not when the boys were working harder and more passionate as their debut date hadn't even been reached. They were working with all their sweat and blood to make sure that their debut would just be as they wanted, as they hoped for, as they dreamed of since years before. 

This could be said as the calm before the storm.

Because just then, that peace soon transitioned into something worth to be reckoned with.

"YAH KIM BAP!!!"

Bobby choked on his food as he heard his name being yelled across the dorm. Jinhwan helped to pat him on the back but that wasn't enough to prepare Bobby for what he was about to face. "Aish, I knew this would happen," Bobby scrunched his face as he wiped his mouth with a tissue. He threw it onto the dining table as he unwillingly dragged his two feet to the leader's room, where all the commotion came from.

"Yah... Bobby hyung seems like he's in deep trouble," Donghyuk carelessly commented as he shoved in another piece of chicken into his mouth. "I know right. What is it this time?" Junhoe followed suit. "Today Bobby hyung was revealed to work with Hayi nuna," Chanwoo explained as he scrolled down his phone.

"Bobby and Hayi?" Jinhwan was shocked to hear the news, proving his lack of interest in how the outside world worked. "Heol~ Then he is definitely dead then," Yunhyeong added. "So what they're like a new sub-unit or something?" Jinhwan asked.

"Yeah, but Bobby hyung's only featuring. There's one more person left to be revealed that would be in the unit with Hayi nuna," Chanwoo once again told what he seemed to be an expert in; the lives of the YG artists.

"Wah...in that case Hanbin is really going to throw a fit tonight," Jinhwan stated as the other members continued finishing their dinner. "Hyung, don't you think this is worth watching for?" Junhoe suggested that they basically go and eavesdrop although there was no need actually. The two's shouting was loud enough that Haru upstairs could even hear it possibly. "Should we?" instead of being the normal hyung that would not agree to something as so ridiculous, Jinhwan had that glint in his eye that he thought the same thing already.

 

Bobby who arrived at B.I.'s room was greeted with the leader's sulking face. "What the hell is this?!" B.I. got up from his bed and shoved the phone right to Bobby's face. Bobby was slightly taken aback albeit that he had tried to calm himself down before facing the wrath of the one-year-younger brother. The screen was an article that he was the next person to be included in YG's new unit, although it was stated that he was just featured in the song. There was even a picture of him locking arms with Lee Hi, which made B.I. feeling uneasy.

Calmly, Bobby removed B.I.'s hand from his sight and grinned, making his eyes seemed even more slanted. B.I. on the other hand wasn't even amused by his hyung's usual antic and style of comforting. "I've been thinking of a way to tell you but as I keep thinking, suddenly, this news came out. I guess I just end up not telling you instead. Sorry, bro," Bobby put a hand on B.I.'s shoulder but the latter quickly pushed it away.

"Bro? Bros don't do this to each other!"

"I was just featured in it! For like...30 seconds!!"

"Still!! Why are you doing this to me?!"

"President Yang told me to! What am I supposed to do? Say no?"

"Yeah!!"

It seemed as if their fight was just to the level of who could yell louder to be heard in the dorm. Bobby inhaled, then exhaled, trying to calm himself down to explain to B.I. slowly that this was nothing. It was business and he thought that B.I. would understand it more than anyone else. But then again, this was Hayi they were talking about. Bobby knew that B.I. also would go beyond his personality boundaries if it was because of Hayi. It was like he could be a different person because of Hayi. A perfect example of what love could do to you, Bobby thought.

"Hanbin-ah, listen to me. It's not that we're dating, it's not that I betrayed you, it's not that we even became a unit. I just featured in their song! That's all. Hayi is yours, forever yours, and I have no intention of changing that. You know I love you, right?" Bobby tried to make the mood lighter by joking around. B.I. seemed to start to comprehend a little. He knew he should had been more professional, but when it came to Lee Hi, he couldn't. It was peculiar and it was not the first time he felt like he changed whenever Lee Hi was invovled. Hanbin knew this but he just couldn't help it.

As if some logic and sense had gone into his mind, he inquired, "Just 30 seconds, right?"

"Promise!" Bobby was delighted that he managed to cool the leader down.

"Okay, I'll let you go, this time. But! Do not ever tell Hayi that I acted like this. She's going to mock me for another month if you do. And if that happens, I'll make sure you'll suffer with me. Got that?" B.I. warned.

Bobby didn't mind since he was pretty used to B.I. threatening him and all. He didn't mind because he knew that despite his love for Hayi, his love for him himself too was no denial. They were more like friends than hyung and dongsaeng and he was a friend that Bobby valued very much. He jumped in for a hug and despite that the latter seemed not to pleased with it, B.I. eventually gave in and let Bobby hugged him out of gratitude.

"And, no telling the members about this either," B.I. once again warned. "Yah, you shouted like you want to tear down this dorm and you said don't tell the kids? They would know anyways," Bobby reasoned. B.I. seemed to think that he was right and said, "Oh, right. Well, okay, just don't tell Hayi. Got that?"

"Okay," Bobby made an okay sign with his hand as he grinned widely. 

B.I. made his way and opened the door only to reveal the rest of the members in positions that give away they were eavesdropping the whole time. "What are you doing hyung?" B.I. was bewildered as he asked the oldest who was also right in front of him. The rest of the members tried to make an escape to the kitchen, living the poor hyung alone. "Uh? Ah..It's just that...oh yeah, you wanna come and have chicken?" He came up with a lame excuse but the leader decided to just play along since he was getting hungry by then.

"Sure."

 

A few days passed and as weird as it sounded, the peace that once filled iKon's dorm seemed to made its way there again. Chanwoo, Yunhyeong and Junhoe were eating sweet sour pork and jjajangmyeon that they ordered minutes ago. Bobby and B.I. were watching their reruns of Mix and Match on TV while Jinhwan and Donghyuk were in their respective rooms. 

"YAH KIM BAP!!!"

The same yell resounded throughout the dorm once again which almost choked Junhoe this time. Chanwoo passed a glass of water to his hyung and the latter immediately gulped it down. "What's with this atmosphere? What do I say...oh! Like deja vu?" Yunhyeong spoke up. "What's the deal with Bobby hyung that he always cause problems?" Junhoe added. "You guys really don't know?" Chanwoo asked and their blur expressions were enough to answer his question.

With a deep sigh, Chanwoo explained, "The one who's going to be working with Hayi nuna and Bobby hyung turns out to be Suhyun."

"WHAT?!" Yunhyeong and Junhoe gasped at the maknae's story. "Does President Yang knows about their relationships or what that he asked Bobby hyung to feature in their song?" Junhoe was amazed that out of all people, Lee Hi and Suhyun of AKMU were the ones selected to form a new unit. "This is just amazing," Yunhyeong clapped his hands slowly, secretly feeling elated to see how Jinhwan would handle this.

In the living room, Bobby's smile from joking with B.I. was immediately wiped off as soon as he heard his hyung's yell. He literally froze for a couple of seconds, knowing that his doom would make its way then. "Yah, what's wrong?" B.I. slightly pushed Bobby's shoulder seeing him not moving at all after Jinhwan shouted his name. B.I. knew the two of them longer than the other members did, and as soft as Jinhwan was, he could tell from that tone earlier, Jinhwan was really furious with Bobby. As a leader, he was worried that their fight might be a disadvantage to the group.

But on top of all that, he was just plainly worried that Bobby had caused some serious trouble that would make the kind, soft-hearted Jinhwan enraged like this. 

"Haisy, I'll be back. Pray for my safety, Hanbin-ah," his expression turned sour and dejected as he got off from the sofa. The others in the kitchen managed to shout, "Hyung, fighting!" before Bobby did the same gesture to them as well. "Let's meet when you're alive, hyung!" Junhoe jokingly said but even that wasn't enough to made Bobby feel better.

Bobby made his way to Jinhwan's room, the same way he did when he went to B.I.'s room before. The door was wide open and Bobby prayed that he would survive this before stepping in. 

"What is THIS??!!" Jinhwan showed the picture of the three on his phone screen together, his face was distorted and Bobby swore he could basically see his hyung's face getting redder by the moment. "Ai, hyung, Suhyunnie is doing a unit with Hayi. Isn't that great?" he tried to not provoke the topic of him being in the middle of the two.

"Yeah, I'm sure you're on a roll now. How it feels like to be promoting with my Suhyun?" Bobby swore that in the years he knew Jinhwan, this was the first time he exploded like this. At least to him.

"I'm not promoting with them. I will just feature in it. Like, yeah, I guess I would perform on stage with them, but it's like, maybe once? Who knows? Maybe not at all," Bobby reasoned.

"Yah, I'm disappointed in you, Kim Bap. I cared for you like a brother and this is what you do to me?"

"Hyung! What are you overreacting? Ah, you're really making me crazy!" he pulled out his hair out of frustration as Jinhwan still refused to act a little bit more professional. This wasn't like the Jinhwan he used to know.

"Hyung, Bobby hyung's just featuring in it. Nothing more," B.I. decided to step in since he knew that he was the one who could understand Jinhwan's situation the most. He too threw a fit the other day but after some reasoning and realization, he decided that this was just a small matter. It wasn't something worth fighting about. 

Jinhwan sighed heavily, his anger hadn't even cooled down one bit. He came to a point where he questioned how did Hanbin get over this. "Aish! I don't know anymore!" Jinhwan yelled again before leaving the room and eventually the dorm, leaving all the members befuddled. Bobby intended to follow him but B.I. stopped him, "Just leave him alone. He'll get to his senses later on."

Although still wanting to persuade the sulky hyung, Bobby listened to the leader's words. He knew that Hanbin was always right when it came to things like this and so he stopped himself from doing so.

 

For the rest of the week, things hadn't been going smoothly for Bobby. The members and him were preparing for the usual monthly's test with the song Big Bang's Lies. But everything that he did seemed to be wrong. Wrong in Jinhwan's eyes at least. Every move in the dance, the way he rapped, even when he was just catching a breath, he would always get scolded.

"Yah! Yah! Again! Bobby why are you doing it like that? Do it like this, I said!" Jinhwan demonstrated the moves although it seemed like it was the same thing Bobby did earlier. All the other members felt pity for Bobby but none of them dared to utter a word. B.I. was not present for that practice since he was busy working on their debut album in the recording studio. And so, nobody was capable enough to tell Jinhwan that what he was doing was just ridiculous.

Bobby on the other hand had been trying to follow whatever he said and at times he felt like he had had enough. He really couldn't handle this all by himself. Well, B.I. would try and reason out with Jinhwan once a while but whatever the leader said seemed to not be taken into account by Jinhwan.

"It's not sharp enough! Listen to the beat already!" He messed his hair as the others just eyed him cautiously. "Haisy, everyone else take five, except for Bobby. Do it until I say okay, okay?!"

Bobby only managed to agree, "Okay." 

This kept on going for another ten minutes before someone barged into their practice room. That someone was a familiar face whom everyone was glad to see. "Eo? Suhyun?" Chanwoo was the first to notice and the others greeted as well. Suhyun bowed back and she noticed the bewildered look on her boyfriend's face. "Suhyun-ah? Why are you here?" Jinhwan was really shocked seeing her. It wasn't like it was the first time she went there but Jinhwan didn't recall a time when Suhyun said she would come and visit him at the practice room.

"Ah, I'm sorry to interrupt your practice but I need to see oppa. Just 5 minutes, is that okay?" Suhyun ignored Jinhwan's question and politely asked the other members. They all didn't really mind and so she dragged Jinhwan out of the room instantly.

"Ow, ow, ow! Ya, Lee Suhyun, what is it that you can't wait to meet me?" he rubbed his right arm, not satisfied with the way she behaved. "Oppa how can you do this?"

"What?"

"How can you do this to your own member? Bobby oppa featured in Hi Suhyun, so what? Why are you so unprofessional about this?"

"What the-- did he tell you about this?"

"Please stop blaming Bobby oppa. He did nothing wrong but following all your childish, petty revenge this whole week! Plus, Hanbin oppa was the one who told me. He said that I'm the only one who can stop you from acting like this."

"Hanbin did? Aish, that little.."

"Oppa, just please don't be like this. Even Hanbin oppa's cool with Hayi nuna doing this. Yeah sure the song's about me fangirling over Bobby oppa. But in my eyes, there's only Jinhwan oppa," she pouted, pouring out her best aegyo to melt the elder's heart. She knew that Jinhwan could never say no to her if she did aegyo.

Trying to stay tough, Jinhwan looked away, not wanting to see her cute face. Suhyun didn't give up and went the other way and he turned the other way, and just like that they kept on going. "Oppa, oppa, oppa, oppa, ah oppa~"

Frustrated, Jinhwan stopped. "Arasso! I'll let it go this time. Haish, using your aegyo like that is a crime, Lee Suhyun!" he tried to keep a straight face but eventually broke out into a smile when Suhyun hugged his arm and let her head land on his shoulder. "Oppa jjang!"

As Suhyun let him go, Jinhwan rattled, "Oh and by the way, Hanbin wasn't cool about it. He was freaking mad to Bobby when he found out at first but he just didn't want Hayi to know. I'm not the only one who's jealous, okay?" He wasn't supposed to tell that but it felt unfair that he was the one who was labelled as the unprofessional, overly attached boyfriend. "Just don't tell Hayi, though," he might had regretted telling it to Suhyun though.

"Why are you telling me this then?"

"So you would know that I wasn't the only one. Making things fair," he gave an excuse.

 

And so the lives of the iKon members were restored back to normal. Jinhwan and Hanbin decided to just let this go this one time since Bobby technically wasn't even a part of the unit anyways. It was all a happy ever after.

 

"YAH KIM BAP!!!!!!" the yell sounded twice as worst, proving that happy ever after do not exist in real life. They DO NOT.

"Ah what is it this time?" Donghyuk flipped through the channels as Yunhyeong kept on playing with his phone. Bobby just arrived from buying some ice-cream at a convenience store outside and froze as he was taking off his shoes.

"Don't you know? Today's the day the MV for Hi Suhyun to come out," Chanwoo casually said. "So?" Yunhyeong felt they had been through this already and wondered what other problem could there be. "Let's just say, in the MV, nuna and Suhyun acted like they were crazy over Bobby hyung and Bobby hyung acted all cool and all. There were already rumours flying around of how good Hayi nuna or Suhyun looks with Bobby hyung. Fans ship them and all."

"Yah, but let me just ask this, how do you know all of this before we do?" Junhoe was always amazed at the maknae's skill to know the storm that was going to occur when it hadn't even started.

Chanwoo shrugged. "I don't know. I just know what the fans know."

"Yah where is that cunning, good-for-nothing Kim Bap?" Jinhwan was the first to come out of his room. Hanbin followed suit and locked eyes with Bobby who was at the entrance. Bobby sheepishly grinned as he slowly put his shoes back on. He stepped backward slowly as Hanbin shouted, "Yah where do you think you're going?!"

And with that Bobby swung the door open and ran out with all his might with the other two chasing him the whole night.

End.

 

and with the end of gif spams, here's the win pic:

xD kekekekekeke