Fifth

Too Much

March 23, 2016; 8:25 pm
Present Day; Incheon, South Korea


“Attention passengers, this is your captain speaking. We will be arriving shortly to the Incheon International Airport. Please take your seats and fasten your seatbelts, as we expect to be touching ground in about five minutes. We thank you for your cooperation and for picking Korean Air.”

“We’re finally home!” Soo Kyung squealed.

I took a deep breath in, trying to calm my nerves. It’s been almost three years since I’ve stepped foot in Korea, and I don’t know what to expect.

I clenched my chest with my sweaty palms. Why am I so nervous??

“Unnie, it’s going to be okay.” Seol Ji said, rubbing the back of my hand. “You can be more comfortable now.”

I wish I could believe her.

Truthfully, I wasn’t ready to come back. I haven’t healed from the heartbreak I caused, let alone the heartbreak I felt when I found out Jungkook was dating someone.

I know that I was the one who ended the relationship, but I had a reason; a reason that he was oblivious to. I knew that someday the day would come where he’d find someone else. I knew.

Still, my heart wasn’t ready. 



May 13, 2016; 9:30 am
Location: KBS Hall; Music Bank

I don’t regret the decision I made. He’s a top star now, and I’m proud of him; I’m proud of all of them. I can rest assure that their manager kept his word and kept him… them, safe.

“Yah… are you sure you want to do this?” Seol ji asked, nudging my arm.

I nodded my head. “I know it’s weird, but I feel like if I see him just one last time, I can put everything behind me.” I said, looking down at the ticket in my hand. “Without being seen, of course.”

“You really are different from us normal girls.” She said, shaking her head.

“I know.” I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

She checked her watch and grabbed my hand. “Let’s go. Their live recording is about to start.”

We made our way into the viewing area, making sure to stay as far to the back as possible.

It didn’t take long before BTS made their way onto the stage. They stood in a line and greeted the fans, thanking them for their support. Soon after, the music started playing and the boys started performing.

"They're on a whole new level than when they first started out." Seol Ji said to me.

I silently nodded in agreement, watching the boys.

They really have gotten better.

I observed each member, taking note of every step they took to every note they sang or rapped.

Namjoon's always been an amazing rapper, hence his Rap Monster stage name. He's always said that the choreography is the hardest part for him, but seeing him right now, you'd never tell. He's not as stiff as before and his expressions show passion for what he's doing.

Aside from his good looks, Jin has an amazing voice. He hasn't always been recognized for his singing, but you can tell that he's passionate about his career when he does sing. His not-so-smooth dancing is getting better. I can tell he's also been practicing.

Mr. Suga - the rapper, the writer, the composer - he does it all. Don't get me wrong, Namjoon's very talented as well, but Yoongi's something else. With his chill, yet goofy personality, it's amazing how serious he can get about his work.

Hobi, oh Hobi. He's still as spunky as ever. He's always been the best dancer of the group, in my opinion. He's the one that everyone looks for when they need help with the choreography. He believes that hard work brings favorable results, which is why he does his best at what he does.  

Jimin’s vocals have gotten way better. He’s always been a great dancer, and he’s always had a great voice, he just seems more powerful in both aspects now. I can tell that he’s been practicing on increasing his range and keeping his voice stable.


Taehyung’s voice is as deep as ever. It’s hard to believe that this kid is younger than me, until you see the way he acts off stage. Having such a deep voice, he’s always wanted to increase his vocal power, and I think I can kind of sense that it’s going well. He has more control over his vocals, and I see he’s getting a few more “solo” parts than before.

Jungkook… He’s matured since the last time I saw him. He’s always been the power vocal of the group. Jungkook’s always been the shy and quiet one of the group, but he never lets that show on stage. Singing and dancing have always been his passion, so I’m happy to see that he’s chasing after his dreams with an amazing group of guys.

“U- Unnie…” I heard Seol Ji stuttered.

I turned to her as she pointed to me.

“What?” I questioned, as I placed a hand on my cheek.

I was crying.

Without even noticing, my eyes were filled with tears.

I burst out in laughter, probably looking like a crazy person.

“Wahh, my tears have a mind of their own! I don’t even know where they came from!” I say, patting my cheeks dry.

“Yah, I think I’m done here.” I say to Seol Ji, linking our arms.

“Are you sure?” She asks, as we make our way to the doors.

I stop and take one final look at the group, before nodding. “I’m sure.”



 

 

 

 

 



I lied.



Several weeks have passed, and I can’t help but run into him everywhere I go. He’s on every TV I pass, every newspaper I see, and his name come out of every mouth around me. It seems that Jungkook and his new girlfriend are all people could talk about right now.

I know I said that I was going to put everything behind me, but it’s kind of hard when all you hear about is how the man you love is with someone else now.

The heart doesn’t always do what you want it to do either. No matter how hard I tried to push him out of it, mine kept pushing him back in. I couldn’t get rid of the love I have for him.

“BTS’s Jungkook and TWICE’s Da Hyun were spotted in a-”

I plugged my headphones in and scanned my phone for anything to block out the noise. Finally deciding on Crush’s “Sofa”, I slip my phone back into the pocket of my hoodie and continue to brows the supermarket I was in.

I took my time looking through ever aisle, until I came across a cart filled with snacks I was too familiar with.

“Heol~” I said, noticing it was unattended. I quietly looked through the cart, noting that almost everything in there was on Seol Ji’s “no-no” list and my “go-to-have” list.

“Uhm, that’s my cart…” Some said, causing me to jump.

“Oh, I’m sorry!” I turned and bowed. “I wasn’t going to take it!”

Aish, so freaking embarrassing!


“A-Ae Kyung?”

I shot back up at the sound of my name. “J-Jungkook…”

We were both in shock for a moment, until I broke the silence.

“Wh- What are you doing here?” I stupidly asked.

“Oh… The hyungs sent me to fetch some groceries. Jin hyung wanted to cook tonight…” He answered, eyes still wide. “What about you? I thought you left Korea…”

“Oh, I did… I came back not too long ago.” I said, hesitantly.

Then there was another awkward silence...

I hate this. I hate that this is what we've come to. I hate that it's my fault. I hate it...

"Mm... I bet the hyungs are wondeing why I'm taking so long..." He finally spoke.

"Y-yeah... You should get going. I bet Jin's worrying like crazy." I chuckled.

"It... was  nice... seeing you, Ae Kyung." He smiled. "You look great. I'm happy you're doing well."

I nodded. "Thanks... I'm happy for you too." I weakly smiled.

"Thanks, haha..." He rubbed the back of his neck, "We're actually doing better than we thought. Suga hyung was nervous becuase he produced alot of he songs, but he's on cloude nine right now."

"That's... not what I meant." I chuckled.

He looked at me confused, so I poined to the television behind him.

"Oh..." he spat out. "Yeah, thanks I guess."

"That's not a normal reaction." I said, observing him. "Not for someone in love."

He turned back to me, awkwardly smiling. "It's not true."

A confused look took over my face.

"I mean, it's true, in a way..." He said, confusing me even more.

"Okay..." I said, furrowing my eyebrows. 

He ruffled through his hair in frustration, grunting.

I lighlty laughed, shaking my head.

"Okay, I'm going to head out first." I said, waving. "Seol Ji's probably dying of hunger."

"Take care, Jungkook." I said, before walking away.

"I don't love her." He said softly, but loud enough for me to hear, causing me to stop.

My heart was racing. I kept my back facing him, hiding my blank expression.

"It's all for the media, me and Da Hyun." He confessed. "Manager hyung convinced our companies that it'd be good press, since there was a little fandom about the both of us."

I rolled my eyes as he said that.

Of course it'd be the manager's idea; after he chased me out and all.

"Well, he was right." I said, "That's all I've heard about since I've been back." trying to joke.

"Is it okay to lie to the public?" He asked as he dropped his gaze from me to the floor. "Especially about the person you're supposed to love...?"

My smile faded from his question. If this is going where I think it's going...

"I think you should talk to your manager and your company. I've got to go." I quickly said and tried to leave, only to have him grab onto my arm.

"Jungkook, you shouldn't be doing this. What if somebody recognizes you?" I said, looking around us while trying to break free from his grasp.

"I don't care." He said, pulling me agianst him. "At least this time the rumors won't be fake."

"Wha-" He cut me off by smashing his lip onto mine. My mind was telling me to break away, but my heart said otherwise. I knew it was wrong, but it felt so right.

"I'm not letting you go this time, Ae Kyung." He said, as we took a breath. "I won't ever let you leave me again." He placed his forehead on mine.

I smiled and nodded, as he intertwined our fingers.

"I think I might love you a bit too much to leave you anyways." I said, feeling my cheeks flush.



I think I may have to be selfish this once.

 

- END -

 


{ 5/5 }

I've finally finished!
I was iffy about what kind of ending this story would have, but I couldn't bring myself to end it sad! >.<
I hope I didn't disappoint any of you with the ending.

I'm SUPER greatful for all of you who subscribed, and even more grateful to you who left comments!
Comments & criticism are welcomed! 
I've been thinking about writing an alternate ending, but idk o-o

Love you, byeeeeeeee~!

O2.1O.16